ChromeVox - Giving Voice to Chrome
- (2020-06-29) Patrick Man: alt-shift-a-a to toggle it NOT ctrl-alt-z Google's top result for asking this question is wrong. Oops.
- (2020-04-14) Bruno Sastre: I Like it a lot, but it is very annoying not having an option to disable it. I have to go to extensions > then I can disable.
- (2020-04-10) MM Heegstra: De getallen 0-9 worden in het Engels uitgesproken terwijl de geselecteerde taal Nederlands is.
- (2020-04-01) Leanna Palmer: IT WON'T TURN OFF. I'm doing what it says to do ctrl+alt+z and nothing. The only way to stop is to uninstall?
- (2020-03-23) Peggy Way: Work well to ensure development of applications are meeting 508 Compliance
- (2020-03-23) toontham karnpoon: ก็ดีอยู่นะ แต่ของ google เองไม่มีภาษาไทย
- (2020-03-13) R Harriot: Con: Not designed for students that need Chrome to read articles/chapters to them, while they juggle life/eat dinner. Con: Disabled all settings and the thing is still reading what I'm typing currently. Pros: Possibly great for the visually impaired?
- (2020-03-09) Mike G: To disable/enable on Chrome (Windows) -- Use Chrome's manage extensions. There's an on/off switch. No need to uninstall as one reviewer wrote. (Caveat: I have enough vision to navigate Chrome's manage extensions. I can't imagine how hard it would be to find without sight.)
- (2020-02-28) Henry McIntosh: Literally unusable. Immediately after i installed it, every time i opened chrome it would crash about 5 seconds later. Had to race into the extensions settings and finally managed to do it fast enough to disable it. This is an absolute disaster.
- (2020-02-07) Robert Linder: FYI: Due to a bug ChromeVox does not read so called Shadow DOM (document object model), which in non-technical terms means that in cases where web developers use Shadow DOM: ChromeVox will neglect to read entire components of a web page. And ChromeVox will not be updated to fix this bug. Yes, outrageous. (See https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1049034 for details.)
- (2020-02-05) Ning Cao: good
- (2020-01-21) khandaker toihid Islam: Label of select box is not working chromeVox. <label for="seatType">Preferred seat type</label> <select name="seatType" id="seatType"> <option value="0">No preference</option> <option value="1">Aisle seat</option> <option value="2">Window seat</option> </select>
- (2020-01-05) Jean-Pierre Gladu: "Generic container, generic container, generic container..." and that's on google.com. Switching the extension on/off and it's working fine now. - I would like a quick visual on/off switch like other extension. - Cause screen flickering.
- (2019-12-26) Jason Marsh: Absolutely awful app. A grade-school child with simple skills could release better. Google should be ashamed. One of the most pathetic software releases I've ever seen.
- (2019-12-26) Deepak Yadav: It's a good app, but there should be an option to turn it ON/OFF from the Extensions icon itself. I had to manually go to all extensions page in Chrome and Disable this. and there should be speed control as well.
- (2019-12-11) Ahmett: there isnt Turkish Language support. You should add Turkish.
- (2019-12-10) George Bagnall: i just love the sound
- (2019-12-09) Martin Denyer: well it's a screen reader. just not a particularly friendly one. with a bit of tlc this could be a very good extension
- (2019-12-05) Wenceslaus Modeler-cz: Katastrofa! Otřesný hlasový výstup a to co jsem potřeboval je čeština!!!
- (2019-12-04) Zac F: This a great little free extension to help make your websites more accessible. Yes, it's not perfect, but I have found it to be an invaluable took to make sure everyone can use my website. I'm really sorry to see that Google put this into maintenance only. Little by little, a Google sidelines these projects, it make Chrome a less and less useful tool.
- (2019-11-28) Kita Shalhevet: i hate it soooooo much its useless
- (2019-11-12) apostolis anastasiou: 1. The app doesn't have an on/off switch Now @Daniela Giorgio will come down the comments saying "Alt+Shift+A+A" to disable it. Does this solve the issue? Not really. Firstly, disabling and then enabling it again is very laggy, like "I can't change tabs" laggy. Mind you, my PC is used for programming work and is *required* to work on heavy tasks, so this isn't my desktop's issue. Secondly, there's no direct indication that leads to that shortcut, you have to search it on your own through the big list of shortcuts. And thirdly, it's 100% more natural and easy for people with no accessibility issues to just right click on the extension and disable the extension rather than remembering a shortcut, which is laggy anyway. 2. It makes annoying sounds all the time without a clear way to disable them. 3. It doesn't really have any voices, even though it clearly has a voices list, it doesn't let you know how to actually ... add voices. Maybe it's an OS thing, but it certainly should let you know why you dont have voices and how you can add any if you really can anyway. 4. Frontend is featureless. It doesn't have any good development options like I or most people expected. This extension should be mainly used only for developers only, because people with Accessibility issues use specialized software anyway! (like JAWS or Mac's VoiceOver) So, what's the point of this extension if it doesn't make a developer's life easier? Developers, thank you for this extension and I'm glad for your work. But that doesn't make this extension less annoying or more useful :)
- (2019-10-31) Javier Pårraga: Debe mejorarse bastante, para leer fanfics, no está mal, y para moverse por la veb, tampoco está mal. sin en vargo, no le la configuración del navegador. tienen que seguir trabajando en la extensión. Google, no debe dormirse en los laureles, ya que esto nos ayuda a muchas personas invidentes.
- (2019-10-15) Erik: Neumí česky 👎
2.6443 (894 votes)
Last update / version
2019-09-05 / 53.0.2784.6