Logs when an extension is installed, uninstalled, upgraded, enabled or disabled. Also keeps track of each chrome update.
- (2023-03-13) geoff ree: hey there dev, can you please PLEASE add this to this ext. more info about the ext. like install date to the screen with the list of exts. also the ext's last use. if possible. install date FOR SURE THO. please and thank you.
- (2022-07-26) Paula Santos: Thank you so much for this!!!
- (2020-11-28) Irina Kruglova: super useful
- (2020-11-26) Alex Uguna: I really love it! Thank you so much for the author and please continue to improve it!
- (2019-09-17) Mark Fratto: OOOOOMMMMMGGG. I love this thing. Great for tracking stuff down.
- (2019-07-20) Steph: I love this extension and it has become quite a necessity for me. It broke down a while ago so I stopped using it but couldn't find a replacement. Once an extension starts to not work, I tend to discard it and move on especially if the dev isn't active. This was one of very very few extensions that I missed once it stopped working and I've ended up removing and reinstalling several times before I decided to try contacting the dev in hopes he could help me to get it working. Let me just say, within less than a day of emailing him the log data, he had it working again. 5 stars for an awesome and useful extension and a million stars for great support and care.
- (2023-05-18, v:0.5.8) Charles Howes: Is there a history log?
I discovered an unwelcome extension and uninstalled it immediately. Then I went through my list of extensions and saw I'd installed Extension history quite a while ago, so I opened it up and the "last" columns for that extension just said "2 minutes ago". Is there a way to determine when it was installed? In retrospect, I should have checked Extension history before uninstalling, but I really wanted that other extension off my system. Thanks
- (2021-02-05, v:0.5.8) Daisy Daisy: Track extension owner
Could you also log the extension owner, and add an option to automatically disable extensions which are updated when the owner has changed? That way the user could review the extension and possibly avoid malware injection when extensions are sold to malicious owners. https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/244318/chrome-extensions-tool-to-notify-users-of-ownership-change-to-avoid-malicious
- (2021-01-15, v:0.5.8) Alex Gene: Addition / suggestion
could you add options to control how many times we want it to blink to grab attention?
- (2020-09-16, v:0.5.8) Todd Andrews: Can you add an installed-on-this-device date?
I'd like to be able to sort by install date to figure out which ones I'd added most recently in case I want to add on of them to other instances of Chrome and/or tell a friend about new ones I've discovered. I realize you might not be able to display the install date before Extension Log is installed, but maybe you could get close to a meaningful date by extracting the extension's folder creation date (e.g., %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\eiljhbjamiikjjldhnepillceohglbjh)?
- (2020-09-16, v:0.5.8) Todd Andrews: The two "last" columns
What do these show? Maybe you could add a tooltip so hovering over them will offer an explanation? Most of the time the two columns match.
- (2020-08-16, v:0.5.8) Todd Andrews: Error when click on 'This link opens your browsing history'
Chrome Version 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 The error I get is below. What should I go? ----- This site can’t be reached The webpage at chrome://history-frame/?q=https://chrome.google.com/webstore*/related might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ERR_INVALID_URL
- (2020-03-02, v:0.5.8) Startdup. com: Save to server
Allowing the ability to save current log to google server to update on a new instance would be awesome.
- (2019-07-13, v:0.5.7) Steph: Log Page is Empty
Extension was working fine then one day the log page stopped showing text.