Displays your GitHub notifications unread count
It checks the GitHub Notifications API every minute. Supports GitHub Enterprise and an option to only show unread count for issues you're participating in. Make sure to add a token in the Options page. ## Permissions Both requested permissions are optional, so you can just decline if you don't want it. ### Tabs permission The first time you click on the extension icon, it will ask you for access to browser tabs. We need this to know if there is already an opened GitHub notifications page and switch to it if so. ### Notifications permission If you want to receive desktop notifications, you can enable them on extension options page. You will then be asked for the notifications permission.
- (2021-08-24) Najla N. A: I don't know is this worked or not, but thank you for making this! There's an extension that been removed from chrome web store and I must install it from github, and since I need to update it manually I afraid that I will miss the latest update and got problem with it. Fortunately I found this extension (I will edit the review when i know this working or not)
- (2021-04-06) Eddie Romero: Used to work well prior to the new github token format. Now when you paste the new format, extension does not recognize it. Will be worth it to upgrade it.
- (2020-11-26) Igor Ribeiro Sucupira: Would be very useful if it worked all the time. Sometimes it just stops sending the notifications. When I realize it (sometimes after a few days), I click the extension and it starts working again.
- (2019-05-14) Sergiu Mircea: Very simple, but useful
- (2019-03-21) 张成林: 请添加中文界面支持
- (2019-02-07) Excellent Extension!
- (2018-08-28) David Artiss: Have been a happy user until it started prompted for permission to read my browser history. I'm not sure why this should be a requirement and denying it causes the same permission prompt to keep appearing. I have removed it rather than give away my browser history.
- (2018-07-27) CRIMX: love it
- (2018-07-26) Federico Fernandez Beltran: A must have for my daily work. Excellent extension. Thanks
- (2018-07-25) Adam Miller: I've been a big fan of this extension for a long time and I figured I'd finally review it. I was a little bummed by the update on 2018-07-25 (version 220.127.116.117) because it changed the icon and removed the functionality that if you click on the extension icon it will take you to the GitHub Notifications page but all in all it's still extremely helpful and I'm a big fan.
- (2018-03-03) Naveen Naidu: A very good app :)
- (2017-07-20) Stevie Howard: Constantly says "OFF" until I visit GitHub, which defeats the point of having it.
- (2017-07-20) Ben Bristow: Couldn't do a day of work without it. Love it!
- (2017-02-28) Kevin Hylant: THANK YOU. Changed my life
- (2016-09-19) Naman Nigam: Kind of attached to it more than GitHub homepage itself.
- (2016-05-20) Puranjay Jain: Started using it a month ago it seems I can't work without it anymore
- (2016-05-13) Mandeep Bal: loving this plugin, simple and to the point :)
- (2015-11-11) Thefourtheye dIVi: Does what it says on the label. Nothing more, nothing less. Though I would love to have multiple github account integration (For example, one for public GitHub and the other for Enterprise GitHub)
- (2015-05-25) Attila Oláh: I got used to this extension, it is really great and the developer community is friendly too.
- (2014-03-14) Does exactly what it says and doesn't try to get access to all my web history, browsing, etc for something simple. Works great!
- (2013-08-19) Christoph D: I always loved this handy little tool in Opera. Just found out about Chrome's version and installed it in Opera 17. Thanks :)
- (2013-04-07) Yoshua Wuyts: It doesn't display any of my notifications :<
- (2012-10-10) Ondra Kudlík: Finaly some nice and simple notifier that works. Thanks!
- (2020-12-22, v:20.9.10) Tyler Brown: Wondering whether the plugin works with Brave?
Had good success with Chrome, but since switching to Brave haven't had much luck. Has the plugin been tested with Brave?
- (2020-09-03, v:20.8.7) Tyler Brown: Haven't received a single notification
What is the best way to diagnose the issue?
- (2018-07-25, v:18.104.22.1687) Version 22.214.171.1247 not working
Seems like the click action doesn't open the github notifications tab anymore. The counter is correct but the click is not working. I see there was an update today, could be related? I also had to renew my token in the configuration, seems an update requires it.
- (2017-05-08, v:3.0.3) Francesco Durighetto: not working on 59
seems to be broken on chrome 59
- (2016-08-31, v:2.5.1) Erratic Fox: Needs update?
Doesn't seem to be working with 52.0.2743.116m. I don't have any options to configure like token and such.
- (2016-07-28, v:2.5.1) Pelle ten Cate: What happens with my token?
I've got private repos, and if I give a token to this extension that allows for reading that private repo, what guarantee do I have that the developer or any other party doesn't get a hold of my private code?
- (2016-03-11, v:2.3.1) Marvin Bernal: Why do you need browsing history permission?
Why do you need history permissions? Loved this extension but I don't think you need that information.
- (2016-03-10, v:2.3.1) Alex Kolpa: Browsing history permission
Just curious, Chrome warned me that after an update this plugin needs the 'read your browser history' permission. However, the recent changes suggests only the 'tabs' permission has been added. I was wondering why that was.
- (2015-06-03, v:2.0.0) Filipe W. Lima: Notifications stopped working
Since the past few days I have noticed that the extension is no longer showing my Github notification's count, even though I have unread notifications when I visit the web page. Is anybody else having the same problem?
- (2015-03-21, v:1.3.3) Paul Kuruvilla: Mention how often you poll for updates
It'd be great if you could mention how often you poll for updates in the overview/documentation! Great work, by the way - I've added a tip to you on Gratipay :)
- (2013-08-17, v:1.0.6) Friedrich Große: New permissions in update
Hey why does this need new permissions to "access my tabs and browsing activity"? An answer or a link to where you post your update information would be very helpful. Until then the plugin is deactivated for me. Would be a shame since I really like this plugin and would love to see it back online :) Best regards Friedrich
- (2012-08-06, v:1.0.4) Alberto Vena: Does not work after GitHub notifications update
Does not work after GitHub notifications update