ChromeVox - Giving Voice to Chrome
- (2020-02-07) Robert Linder: FYI: Due to a bug ChromeVox does not read so called Shadow DOM (document object model), which in non-technical terms means that in cases where web developers use Shadow DOM: ChromeVox will neglect to read entire components of a web page. And ChromeVox will not be updated to fix this bug. Yes, outrageous. (See https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1049034 for details.)
- (2020-02-05) Ning Cao: good
- (2020-01-21) khandaker toihid Islam: Label of select box is not working chromeVox. <label for="seatType">Preferred seat type</label> <select name="seatType" id="seatType"> <option value="0">No preference</option> <option value="1">Aisle seat</option> <option value="2">Window seat</option> </select>
- (2020-01-05) Jean-Pierre Gladu: "Generic container, generic container, generic container..." and that's on google.com. Switching the extension on/off and it's working fine now. - I would like a quick visual on/off switch like other extension. - Cause screen flickering.
- (2019-12-26) Jason Marsh: Absolutely awful app. A grade-school child with simple skills could release better. Google should be ashamed. One of the most pathetic software releases I've ever seen.
- (2019-12-26) Deepak Yadav: It's a good app, but there should be an option to turn it ON/OFF from the Extensions icon itself. I had to manually go to all extensions page in Chrome and Disable this. and there should be speed control as well.
- (2019-12-11) Ahmett: there isnt Turkish Language support. You should add Turkish.
- (2019-12-10) George Bagnall: i just love the sound
- (2019-12-09) Martin Denyer: well it's a screen reader. just not a particularly friendly one. with a bit of tlc this could be a very good extension
- (2019-12-05) Wenceslaus Modeler-cz: Katastrofa! Otřesný hlasový výstup a to co jsem potřeboval je čeština!!!
- (2019-12-04) Zac F: This a great little free extension to help make your websites more accessible. Yes, it's not perfect, but I have found it to be an invaluable took to make sure everyone can use my website. I'm really sorry to see that Google put this into maintenance only. Little by little, a Google sidelines these projects, it make Chrome a less and less useful tool.
- (2019-11-28) Kita Shalhevet: i hate it soooooo much its useless
- (2019-11-12) apostolis anastasiou: 1. The app doesn't have an on/off switch Now @Daniela Giorgio will come down the comments saying "Alt+Shift+A+A" to disable it. Does this solve the issue? Not really. Firstly, disabling and then enabling it again is very laggy, like "I can't change tabs" laggy. Mind you, my PC is used for programming work and is *required* to work on heavy tasks, so this isn't my desktop's issue. Secondly, there's no direct indication that leads to that shortcut, you have to search it on your own through the big list of shortcuts. And thirdly, it's 100% more natural and easy for people with no accessibility issues to just right click on the extension and disable the extension rather than remembering a shortcut, which is laggy anyway. 2. It makes annoying sounds all the time without a clear way to disable them. 3. It doesn't really have any voices, even though it clearly has a voices list, it doesn't let you know how to actually ... add voices. Maybe it's an OS thing, but it certainly should let you know why you dont have voices and how you can add any if you really can anyway. 4. Frontend is featureless. It doesn't have any good development options like I or most people expected. This extension should be mainly used only for developers only, because people with Accessibility issues use specialized software anyway! (like JAWS or Mac's VoiceOver) So, what's the point of this extension if it doesn't make a developer's life easier? Developers, thank you for this extension and I'm glad for your work. But that doesn't make this extension less annoying or more useful :)
- (2019-10-31) Javier Pårraga: Debe mejorarse bastante, para leer fanfics, no está mal, y para moverse por la veb, tampoco está mal. sin en vargo, no le la configuración del navegador. tienen que seguir trabajando en la extensión. Google, no debe dormirse en los laureles, ya que esto nos ayuda a muchas personas invidentes.
- (2019-10-15) Erik: Neumí česky 👎
- (2019-10-14) Alejandro Perez Martin: Muy útil pero necesita un botón para deshabilitarlo o pausarlo.
- (2019-10-09) Craig Cottingham: You'd think that they would have the option to turn the extension on / off - but I have to uninstall it - I've seen people are saying use "alt+shift+A+A" to disable it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me!
- (2019-10-03) Dustin Sharpless: Unusable as a selective screen reader
- (2019-09-07) Matthias: In der Tastaturbelegung steht überall die Taste "Chromvox". Ist das ein Platzhalter oder wie hat man das zu verstehen? Leider sehr unübersichtlich!
- (2019-09-03) Mickael Foucaux: It does not contains any voice... How to add some?
- (2019-08-28) Janice Pendleton: shivam kumar singh. Thank you. I'm using the software to read web-pages as I work on other things and love the software, so I just keep uninstalling extension. Until I saw your Post...Thank You!!!!!
- (2019-08-24) Nicholas Ash: I regularly test with JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver (Mac). ChromeVox remains my number one choice, especially for web forms. JAWS is also very good, but costly. NVDA is quite good but drops the ball on several very important aria accessibility attributes. ChromeVox has a few quirks as well, of course, but overall it's my single favorite screen reader and the one I recommend to screen reader users navigating my sites.
- (2019-08-08) Slade Colling: Wow, came back a few years later to see if Chrome had fixed issues with TTS and it seems even more broken then before, wanted to use it for webapp development and now I need to install annoying extention, am I missing something? chrome.tts.getVoices() Cannot read property 'getVoices' of undefined
- (2019-08-05) Dale Sande: When used with building Custom Elements (web components) the screen reader does not pick up shadowDOM elements correctly. Example, a WC with an Anchor element inside the shadow DOM is not read back as a LINK. Whereas with Apple VoiceOver in Safari, this reads back as a LINK without issue.
- (2019-07-26) NET/forceTECH. KEY: powinno włączanie i wyłączanie być w prawym przycisku myszki i w tym otwartym panelu menu który się otwoży przycisk włącz wyłącz. I dla czego nie czyta napisów z odtważaczy wideo powinno mieć opcję ocr jak copyfish gdy zaznaczy odtważacz by na bieżą co co 1 sekunde czytało napisy. I powinno mieć w sobię jusz opcję tłumaczenia czyli zaznaczam fragmęt który chce przeczytać najpierw powinno go przetłumaczyć na język który wybrałem w opcjach rozszeżenia a po przetłumaczeniu przeczytać text ale i tak jest miszczostwo !!!!
2.6445 (886 votes)
Last update / version
2019-09-05 / 53.0.2784.6