This extension can change(fake) the geo location as you want
This extension overrides the getCurrentPosition() method of Geolocation API in HTML5 Hence current position follows the setting you save in popup menu. some sites seem not to work correctly as user mentioned in review. I think its due to the timing the override the current position. If you have a trouble, please notify the web page where this doesn't work. FYI, try this site http://html5demos.com/geo
- (2019-06-21) Jeff Asmussen: EDIT: No longer works due to Chrome code changes. Does what I wanted it to. My ISP is a thousand kilometers away so all the ads I see and many of the search results I get are absurdly irrelevant. This corrected that problem.
- (2019-04-24) Pit: My configuration did not restore after uninstall and then install back chrome.
- (2018-10-15) Luke Parkes-Haskell: UI just flickers. Completely unusable.
- (2018-09-04) Andy Shields: not working - could not even enter in a locations - just flickered
- (2018-08-07) Léda C: It did not work for me
- (2018-06-17) nuclearping: Does not work. Just flickers.
- (2018-06-15) Michelle Heegaard: Not working
- (2018-05-20) Thiraboon Somboontakerng: Quite okay!
- (2018-01-09) Philipp Cherkasov: it doesn't work
- (2018-01-04) Dimitar Dimitrov: Extension works perfectly - exactly what I needed! Easy, quick and intuitive setup! A great THANK YOU to the dev!
- (2017-12-25) EcovillageHub Administrator: Didn't work, Location still showing
- (2017-10-10) Leonardo Grinstein: This extension works amazingly well. It's the best one I found to perform local searches. In fact, this is by far the best solution I found for local search simulation.
- (2017-09-09) ariful ahsan supal: Works for me
- (2017-08-22) Paranormal Evidence: fonctionne bien
- (2017-02-02) Zac van Castle: No funciona
- (2016-11-04) Luis Martinez: If the website you're using checks your location using your internet service provided address--well, duh, this extension won't work. If, however, your webesite checks your location by tapping into your computer's geolocation sensors (like CBS), then this extension is sweet as honey. Simple stuff folks. Why do all these negative reviewers have to complicate things? Geez
- (2016-09-16) Christo Oosthuizen: Doesnt work
- (2016-09-14) Very simple to use if used correctly. Click the corresponding radio button, enter Lat and Long, select On, and click Save.
- (2016-05-29) ArKay: Not working. Only thing that does really work is emulating the geolocation sensor in the Developer Tools Console.
- (2016-05-16) Andrew Westaway: It works and is pretty simple to setup. Others may rate bad on this because the site that they wish to change the location detection for may not support what they are trying to do (eg. setting your correct location for a social media app to detect it but instead it finds the closest city to you). It does look like this may not work for some sites that report back you ISP-detected(?) location and not your faked location. Some sites use a different method to detect your position and this may not work in that instance. Otherwise, thanks to the dev! Give this extension some love folks :D
- (2016-05-06) Artie Gonzalez: This extension is great and has unfair reviews due to people obviously not knowing how to use it properly and/or expecting it to do something it's not meant to do. Works perfectly if you know what you're doing, how you're doing it and why.
- (2016-04-16) Mike Graf: didnt work
- (2016-03-24) Alexander Ryzhkov: +1 for worked perfectly
- (2016-03-24) Rahul K: Didn't work a whit, sadly.
- (2016-03-19) Josh Moore: It works ... but as the plugin says it only works for HTML geo-coordinates. I used http://mylocation.org/ to test the results. My IP is still my actual location, but my HTML 5 geo-coordinates are the address I set in this app. Unfortunately Google seems to use my IP address location and not my HTML5 coordinates, so my search results don't change.
- (2019-04-24, v:1.0) Pit: Cannot restore personal geo coordinate (my configuration after clean install of chrome)
Please add etc sync feature.
- (2019-03-05, v:1.0) Dan Jacobson: Add a GitHub / bug tracker site
Add a GitHub / bug tracker site, mentioned from within the app.
- (2018-05-28, v:1.0) Venkatesh Gunda: Extension is not working
HI There, for some reason the extension is not working since 3 weeks, are you guys currently working on fixing the bug? please advise. Cheers!
- (2018-05-24, v:1.0) David: Doesn't Work With Newer Chrome Updates
The Change Geolocation add-on no longer works with the more recent Google Chrome updates. When you click on the pin now it opens a white box that just flickers. Even worse is that I had downloaded an older version of Chrome and it worked but somehow Chrome updated to the latest release without my permission.
- (2018-05-12, v:1.0) Frankie Lewis: Not working
Flickers without showing anything
- (2018-04-25, v:1.0) Extension not working 2
I have just found that after updating the latest Chrome browser Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (32-bit) It may be incompatible with the new browser version, I had a second computer that haven't been updated and the extension works fine. BUt after updating the issue started (flickering) any suggestion?
- (2018-04-25, v:1.0) Extension not working
Once you click on extension icon. The smaller window opens but flickers without showing any option to enter in any information. Is it soe update needed, or something to get it working correctly Please help
- (2018-03-01, v:1.0) Norm Gilbert: GeoLocation and IP location
You need to make clear that if the user wants to totally fake being somewhere they are not, they need to use a VPN and choose a proxy server close to the location they are spoofing. The they use this extension to make their geo-location match their IP location. Yes, some sites still know you are using a tool to send a fake geo-location. I don't know how. But I also need to try to make sure this extension is turned on in privaste browsing mode.
- (2017-08-04, v:1.0) не работает
Установил. Включил, задал. Ни чего не меняется.
- (2017-03-25, v:1.0) Cameron Fife: Fails on Yik Yak
Thank you to whomever wrote this application. I am trying to fake my location on the WebApp Yik Yak but it is not working at the moment? Do you think it is due to some sort of issue with the timing of the app?