Disable images on current site.
Use this extension to disable/enable images on the current site. It's a simple switch: click to disable, click to enable. It works on "per host" basis and will disable images for the given host (the currently selected tab), not for all hosts. There are some options available, but basically, the extension does just that and nothing more.
- (2020-09-23) M S: simple and work
- (2020-04-16) Osman Vielma: GReat. Fast. It works.
- (2020-04-04) Merrit: This app is awesome! With a simple click of a button, the images all go away. Click again and they are back. How much simpler could you get? The developer should be applauded.
- (2020-03-28) Matthew Moravec: This is an easy way to block certain domains from loading images! It makes pages load much more quickly, which also keeps them from jumping around when images would have loaded. Certain ad images are still displayed, but the amount is greatly reduced. It is helpful to enable it on certain pages in which images are not necessary for the page viewing experience (e.g., I enable it on dictionary.com and thesaurus.com, sites for which images are needless).
- (2020-02-28) Boris Kozlov: Excellent!
- (2019-12-20) Maf ': Jenius!
- (2019-08-14) Sb Nuna: 入れないでください 拡張機能から削除しても画像が非表示になりつづけます
- (2019-04-18) wender: Отлично! Как раз для использования с медленными, публичными прокси!
- (2019-04-03) Dwij Mistry: what I want to use in my office
- (2019-01-19) Сергей Тимошенков: То, что надо!
- (2018-11-02) ImprovedTube for YouTube: permission list is extensive, should be opt-in and explained
- (2018-10-19) Ano nymous: I find it quite useless since I need to enable the setting for every site therefore downloading all the images the first time I load a page and using my data plan
- (2018-10-08) Peter Liu: Excellent! I choose this after a wide investigation, include Wizmage Image Hider 2.8.7, Block image 1.1, Easy Image Control 2.9 and Hide Images 1.5.1. Only one single click and then it will hide images from current site. It is very useful for those who want to hide images only on a few websites. You absolutely should give it a try! If you are those who want to hide images from all sites with a short whitelist, i suggest you try Wizmage Image Hider here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wizmage-image-hider/ifoggbfaoakkojipahnplnbfnhhhnmlp
- (2018-09-30) Max P: super
- (2018-09-24) Viktor Ljungström: This extension does not work. It reloads the page when you click to hide all images but when the page is loaded again lots of images are still there.
- (2018-09-03) Alex 1985: EXELLENT!BRILLIANT!! lOVE IT!
- (2018-07-17) Robin Singh: The Extension is showing Ads from Dogpile, searchfeed, downloadsearh in searches. This Plugin is now breached and please do not use this plugin.
- (2018-07-07) Alec Douglas: I use this to avoid spoilers on ESPN for video replays. Works perfectly - even blocks the poster images on videos.
- (2018-05-17) Evan Parker: Does exactly what it says. Easy and efficient.
- (2018-04-16) Sergio Eures: Would be nice if the images could be disabled only for a site, or just for a browser tab. Edit: but it does actually!
- (2018-04-14) Jane Doe: Works great, thanks!
- (2017-12-08) tokia nexus: this is helpful image please add feature when drag a mouse on off picture show like a flash light thanks
- (2017-12-05) Paul Jarrow: This extension simply doesn't work. The switch itself toggles back and forth after clicking, and the images are loaded, regardless of the switch position. Does 0% of the things it says it does.
- (2017-11-24) Shoretire Lydia: Perfect. This is what I've been looking for...
- (2017-09-27) This is what i have been looking for so long, this extension is so useful. Thank you.
- (2019-12-27, v:2.3.0) Пётр Рябов: Stops switching
After some (~3) switches, it stucks. On click, icon jumps to new state and instantly back. No change in image behaviour. So, I reinstall to restore "switch tokens".
- (2018-08-30, v:2.3.0) Can't remove
I've been trying to remove this extension. However, when it says it's removed, all of the images are still blocked. Tried restarting Chrome and my computer and the images are still blocked even when Chrome no longer lists the extensions. Please help.
- (2018-03-14, v:2.1.0) lack of images
No images appearing on google chrome
- (2018-02-01, v:2.1.0) Carolyn Quintero: Stopped working
This extension has stopped working in my chrome browser. The page refreshes like it's trying to work, but none of the images turn off.
- (2017-05-27, v:1.0.1) Max P: When disabled opens new tab in enebaled mode
If disabled -- it must always open in disabled mode!!
- (2017-05-11, v:1.0.1) Kung Yi Ting: A keyboard hotkey would be great
A great tool to use. Though adding a keyboard hotkey (customizable by user) would make this extension that much more useful. Hotkey function would be particularly useful as an emergency button to hide images (doesn't necessarily have to be NSFW) from nosy parents at home or bosses at work.
- (2017-02-06, v:1.0.0) Mgo Talarian: No longer works for local files!
This extension doesn't seem to be working any longer for local files. When the extension is used on local pages, the page just flickers and nothing happens, the images are still there. Does anyone have a solution?
- (2016-12-08, v:1.0.0) Abdellah Ousrhire: Images OFF by default
Hi im using my data plan to connect to the web i don't want to use the disable images located in the settings each time i want to disable images so please make images disabled by default and then leave me the option of showing them if i want to ^^ Thanks for the effort done
- (2016-08-10, v:1.0.0) Scott Powell: Download but not show?
So I'm looking into this more as something to limit the amount that I download (I'm in a "bandwidth poor" area). Anything I can do to speed up page loading. Does this extension simply hide the images (meaning they're still downloaded, just not shown)? Or does it disable images (for that site) entirely, meaning they're not downloaded either? I know some previous browsers I've used have allowed me to disable images loading.
- (2016-02-05, v:1.0.0) I would like a toggle for all images on all sites too
If I click off for all, it still retains per-site settings in memory but all images are turned off for all sites. Then if I turn it back on then since it saved the settings then the sites I previously turned off it's still turned off. Please add it? I will continue searching for a plugin which does this for now. If you add it I will come back and get this one. Thank you!
- (2016-01-13, v:1.0.0) Wojciech Błaszczuk: Is it opensource?
Could I look into src? :) Best regards.