Test with Litmus wherever you build
Whether you’re using a local editor or prefer your email service provider’s email editor to create your emails, with the Litmus Extension you can preview, troubleshoot, and optimize your email right where you build. The Litmus Extension works with: - Mailchimp - Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Marketo - Eloqua - Responsys - Campaign Monitor - Acoustic (formerly IBM Watson Campaign Automation) - All code editors, task runners, and local hosts, such as Dreamweaver and Sublime Text You can download the Litmus Extension for free, but it requires a paid Litmus account for full access to Checklist and Email Previews. Learn more and sign up: litmus.com/extension
- (2018-04-11) Jimmy Mona: The tests show up fine when using the extension, but when I test the same emails on the litmus website they look different and there are bugs I need to work out, so it defeats the purpose of the extension. It seems to have somethings to do with eloqua field merges not rendering properly. So may only affect people using Eloqua
- (2017-11-13) Charlton S: A bit buggy. Having issues with the app not letting me scroll up after I scroll all the way down. I have to either refresh my entire browser session or kill the app and restart for it to work again. The scrolling feature also gets stuck at the top after I run a litmus test. I'll stick to the normal web app for now.
- (2017-11-01) Dan Kiser: This is basically what I've been wishing for without knowing it! I love that I can now Litmus test my emails during the build process without having to either host the images somewhere first, or use placeholder images that I then I have to go back and replace for production. However, I am running into an issue where the mobile tests (ie. GMail and the iOS Mail versions) aren't rendering correctly so I still have to test through Builder or Checklist. For whatever reason, display: block, table-header-group, and table-footer-group don't seem to be applied in the mobile tests but other properties in the media query are present. At first I thought this might be a bug with DevTools being open but this happens when they aren't, too.
- (2017-08-24) Kevin Cassidy: Nice app! But there are a huge amount of Console Errors. They need to be fixed before I could condone it being used by my team.
- (2017-08-23) Veronica Williams: Just simply, amazing. I Love Litmus!
- (2017-01-13) Daniel Brown: Ever wished you could code an email in your favorite text editor, preview it in your browser of choice and then with the click of a button check your email’s rendering in up to 70 email clients? Well, good news! Litmus' new browser extension will allow you to do exactly that and it’s as magical and useful as it sounds. Litmus has long been an essential tool in my development toolbox and now I can’t imagine living without their browser extension.
- (2017-01-09) Jonathan Chua: I'm an email developer at the Dollar Shave Club, and I use the Litmus Chrome Extension every day! I love the flexibility it offers for working with local files, whether it’s a hand-built HTML file or one rendered on a localhost by my build pipeline. It gives me the shortest possible feedback loop so that I can build, troubleshoot, and hack to my heart’s content. It definitely helps me shave down my dev time. Pun intended.
- (2017-01-09) miah roberts: As an Email Developer, I’ve always worked locally when it comes to my HTML. The litmus extension makes it extremely fluid when working on and making changes to an email. It's amazing how it's filled in the biggest gap with local development and litmus testing. It has also created this perfect flow of sending an email to testing after finishing a build.
- (2017-01-05) Stig Morten Myre: When you’re trying to solve an email rendering issue, a clunky workflow is your worst enemy. The Chrome extension for Litmus has practically eliminated all friction for me, allowing me to stay in the zone, focused on the problem at hand. It essentially works as a seamless interface between my local HTML file and the email client I’m trying to defeat. In practice, this means I try more variations and end up with better solutions. And once I’m done testing and tweaking, the finished draft is already waiting for me in Campaign Monitor.
- (2016-11-30) Camille Palu: Beautiful tool that fits seamlessly into my workflow.
- (2016-08-25) Eric Lepetit: Another industry changing initiative from Litmus! It's working great and even support complex interactive emails. Well done guys!
- (2016-04-06) Pete Jensen: great stuff
- (2016-04-06) Brendan Caffrey: This is perfect. I already use and love Litmus but sometimes I forget to test. Now I have it right where I need it when I'm building my email. Awesome!
- (2016-04-05) Michael Farrell: Product works great. I love being able to complete all of my tests right inside of MailChimp.
- (2016-04-05) Asher Hecht: Awesome extension. Another superb product from Litmus!
- (2016-04-05) This is the ideal workflow when I'm preparing to send my email. I get all of the power of Litmus without having to leave my ESP at all. Litmus works right alongside you, like your sidekick in action, and makes sure there aren't any errors with your previews, links, images, tracking, subject line, etc. It definitely helps alleviate any fears you have about pressing the send button. Very fast and intuitive - well done Litmus!
- (2016-04-05) Bettina Specht: Ein hilfreiches Tool, das es möglich macht, E-Mails ganz einfach mit Litmus zu testen, ohne dabei Mailchimp zu verlassen. Ich bin begeistert!
- (2016-04-05) Chan Myae San Hlaing: Awesome extension. As a Litmus user, I can test my campaigns right inside MailChimp and get fast feedback on what should be improved. Also I can see email preview screenshots for various mail clients too.
- (2016-04-04) Drew: This is fantastic! Litmus provided me with screenshots, recommendations, and an overview of my campaign without leaving MailChimp!
- (2016-04-04) Josh Thompson: Works great, well designed. Wouldn't expect anything else from the Litmus team!
- (2016-04-04) Jordan MacDonald: Works wonderfully. I can do a full QA check of my campaign without having to leave MailChimp.
- (2016-04-04) Paul Farnell: Very elegant. Brings your Litmus account right inside MailChimp. Tests campaigns I'm working on, and it's super fast. Recommended.
- (2020-02-20, v:1.1.47) Joel Gendler: Litmus specializes in emails; why can't they send ONE EMAIL to their custoemrs?
This free trial has no communication to the purchaser after the trial is "purchased." If you don't read the fine print, you don't know your trial will automatically start billing you starting after 7 days. Further, LITMUS NEVER SENT ME AN EMAIL to confirm that my free trial ended. They have never sent me an email, period. One click on their extension by a coworker using my laptop, and I find out 10 months later that I have paid them a total of $1000. Not acceptable. In addition, they can easily verify that I never used their service. Yet they have a policy of no refunds under any circumstances.
- (2019-08-06, v:1.1.41) Aldo Gutierrez: Litmus test fails
I'm running into an issue in which the test never completes and just hangs in the "Running your Litmus test..." screen before finally failing. After some trial and error, I found that the test only runs successfully when the "This Can Read and Change Data" is set to "On All Sites". It's not the worst issues, but since the option exists, I would prefer to be able to use it. Thanks!