GraphQL debugging tools for Apollo Client.
Apollo Client Devtools is a Chrome extension for the open-source GraphQL client, Apollo Client. This extension has 4 main features: 1. A built-in version of the Apollo Studio Explorer that allows you to make queries against your GraphQL server using your app's network interface directly (no configuration necessary). 2. A query watcher that shows you which queries are being watched by the current page, when those queries are loading, and what variables those queries are using. 3. A mutation inspector that displays the mutations made to your Apollo Client application data. 4. A cache inspector that displays your Apollo Client cache data. You can explore the cache through a tree-like interface, and search for specific field keys and values. Code for this extension can be found at: https://github.com/apollographql/apollo-client-devtools To learn more about Apollo, see: https://www.apollographql.com
- (2023-05-19) Mathieu Lessard: It works. It doesn't work. It works. It doesn't work. It works. It doesn't work. It is a very good tool. If it was dependable too it would be great.
- (2023-05-12) Denis Senokosov (dennni): It just does not work
- (2023-05-04) William Nguyen: Works after installing and then removing and re-installing.
- (2023-04-11) Dominic Bouchard: Doesn't work. No documentation whatsoever. No support/update. What is this?
- (2023-04-01) Katleho Komeke: I downloaded the chrome extension. It's not working. I also downloaded the firefox extension. Also not working. The extension doesn't even show up when you open the dev tools.
- (2023-03-23) Shane Gianelli: Doesn't work and isn't sufficiently documented
- (2023-02-02) Jason Perrone: It doesn't do anything. The Queries tab, Mutations tab and Cache tab are all always blank, 100% of the time.
- (2023-01-26) Furnibay Shop: Doesnt work on Mac OSX
- (2022-12-14) Souvik Basu: Most reviews mention that the extension is not working probably because they are trying to access a live site. It works perfectly well for http://localhost. If not try adding `connectToDevTools: true` property to your ApolloClient instance. The team should have mentioned this properly in the description
- (2022-11-29) Shane Sepac: Doesn't work.
- (2022-10-25) Aaron Hickman: Disappears
- (2022-10-19) Amir Meimari: Congrats guys, this is one of the worst extensions that I have ever seen! 🙌😊
- (2022-10-08) Shashank Mishra: Just Simply Awful! 😊
- (2022-10-06) Harsha Limaye: Would be a very helpful tool IF IT WORKED. Does not show up at all. The cache is always empty unless you refresh the page. Sad times.
- (2022-09-30) Nikolas Honnef: This extension adds A LOT of tracking scripts to every page!
- (2022-08-22) Sadman Sakib: It doesn't work Please don't make useless extension
- (2022-07-24) Robert Komaromi: This extension causes hydration warnings when used on a page with Remix. It also seems to rarely work. Sometimes it will capture and show GraphQL requests, but usually it doesn't.
- (2022-07-23) Un Seen: Useless, it only works when your browser location is https://studio.apollographql.com
- (2022-07-19) n-o-o-n: Nice support for apollo with great overview over queries, cache and even firing your queries manually. Only problem for me, it used to be working in chrome, but now it doesn't seem to register the apollo-client or it's simply broken. Though it works in my firefox.
- (2022-07-06) Sean Kaat: Doesn't work. Also doesn't work in edge (I understand that it's not officially supported)
- (2022-07-06) Josh Bannister: Editing review with greater stars, this is a great tool but I frequently have to uninstall and reinstall for it to appear/function properly.
- (2022-06-06) francis belanger: This never works. I cannot rate it properly I only seen it once. and it is now gone forever. this is the most unreliable chrome extensions.
- (2022-05-28) Slava: Working extension but you have to reopen chrome devtools every single time after the page is loaded. One might get mad doing this constantly
- (2022-05-15) 가출한토토로: It doesn't work right , 탭 1개만 놔두고 작동시키면 된다고 해서 작동은 해봤는데 그 다음 기능들이 제대로 작동이 되는게 없네요..
- (2022-05-11) Marc Giroux: Does not work, i can see the queries for a brief quarter of a second then everything goes blank. Useless.
- (2022-05-03) Jason Harrison Fisher: Totally freaking broken. Apollo Studio opens up and covers critical UI components and buttons.
- (2022-05-02) Joe Longstreet: This is great in concept, but it is so incredibly buggy.
- (2022-02-28) Gerardo Cedeño: No sirve este plugin :S
- (2022-02-24) Clay Gorman: Used to work but doesnt anymore
- (2022-01-18) Kendra Tang: It worked but doesn't work now.
- (2022-01-14) Szilard Dobai: Doesn't work.
- (2022-01-10) Seba Kerckhof: It doesn't work (doesn't show anything in my RCA apollo project)
- (2021-12-07) Shubham Chaurasia: Not working for me
- (2021-11-24) WIMPY: Doesn't actually display anything for me when trying to debug a local React app using Apollo...
- (2021-11-01) Jere Casla: lo que yo no entiendo es porque cuando doy click derecho inspeccionar sobre twitch me dice que descargue esto si alguien sabe porfavor que me responda
- (2021-10-18) Its good, All you need to learn it from youtube or from some where else.
- (2021-10-12) Dmytro Antich: Not working at all
- (2021-10-01) Kris Savoia: Keeps disappearing from Chrome
- (2021-09-26) Brady Edgar: Doesn't work anymore
- (2021-09-24) Lesyk Mahula: always disappears from devtools. relaunching chrome usually fixes this but this is so inconvenient
- (2021-09-20) Matúš Bielik: It would be so useful, but it doesn't work at all. E.g. no queries are intercepted, the extension does nothing.
- (2021-09-14) Pavel Devyatov: Amazing app.
- (2021-09-03) Satish Kumar Narava: Close the whole browser and then open it again to see the Apollo in chrome dev tools :-)
- (2021-08-29) Abraar Arique: Doesn't work at all. Use "Altair GraphQL Client" instead...
- (2021-08-26) Leo Lin: User experience is not that good. 1. Highlight color when do searching make the keyword hard to see. 2. Cursor color is too similar to background in GraphiQL mode. I can't find my cursor.
- (2021-08-26) I'M BACK: not working
- (2021-08-25) Alex Feldman: Does not show up in incognito mode, even though I enable the extension to work in incognito mode.
- (2021-08-01) Adam Burke: Works well for me!
- (2021-07-26) Joseph Lyons: doesn't work, use the "GraphQL Network Inspector" extension instead
- (2021-07-16) Marat Dospolov: works occasionally
- (2023-04-01, v:4.1.4) Katleho Komeke: Extension is not working
I downloaded the chrome extension. It's not working. I also downloaded the firefox extension. Also not working. The extension doesn't even show up when open the dev tools.
- (2023-02-27, v:4.1.4) Liz Marks: Stopped working
No longer appeared on the Developer Tools toolbar. Uninstalled and reinstalled, it now seems to be working again
- (2022-11-08, v:4.1.3) M4Ni: Doesn't work
Just doesn't work - doesn't show up, can't see in network tab - nothing.
- (2022-11-04, v:4.1.3) Kathleen Kierulf: Apollo extension does not appear on dev tools using Chrome in MacOs
Apollo extension is not showing on devtools
- (2022-02-20, v:4.0.0) Andrew Keiser: All the sudden stopped working
Not sure if it's me or a widespread issue but all the sudden the Apollo Client Devtools stopped populating any queries, mutations or cache
- (2021-12-07, v:4.0.0) Shubham Chaurasia: It's not working
Can't see on the network console
- (2021-11-04, v:4.0.0) Jakob Dagsland Knutsen: Workaround for broken extension
TLDR; Remove extension, Add extension. Like many others, the extension suddenly broke on my end. I thought it was related to an update, but after removing and re-adding the extension it works again, which leads me to believe there's a caching issue somewhere. A colleague also noticed that the schema fails to pick up on server-side changes. I hope this helps.
- (2021-09-28, v:3.0.5) Chris Stoddart: Panel Resizing
Hello, I am unable to resize the areas within Apollo DevTools tabs aside from the GraphiQL tab which resizes just fine. I open DevTools to observe Apollo cache and unless I resize Chrome DevTools to be much larger than I prefer I am unable to legibly view the Apollo cache. Additionally the left side panel is much larger than it needs to be which further prevents me from comfortably using this extension. Please allow resizing in tabs other than GraphiQL.
- (2021-09-15, v:3.0.5) Srdja Dzogaz: Extension does not work in Vivaldi
Vivaldi is chromium based browser please enable support for Vivaldi
- (2021-08-12, v:3.0.5) Kevin Shelton: Previous Version
Is there a way to access a previous version? The current version is not working for me.
- (2021-07-14, v:3.0.5) David (Develapp): Does not work
None of the latest versions have worked. There are no queries, no cache, no mutation information
- (2021-06-03, v:3.0.5) Vladimir Petropavlovskiy: GraphiQL empty screen
When click "Run in GraphiQL" or switch tab "GraphiQL" a blank screen appears. I have to restart DevTools. MacOS Chrome 91
- (2021-06-01, v:3.0.5) Satu Hyvärinen: Most of query results not showing up in Apollo Client DevTools Cache
When a user logs in (in my app), the useMutation(LOGIN) data show up nicely in Apollo Client Dev Tools cache. The same is true of useMutation(SIGNUP). But NONE of the other useQuery or useMutation results become visible in the cache. How to make them show up?
- (2021-05-14, v:3.0.5) 이석원: Please roll back to previous version
This version is not working
- (2021-05-10, v:3.0.5) Nico Gallinal: Copy variables as JSON
First of all thanks for this excellent extension! Is it possible to have a copy as json? when using graphiql a json value must be used. Thanks in advance
- (2021-04-20, v:3.0.4) Herman Meerlo: Doesn't work at all
It is a nightmare. You better remove it from the chrome web store all together if it doesn't work. This is a big embarrassment.
- (2021-04-11, v:3.0.4) David Morin: No Longer Connecting
Has been going on for a few weeks now, the Dev Tools can't find the client in my dev apps. Makes it tough to stick with Apollo in the long run.
- (2021-03-30, v:3.0.2) Daniel O: Question on functionality
Hi, I love the new styling of the tool but the old functionality of being able easily rerun the exact query/mutation over and over having the prefilled variables was invaluable for testing. Are there plans to restore that functionality? Is there a way to restore the old version of the plugin in the mean time? I'd seriously pay for my team to have it back... Thanks, -Daniel
- (2021-03-26, v:3.0.2) Remy Carr: Issues with new release
I agree with previous commenters. Been using this for a year and was very happy with the previous version of the extension. The new version fails to connect and serves only as a way to view the queries that were sent, not as a way to see 1. The response to these queries 2. Access to GraphiQL so these queries can be customized and experimented upon
- (2021-03-18, v:3.0.2) Sean: Please build a devtools that actually works
Not having a decent Apollo devtools is seriously hampering development and adoption of Apollo. This extension is currently worthless because it never connects.
- (2021-03-18, v:3.0.2) Sandra Sasi: Old version is better. Please bring it back
Hi, I depend of apollo client plugin everyday, this new update just made everything good about this look basic now (No offence). Its exactly like Graphql Playground. The old version shows the network call and the variable. The new version is just not at all usable. Sorry for this suggestion but the old one was better and usable. If you could please bring the old changes back it would be very helpful.
- (2021-03-15, v:3.0.0) Kalle Melender: Extension is causing youtube to error and not load properly
desktop_polymer_inlined_html_polymer_flags.js:9930 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot assign to read only property 'process' of object '#<Window>' at desktop_polymer_inlined_html_polymer_flags.js:9930 at desktop_polymer_inlined_html_polymer_flags.js:9938 at desktop_polymer_inlined_html_polymer_flags.js:22342 (anonymous) @ desktop_polymer_inlined_html_polymer_flags.js:9930 (anonymous) @ desktop_polymer_inlined_html_polymer_flags.js:9938 (anonymous) @ desktop_polymer_inlined_html_polymer_flags.js:2234
- (2021-03-15, v:3.0.0) malikiz: youtube.com crash
This extension crashes youtube.com desktop_polymer_inlined_html_polymer_flags.js:9964 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot assign to read only property 'process' of object '#<Window>' at desktop_polymer_inlined_html_polymer_flags.js:9964
- (2021-02-09, v:2.3.5) Dénes Papp: Apollo tab missing on localhost
Hey, any idea why the extension doesn't work on localhost? The Apollo tab doesn't show up at all in Chrome Dev Tools. It works well everywhere else (remove servers) on the same codebase