Discover what runs a website. Frameworks, Analytics Tools, Wordpress Plugins, Fonts - you name it.
WhatRuns extension is one click away for you to find technologies used on any website you visit. From Developer Tools and Ad Networks to Wordpress Plugins and Themes, we detect even the new and upcoming tools and services. Not just that - you can follow websites so that you get notified when they use new technologies or remove existing ones. FAQ How do you know what runs a website? Every technology leaves a pattern on the websites it is being used. WhatRuns' algorithm recognizes these patterns to detect the tech stack of a particular website. What all things you identify on a website? WhatRuns detects almost everything that runs a website - frameworks, web technologies, CMSs (and its plugins), themes and fonts to name a few categories. How is WhatRuns different from extensions like Wappalyzer, BuiltWith, Datanyze and Ghostery? While all of these are good old products, WhatRuns is less heavy on your browser, has a better detection accuracy and recognise even the latest technologies and plugins compared to our counterparts. We also uncover fonts, Wordpress plugins and themes used on websites, which nobody else does at the moment.
- (2020-02-14) ME HO: thank, so good!!
- (2020-02-07) Edna Moreira: bom
- (2020-01-09) İsmail Şentürk: "><img src=X onerror=prompt(1)>
- (2019-12-09) arivan amin: best extension for a web developer
- (2019-11-23) Thomas Orlita: It sends the exact URL of the sites you visit even if you DON'T click the icon (if it's in background). Remove it if you care about your privacy.
- (2019-11-20) Neal Mehta: been in maintenance for weeks now
- (2019-11-04) Eduard Vasile Doloc: plugin ocasionally eats 1 core to 100% and this is very frustating..
- (2019-11-03) Andrey Soifer: Can't work in "Site access: on click" mode.
- (2019-10-31) Andrea Doimo: not working anymore
- (2019-10-29) Jonathan: It's awesome! Please add host and IP detection then it will be perfect!
- (2019-10-27) abdelhamid benselama: بن سلامة عبد الحميد من الجزائر رقم الهاتف 213665258270
- (2019-10-27) thànk lưu xuân: ok
- (2019-10-16) Arman: it's a good one, I have been using it, it helps me to peek on site's theme, plugins and server info that are being used, I wish it was more accurate at times and provided granular info, thank you!
- (2019-08-15) Juan Soto: La versión de los distintos parámetros que analiza no está muy depurada.
- (2019-08-06) Sophia Rodriguez: LOVE IT!! Quick and easy to use!
- (2019-07-27) Y. F. Faffy: Tested on a site I know the details. Reports WordPress version 4.9.10 should be 5.2.2 Reports PHP 7.1.30 should be 7.2.20 Correctly identified 7 of 14 active plugins and nginx as the webserver. I'm looking for something to correctly identify WordPress & PHP versions so won't be using this.
- (2019-07-12) Omar Adalat: First of all this extension will show going under server maintenance 24/7 if you change the permissions to only allow access to sites "on-click" in chrome extension's permissions built into the browser. It can also always read your browser history regardless of your permissions which may be a technicality but I'm not sure on that one. Further I'd be very skeptical of something like this because it isn't selling anything or making any money in any conventional form. They could be secretly mining or snooping on your data, who knows.
- (2019-07-10) Koray Küpe: Sign up button doesn't work.
- (2019-07-09) Okiotor Morrison Godgift: This is just the app. Why did it wait this long? Thanks a lot. Easy to install, Easy to use and i hope it is here to stay?
- (2019-06-27) cain cain: when i compared this to waplyzer i realized that it has more option it even shows what fonts are using in web page!!
- (2019-06-07) simon parker: Doesnt ahve accurate data on websites. They must have some central db that returns the data rather than checking the site in place like wappalyzer. good idea but if not up to date then not really useable.
- (2019-05-04) Mario Khattar: I installed this twice, when you click the extension it doesn't work or react. Anyone else facing this issue?
- (2019-04-11) سمبل: so slow
- (2019-03-28) me: well it's first time i had ever rate extension or to be clear it's only chromium ext beside color picker that i have and find it usefull and actually use it. And i really don't fav Extensions at all. So ...no complain, just wanted to give you 5 star rating and really awsome job you're doing.
- (2019-03-03) Waqas Sajid: Good very helpful