Art masterpieces from Google Arts & Culture in your browser tabs
Breathe a little culture into your day! Discover a beautiful artwork from Google Arts & Culture each time you open a new tab in Chrome. With this extension, in every new Chrome tab you’ll see masterpieces ranging from Van Gogh and Monet, all the way to contemporary works from street artists around the world. The artwork is refreshed every day, or you can change the settings to see a new image every time you open a new tab. If an artwork happens to spark your curiosity, click the image description to discover more on Google Arts & Culture. This extension was previously called the Google Art Project extension.
- (2020-08-05) Kibri Kubirik: The application is so useful but it is needed to be improved. Thanks for providing that kind of opportunity to meet amazing masterpieces. However, some artists do not exist (or the given information about them are so insufficient) on the app even though they are unique and important ones (such as İbrahim Balaban, Neşet Günal, Avni Arbaş etc.). Some of these artists are really important in terms of demonstrating the situation of the public. They illustrated the culture and well being rate of the Turkish people in a realistic way; how these people worked and how they were treated by the upper class... That is why I think it is crucial to make them reach more people. It would be awesome if there were a part where we can write down the artists/artworks that we want to see on Google Arts and Culture. Thanks, wish you have lovely days... Kübra
- (2020-07-22) Katherine Vargas: Such pretty images when opening tabs. I love it!
- (2020-07-07) Tomasz Salamon: Mukava avata aina uusi ja erilainen välilehti
- (2020-06-25) Никита Голдин: love it. but would be great to have small links or icons of websites I prefer above the art work. like in safari
- (2020-04-13) rochelle: Love this!!!! Wish you could zoom in or out of parts of each painting and zoom into the informational plaques so you could read them. Thanks Google
- (2020-04-13) loulou misuman: waw j'aimerais les voyages imaginaire 😍😍 c'est une application incroyable
- (2020-04-08) Prashant Mahajan: This extension is causing severe slowness since last 2 months or so. I have it for a long time, never had issue befor. After adding a new tab or opening browser, browser and whole machine freezes for 1-2 mins. Windows Version 81.0.4044.92 (Official Build) (64-bit).
- (2020-04-05) Kirill Nikitin: I've just installed this extension, and it is wonderful! It would be great though to have a non-intrusive pinned sites board, for example in the upper left corner, with site icons only and blended into the background. So I don't have to do another click to access the top sites as it is now.
- (2020-03-19) Kevin Pillay: I am white.
- (2020-03-09) ChaiHockParspore: good
- (2020-03-05) Nguyen Bin: ok rat hai long
- (2020-03-04) Maria Leonice: AINDA NAO SEI ESTOU INTALANDO AGORA
- (2020-03-03) Alex Benn: Love the art! But it's very low-resolution. Full screen on a regular 2k monitor is super blurry. With modern high DPI screens becoming the norm, why not use more of the gigapixels that are in the source images?
- (2020-03-02) Eva Eny Junqueira: nao encontrei o que quero
- (2020-03-02) Tal Yeshurun: So much incredible information being provided at every direction, really an underrated initiative because it preserves so much unique information and makes it accessible to everyone.
- (2020-02-27) wang Jack: very good，It make me out of my land and have a good time
- (2020-02-19) Hannah Contreras: Really like this extension as it's wonderful to see only the piece of art and nothing else cluttering it. Its only downside is that there is no way to "heart" or "like" the art so that it could be saved into a folder or something so I can see it again. I would love to really research some of the art that comes up, but with no way to save it, I can't ever remember the ones I really liked. Other than that, a wonderful extension to bring some art into my everyday life!
- (2020-02-12) peter vlahov: Instead of focusing on art and culture, as it's supposed to be, this service offers a big amount of liberal political activism. For example, Nelson Mandela's biography might be important for South African history or for the human rights, but it's greatly irrelevant to arts and culture to be on the page top. The service probably defines "culture" as something directly related to the sexual minorities issues ( in the trend of liberal brainwashing ), as we can see from the articles offered to the user. And only below all that, somewhere on the bottom part of the page, there are articles, related to art and culture.
- (2020-02-09) Nolan Robertson: Love it so much! I really enjoy Google Arts and Culture. As others have noted, the icing on the cake would be to favourite the piece from the new tab, without having to go to the artwork's page. Please bring in this feature!!
- (2020-02-04) Rd Rz: is there and app for windows wallpaper ?
- (2020-01-17) James Murtha: Please add the app pop out menu like all chrome new tabs. That would make this perfect.
- (2020-01-17) Henry wisdom12: Love it! Just what I've been looking for.
- (2020-01-15) Junning Wang: 上班闲暇，边做操，提升自我审美和艺术修养~
- (2020-01-08) Andy Schweig: I love this extension. I have one suggestion for a minor improvement: the legend at the bottom of the artwork should give the date the work was created and the nationality of the artist, just like a museum would.
- (2020-01-07) Heather Dalby: I really love this app, but it repeats too often to be a random coincidence.