Hide the posts you don't want to see - before you even see them.
Blacklist for Facebook allows you to pre-emptively hide posts with certain words in them. It's that easy. It works on your news feed, in groups, and on people's timelines- and now, it can also hide Trending stories. Settings are conveniently under your right sidebar. Bugs? Questions? Issues? Email me at [email protected] or talk to me on twitter @cubeghost.
- (2018-03-09) Ashley Guthrie: It used to work really well. Now I'm constantly catching posts that have one or more of my blacklisted words. I do still see some posts being blocked though. It's suddenly super hit or miss.
- (2018-01-18) Luna Diaz: id love to give this a five stars but the save button is just off screen so its completely ineffective :(
- (2017-08-16) Jade Prior: Not working. Worked at first now it blocks random posts that don't contain my words and shows me everything that does.
- (2017-07-02) Rebecca Rogak: It seemed to work at first but it's definitely not catching my filtered words anymore. I emailed the creator and he said he'd look into it but idk.
- (2017-03-04) Bleh Blah: Doesn't work with any keyword.
- (2016-07-26) CJ Burgandy: Every keyword I've entered in has no effect. Still seeing DNC, RNC and political bs. It's blocked stories that contain none of the keywords.
- (2016-06-05) Elise Hofer: Seems to work as intended. There was one word I tried to block that I noticed it blocked posts that didn't seem to be related. It was a short word so I think maybe it blocked words that had that in it, too. It only blocks keywords so it won't keep pictures away if they're not labeled, but will greatly reduce whatever it is you don't want to see. Very helpful for reducing the amount of whatever's "trending" I would definitely recommend it.
- (2016-03-12) Mixxie Powers: Didn't work at all. I only input a couple of words;Bernie,Sanders,Hilary,Clinton; and I still keep seeing all the posts.
- (2016-01-17) Shawn Mckie: Isn't working at all for me, even after a restart. First I couldn't find it, then once I did (in the right sidebar under ads) every time I tried to add things to the list (or even take nsfw off) it just refreshed and wouldn't let me. Waste of time. I'm a little sad I got excited about it.
- (2016-01-17) Evalyn Farnot: I can't find the blacklist options like it said, I've refreshed multiple times and I am still not seeing it *Update, figured it out, and it seems to work fine.*
- (2016-01-15) Cassidy Hamilton: it just blocked every single post even though the only thing i tried to blacklist was harry potter
- (2015-12-19) Nicholas Schaible: It blocked every post...
- (2015-06-17) Cora Johnson-Roberson: Works as desired. Friends' comments on blacklisted posts did appear in my timeline, but were reduced in size so that the actual content wasn't visible.
- (2015-04-22) Denise Riffle: It does what it says it does. However, it doesn't block comments on blocked posts, even if the comments also have the blacklisted words, so that was disappointing.
- (2016-08-16, v:1.0.4) Irina Ormes: Partnership request
Hi! I represent browser extension monetization platform Ormes.ru. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension Blacklist for Facebook can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. We can help you to earn money for your browser extensions with the help of different advertising types: teaser ad, banner, clickunder, popunder, messenger, contextual advertising, video advertising, inserting your advertisement instead of existing advertisement, whitespace advertisement. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request. Our geos include the whole world. I can provide rates upon request. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me. Our team of skilled professionals looks forward to mutually beneficial cooperation with you. Best regards, Irina Account manager Ormes.ru Skype: partners.ormes Mail: [email protected], [email protected] Linkedin: https://ru.linkedin.com/in/irina-partnersormes-298600125 Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012907692114 Vkontakte:https://new.vk.com/id375609154 Twitter: https://twitter.com/IrinaOrmes
- (2016-07-27, v:1.0.4) ?
it isn't working at all for me. It accepts my list, but it doesn't actually block anything from appearing
- (2016-06-09, v:1.0.4) Not working
Although it does get rid of the trending stories, which I enjoy, the words I blacklisted are still showing up in my timeline. How do I fix this?
- (2015-12-02, v:1.0.4) Kyle Sanchez: Wtf is this?
the console doesnt appear at all!
- (2015-08-25, v:1.0.3) Diego Alexander: what a pitty
the worst antivirus ever (Avast) blocks it :(
- (2015-05-23, v:1.0.1) confused
How do I downloaded this? Do I have to be using a computer or is it able to be downloaded on an Android device?
- (2015-04-28, v:0.0.7) Bri Evans: AdBlock
The AdBlock extension I already had installed keeps the blacklist from showing up on the sidebar, and now to see it I have to "pause" the extension. Maybe there's a way for you to work around that?
- (2015-03-26, v:0.0.5) D. Lawson-Hart: Always showing?
Hey, I love the idea for this app, but is there a way to hide the app within Facebook? Because blacklisting a word doesn't help much if I always have to stare at the word I blacklisted. Being able to click on the app title and "collapse/expand" it would do the trick.