Write in the browser with your text editor.
Whenever you’re writing more than a little snippet of code anywhere on the web, activate GhostText to open your preferred text editor and enjoy your own development environment. GhostText is a browser extension that connects to your editor via its own extension. Install both extensions and, if necessary, start the GhostText server in the editor’s extension. Supported editors: • Sublime Text • VS Code • Atom • Emacs • Vim • Neovim • ACME Editor You can find more information on the "Website" link or contribute on GitHub (You'll find the link on the same website)
- (2021-02-26) Antti-Jussi Lakanen: Works perfectly with Sublime Text!
- (2021-02-26) Christine Edelbusch: I love this extension and use it quite a lot. We have lots of web applications where Markdown syntax is recognized and in combination with SublimeText it's a breeze to write documentation 😉 Also when documenting code snippets in issue tickets etc. it's really nice to have a powerful text editor integrated into the workflow.
- (2021-02-02) Prasanna Venkatesan: Amazing! Exactly what I needed!
- (2021-01-16) WeiHua Liu: Good for heavily typer sincerely.
- (2020-12-17) Christopher Small: It's a nice idea, but it's a bit of a hassle to have to open up a dedicated editor process. I remember an older plugin for Firefox (IIRC) that opened up your system editor for you, which was much more convenient, even if it didn't support bidirectional editing. I use vim, and I found it easy for the vim process to seize/lock up. I've found wasavi much more convenient, and it works much better than I expected. It's nice to have something that opens it regular vim, but not at the cost of inconvience and buggy processes.
- (2020-11-16) Oliver Chen: great idea; amazingly cool concept! love it!
- (2020-09-24) santicat 111: no se como usar esto alguien ayedeme con un tutorial o algo porfavor 😭😭😭
- (2019-12-17) Esaul Farfan: Awesome! Pretty easy to install and use, it will make my life easier. <3
- (2019-12-13) Cyrus Yip: Really good but would like the option to edit three areas at once through different tabs.
- (2019-11-25) Zhan Arno: Cool)) I like it. Very useful plugin.
- (2019-06-10) Dyno Fu: i tried several extensions withexeditor, chrome-bee, etc, this is the only one works flawlessly.
- (2019-06-09) Sandeep Kumar: Helpful
- (2019-03-03) Nexus Designs: Epic Addon for Developers love the integration wit sublimetext ❤
- (2019-01-24) Tim van der Horst: Wonderful editor-based magic 😉
- (2018-11-29) Javi Nievas: Imprescindible!
- (2018-10-09) Song Pandy: Incredible. It also support vim now.
- (2018-08-09) Kurt Griffiths: Using this with online text editors (such as for Anvil) is pure magic.
- (2018-08-06) Ryan: Absolutely amazing! It makes writing html in Wordpress posts and Joomla articles a breeze.
- (2018-07-25) Lewis Murray: Amazing, i use this when using hastebin for sharing my code! with emmet it's amazing
- (2018-07-22) Fico Prieto: Super useful. This + the keybinding + VSCode w/ Markdown Preview enabled makes posting on GitHub/Reddit/etc. way more streamlined & efficient.
- (2018-06-12) Dimitrios Paraschas: Awesome, thank you!
- (2018-04-12) Việt: nice idea!
- (2018-04-08) Jonni Lundy: Seamless. Helpful. Incredible.
- (2018-04-06) Burak Sormageç: Its amazing.. I cant tell anything else :)
- (2017-11-28) 川李: 超赞的扩展
- (2017-11-26) Rizky Syazuli: very useful. making adding custom css via wordpress's css editors less painful. still buggy when used with VSCode. i suggest switch to Atom when using this.
- (2017-09-19) Attila 22: This is so amazing! Really nice to be able to format things properly
- (2017-08-30) Jorge O. Uribe: Recomendado!
- (2017-06-28) Fred Callaway: I can't believe how well this plugin works!
- (2017-04-25) Gianluca Rigoletti: It works perfectly!
- (2017-04-16) reda ABDI: Great Idea, Great implementation. I will use it forever! Thank you so much ❤❤❤
- (2017-04-07) Wagner Bonfim: Funciona muito bem! É excelente para quem esteja usando uma plataforma de estudo online e queira utilizar o Sublime para agilizar o aprendizado.
- (2017-02-14) Владимир Л.: Класс, если бы еще сам синтаксис определял
- (2017-01-27) Frank Utne: Doesn't work without Sublime Text editor. Who ever heard of it? Why can't I use my preferred editor?
- (2016-11-04) Miles: can't write more than one word in chinese with input method. Can you fix it?
- (2017-02-02, v:1.2.4) Alexei Kopylov: No synchronization between browser and Sublime
I've installed GhostText with Sublime, but when I click on the Ghost bottom, I do see the Sublime editor open, but there is no synchronization: I don't see the text in the Sublime editor, and when I type in the editor, I don't see it in browser.