Adds code intelligence to GitHub: hovers, definitions, references. Supports 20+ languages and other popular code hosts, too.
The Sourcegraph extension adds code navigation and code intelligence to GitHub and other code hosts: * Hovers with documentation and type information * Go to definition * Find references It works for 20+ languages on public and private code on most code hosts (see below). After you install it, try it out on any of these public repositories: * Go: https://github.com/gorilla/mux/blob/9e1f59/mux.go or https://github.com/dgrijalva/jwt-go/pull/152/files#diff-f615844d3497ff38db57e459d6ef657bL48 * Java: https://github.com/google/guava/blob/581ba1/guava/src/com/google/common/collect/ImmutableList.java * TypeScript: https://github.com/angular/angular/blob/a2878b/packages/benchpress/src/reporter/console_reporter.ts or https://github.com/sindresorhus/got/pull/917/files#diff-02301bc46e8b878f10e9a8339efb7de7R176 * C#: https://github.com/paiden/Nett/pull/76/files#diff-e969e1315b2cb01bab80b2860be0d87eR52 * Python: https://github.com/ageitgey/face_recognition/blob/b8fed6/examples/facerec_on_raspberry_pi.py Usage with private code on GitHub.com, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab, Bitbucket Server, or Phabricator: https://docs.sourcegraph.com/integration/browser_extension This extension is open source: https://github.com/sourcegraph/sourcegraph/tree/master/browser
- (2020-04-03) 常振乾: 想知道怎么设置里边的字体大小
- (2020-03-02) 范志竞: 方便开发者
- (2020-02-27) Zihao Jing: love it
- (2020-02-25) 胡学字: 国内不太实用，鼠标悬浮要半天才展示跳转，点什么都得等，总之一个字，慢，顿
- (2020-02-25) 金国敬: 太有用了，前两天还在愁怎么看github代码呢，大赞！
- (2019-12-16) Maolai He: 很好用，查看GitHub代码很方便
- (2019-12-04) 何威: Thank you! That a useful extension!
- (2019-11-16) stonman Shi: 与Octotree不兼容，弹出框会被Octotree遮挡
- (2019-10-14) 李丽平: i like it！
- (2019-09-29) 张晓峰: 正式我孜孜以求的插件，太赞了，解决了实际开发中的大问题，谢谢！
- (2019-09-27) 宋浩祥: 知乎推荐来的
- (2019-09-20) Awesome ! This is exactly what i want ! Thanks !
- (2019-09-05) Bro nice: 6666666 国内访问github的神器 啊
- (2019-09-04) 姚锐: nice
- (2019-08-23) qiyang wu: 确实方便，实用
- (2019-08-05) 依然藏锋: 这个插件是真的好用，github 看代码好手。
- (2019-06-28) Kyron Bao: 支持浏览器代码跳转，厉害了
- (2019-06-17) K Symbol: Github begins to support officially the feature: https://help.github.com/en/articles/navigating-code-on-github
- (2019-05-23) Bhoomtawath Plinsut: This tool is amazing. I can browse code on Github easily now, instead of having to clone the project just to view it via my favorite IDE. It allow me to view references and where variables/functions are defined.
- (2019-05-08) Jan Fabian: Useful stuff especially when exploring public repos, no need to inspect them locally. In combo with Octotree, I like it.
- (2019-04-08) 许可: 最近一段时间使用报404，今天卸载后重装就可以了
- (2019-03-03) 楊鈞皓: Good for code navigation on github.
- (2019-02-28) Jenny Wang: every glad I found this. I have been using opengrok for several years and sourceinsigh long time ago. But this tool is my future:)
- (2019-01-21) Annie Zhang: Thank you for creating this tool. Love developer tools
- (2019-01-20) 可以调整为黑暗背景吗?
- (2020-02-25, v:184.108.40.2060) Viktor Bergquist: Where to find "command palette" or "user settings"?
Hovering an object property (in a .ts TypeScript source) in a GitHub repo I get a message about using a "command palette" or editing "user settings." Where should I be able to find any or both of these in Chrome? The full message follows. “Sourcegraph has hidden GitHub's native hover tooltips. You can toggle this at any time: to enable the native tooltips run “Code host: prefer non-Sourcegraph hover tooltips” from the command palette or set "codeHost.useNativeTooltips": true in your user settings.” I haven't installed any other Sourcegraph product than this extension, would that be an issue
- (2019-09-16, v:220.127.116.118) Chandra Sekar: Code intelligence Not working in Google chrome browser Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Code intelligence Not working in Google chrome browser Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) RHEL 7 Linux Sourcegraph version v18.104.22.1688 . Whenever I hover over a piece of code in Github repo code intelligence is not showing anything remains blank.
- (2018-12-05, v:22.214.171.1249) stew Han: go to def not work
'go to def' not show when i read an android project at github
- (2018-11-04, v:2.0.0) Directory Tree Is Missing
Sourcegraph is great. I've been using it and it works well. However, recently the default directory tree on the left corner is missing when using `view on github` mode.
- (2018-10-03, v:1.16.2) Craig Hesling: File explorer icon covering GitHub logo
Would it be possible to move the file explorer icon (in the top left corner) away from the GitHub logo? I think the file explorer is important, but I often use the GitHub logo to return to my dashboard.
- (2018-08-17, v:1.7.54) Kamus Putih: GOOGLE
- (2018-08-15, v:1.7.54) takanao ENDOH: The definition tips to the under the symlink directories are not enabled.
like this: * https://github.com/michilu/bazel-bin-go/blob/8cca4827b668a1535daf86c68667ad83757fbe74/cmds/version/version.go#L15 * https://github.com/michilu/bazel-bin-go/blob/8cca4827b668a1535daf86c68667ad83757fbe74/cmds/version/version.go#L6
- (2018-02-06, v:1.6.0) Janet Kuo: GitHub becomes slow with this extension
I've been using Sourcegraph and it works fine. Just recently GitHub becomes slow (e.g. page scrolling) when Sourcegraph is enabled. Disabling it would fix the problem.
- (2017-12-06, v:1.5.4) James Player: Ruby support
Is there any plan to support .rb files?
- (2017-11-24, v:1.5.4) Joel Mason: Tree links on github point to https://com/...
Cheers for the extension. For some reaosn, links to files in the tree on all repos on github are now pointing to https://com/... instead of https://github.com/... This used to work for me, not sure when it stopped. I saw another post mentioning Octotree, I don't have that installed if that is relevant.
- (2017-11-03, v:1.4.34) Help page is not working