Show a notification when an extension is updated.
Google Chrome Extensions are auto-updated. This is cool, no doubt about it, but how do you know when an extension is updated? You don't until you install this extension. ▸ You will receive a notification when an extension is updated. ▸ If the updated extension has a log of records in its Chrome Web Store description, you can view it directly from the extension. ▸ And unlike other extensions, it also works with disabled extensions. If you also think Google Chrome should provide an option to toggle extensions updates notifications, go star this issue at http://crbug.com/28556 ------------------------------------------------ Changelog: 3.5: - Notifications will now remain visible on screen until user activates or dismisses them. 3.4: - Notifications will stay longer. 3.3: - Clean stored data when extension is uninstalled. 3.2: - Added spanish translation thanks to Oscar - Clean up locally stored data at startup. 3.1: - Display "Show changelog" only when it's relevant - Linkify URLs in changelog - Dismiss notification when extension is disabled - Fixed german translation thanks to Norbert - Fixed russian translation thanks to Timur 3.0: - Added brand new Options page: - "Automatically close notifications" option - "Disable extensions when autoupdated" option - "Show changelog (experimental)" option - Added ability to uninstall extensions when they're disabled - Updated icons - Added HiDPI notification buttons 2.3.1: - Improved changelog detection - Added dutch translation thanks to Carlos - Fixed a bug where tabs won't open if no windows were focused - Added HiDPI notifications 2.3: - Notifications are synced which means that if you close one on Device A, it won't be shown on Device B. - Added Chrome WebStore URL to changelog page 2.2: - Bug fix. 2.1: - Improved changelog detection by looking for version number also 2.0: - Take advantage of brand new Rich Notifications. - Use event pages to consume less memory. - Removed malware detection since Chrome does it natively now. - New extension icon thanks to Michael Cook. 1.5.2: - Added german translation thanks to Pascal. 1.5.1: - Added russian translation thanks to Vadim and Timur. 1.5: - Added new feature "Malware detection" which shows a warning for each extension that user did not install. 1.4.1: - Fixed a bug in "Open Changelog" feature. Thanks Abraham Williams! 1.4: - Added "Open Changelog" experimental feature which attempts to retrieve changelog from Chrome Web Store and displays it in a new tab. 126.96.36.199: - Hide "Visit Website" link if extension is loaded locally. For full details, go to https://github.com/beaufortfrancois/extensions-update-notifier-chrome-extension
- (2020-02-28) Robin Hood: not working for me any more, but this one can do the trick (SimpleExtManager)
- (2019-08-12) Ahmed Hassanein: pretty awesome, thanks!
- (2019-03-15) Reset 77: Doesn't work and was never updated
- (2019-01-12) Jim Underscore: I downloaded this years before the most recent update (June-2016). As of Jan-2019 it has never worked. So I highly recommend: "Extensions Manager (aka Switcher) Offered by: cmrd.Kaash". It can do what this extension claims, has always worked for me even [as a long time beta+dev 64-bit Chrome user testing lots of experimental flag settings]. Includes convenient quick management tools and it has 95,000 users. [As for me - I'm now deleting this abandoned extension forever].
- (2018-09-08) Miguel Angel: Genial!!! Nunca mas preocuparme por actualizarlas, hace años que la uos, Muy Buena!!!
- (2018-07-20) Roy Pardosi: ok
- (2018-05-22) Or Schiro: Works great and a fantastic way to be notified of new extension updates that potentially include fixes or new features one requested. :-)
- (2018-05-22) Isaac Oh: Never gave me a notification, but I think it is a very cool extension
- (2018-04-23) Tat Ming Cheung: It not work on Vivaldi,but Chrome OK
- (2018-02-08) Mustafa arıc: güzel
- (2017-12-29) Gersivan Oliveira: Funciona.
- (2017-10-26) Stanislav: Works fine, helps a lot
- (2017-01-07) Alan Miller: Has been very handy in letting me know when extensions are updated, and I'll note that it has been working fine for me (current Chrome on 1/7/17). Its notifications even reminded me of a Chrome App I'd installed but was no longer using and could remove.
- (2016-12-23) Nicholas Kwan: It's a pretty heavy extension. Constantly about 50-60MB. Is there a way to just keep a log of everything and not have to keep the extension active at all times?
- (2016-11-10) Tony S.: Doesn't work. I haven't seen any notifications so far and I've had this extension for months.
- (2016-10-30) Andario Andrada: I installed this more than a month ago and I still haven´t seen a single notification, even though several extensions have been updated indeed. Using latest 2 stable versions of chrome.
- (2016-10-06) Emmette Coleman: A must have, if you care about extension security! Here's an excerpt from an article by Ron Amadeo: arstechnica.com/security/2014/01/malware-vendors-buy-chrome-extensions-to-send-adware-filled-updates/ “[Y]ou are basically giving [the owner of an extension] permission to push new code out to your browser whenever they feel like it. To make matters worse, ownership of a Chrome extension can be transferred to another party, and users are never informed when an ownership change happens. Malware and adware vendors have caught wind of this and have started showing up at the doors of extension authors, looking to buy their extension. Once [...] the ownership of the extension is transferred, the new owners can issue an ad-filled update over Chrome's update service, which sends the adware out to every user of that extension.” Basically, not knowing when an extension is updated is a security risk. And even aside from security, it's good to know when an extension is updated. Now, if the only extension you have is an ad-blocker, there's not much point in using this extension. But if you have even a few extensions, I'd strongly recommend installing this. And if you have more then a few extensions, it's a must have!
- (2016-09-27) Pulipuli Chen: 實用
- (2016-07-12) Stéphane LAVAGNE: Très bonne extension - c'est une option qui devrait-être intégrée par défaut dans Chrome OS !!! Un grand MERCI au développeur.
- (2016-07-03) Amir Emami: A must for a power user. Now everything is under control and I know when extensions update.
- (2016-06-08) Cyril CHARLIER: Super pour une application qui affiche le changelog, pas de changelog depuis la 3.1 ....
- (2016-03-04) Inazarab Xela: It works,. but the notiication only pops up for a second and then disappears. so I don't have time to read what it says
- (2016-02-28) Toni Scheel: keine Benachrichtigungen mehr
- (2016-02-12) 唐门: it's very useful,thx.
- (2015-12-01) Will Smith: Well it works if you happen to be sitting there and see it. Otherwise not anymore.. Why? Google's fault of course! Chrome 47+ (now stable) has removed the desktop notification center. Sites can set NotificationOptions.requireInteraction to indicate that the notification should remain onscreen until the user dismisses it. So looks like that will need to be done to make this useful again.
- (2019-07-17, v:3.5) Game Troll TV: phần mềm không thể tải, mỗi khi tải thì xảy ra lỗi ?
lỗi khi tải phần mềm
- (2018-12-21, v:3.5) Shannon Ugarte: Updater Not Working
I uninstalled and installed extension to see if that would help. Have you had any updates since June 13, 2016? Is there a newer version of this extension?
- (2018-08-16, v:3.5) Lea Agopian: updater is not working
I've installed about 2 weeks ago, no updates yet. Chrome has not updated. Text Blaze either.
- (2018-06-24, v:3.5) Trevor Head: app
I got a notification that I can no longer get updates. Will this app work?
- (2018-02-23, v:3.5) Luc Nanquette: Stopped working
I used this the "Extension Update Notifier" for a long time and it used to work and show me notifications for updates, but the last such notification I saw was already many months ago. So I suppose your Extension stopped working at some time...
- (2018-02-10, v:3.5) notifications don't work anymore?
the function to disable the extension is working but the notification not :( thanks
- (2018-01-10, v:3.5) Preston: autoupdates
Do you know of a way to stop a specific extension from autoupdating? I've tried a few things, but can't figure out one that works. I want to keep using an older version of an extension
- (2017-11-03, v:3.5) Aaz Chang: Autoupdates log and "Offered by"
I suggest you to save history of updates in some kind of the autoupdate log. Namely, when and what extensions were updated. Why? Because new owners of an extension can be smart enough to inject malicious code only after several months since the purchase passed. Even with notifications the user will just forget that such update was performed in the first place. The second suggestion: It would be nice if your extension remembered a name in "offered by" part (I mean "offered by" from an extension's page in the store) for every extension and notified users when this part changed. Of course, keeping such detail in a log would NOT hurt too.
- (2017-10-20, v:3.5) wishlist
Please can you add a wishlist options for the option that disable extentions after update? it would be very usefull
- (2017-10-14, v:3.5) Extension's icon is grayed-out
"Extensions Update Notifier" works as expected however the icon for the extension (located next to Chrome's URL bar) is grayed out. This makes me think the extension is disabled and/or not working. Please look into fixing this.
- (2016-12-17, v:3.5) ᄎ: sugestion
would be good to not have to close the notifications, show it for like 5 seconds