Easily browse the internet using TOR proxy with just one click!
Onion Browser Button is an extension that let you easily connect to TOR network in your browser (browse under TOR proxy). Important note: this addon does NOT belong or relate to Tor® project and has NO affiliations with Tor® anonymity software or website at all. It is basically an unofficial extension that is developed and maintained independently by its author. Before using the addon please make sure your computer (PC or MAC) is connected to TOR. If you do NOT know how to connect your PC or MAC to the TOR network please read the following. A separate patch is prepared, to help users easily connect to the TOR network. In order to get the patch please visit this (https://github.com/jeremy-jr-benthum/tor-button/releases) GitHub repo and download (mac.zip) or (win.zip) files. After downloading the patch to your computer, please follow the below steps to connect your machine to TOR network. 1. If you have Windows machine, please download and unzip "win.zip" file to your computer, and if you have Mac download and unzip "mac.zip". 2. For windows machine, please open downloaded "win" folder and run "run.bat" file within the folder. For Mac please open "win" folder and run "run.sh" file. 3. You will see the screen with 6 options. In order to start TOR connection on your computer, please press 1 on your keyboard, once "Tor is connected successfully!" message is displayed, you can use Tor Browser Button add-on to connect your browser to the TOR network. To stop TOR connection please press 2. In order to get a new TOR identity, please press 5 and to restart TOR connection, please press 6 on your keyboard. Note: in order to report bugs, please visit addon's homepage (https://mybrowseraddon.com/tor-button.html) and fill the bug report form.
- (2019-09-07) Kage: Works on Ubuntu.
- (2019-08-28) CHANDAN RAM: nice application
- (2019-07-21) Dmitry Vasiliev: Отлично работает. Тор всегда запущен в фоне, приложение само все нашло, само подключилось, пусть депутаты своим чебурнетом пользуются, а я свободный человек.
- (2019-07-17) Ehsan Izadi: Works like a charm on my Linux
- (2019-05-31) A Liber Excogitatoris: Given the obstacle known as Cloudflare (that will appear often with the use of this,) one really is better off using the current version of Tor (which has a better chance of getting by it;) With that said... If one should opt to use this, then use it in combination with AdvOR, instead of the limited and sometimes troublesome, recommended patch. Just download AdvOR; run it, and then launch Brave (with this addon already applied). The features and benefit to using AdvOR far outweigh the patch. Just try it and see for yourself. Note: I've no connection to the aforementioned, and am only sharing the knowledge in the hopes that users might choose to apply the "become a server" feature and provide more nodes than currently exist.
- (2019-03-22) 伊格爾 - IGOR: Pretty Good! I can into and watching about any website in onion!
- (2019-03-17) Serge Rivere: плюсы: работает, расписано как запустить по шагам. минусы - надо читать как запустить, и каждый раз самому подсоединяться к сети tor, на английском языке только.
- (2019-02-16) Emanuele Corsi: perfetto.
- (2019-02-14) Павел Павлов: Это очень крутое расширение!!! Так держать!!! 5+!!!
- (2019-01-06) Александр: вы лучшая!!!!! рабочий и очень хорошо работает!!!!!!!!