Tools for AEM developers.
aem-developer-chrome ==================== Chrome extension for AEM developers. A collection of tools and links to help the daily AEM developer work a little faster. It's a work in progress. Please feel free to provide feedback on my little side project. ![Browser screenshot](images/screenshot_geometrixx.png) Adobe Experience Manager aem versions 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2 +. General Info ------------ + You can open links in the current Chrome tab simply by clicking on the links. + You can open the same links in a new Chrome tab by clicking on the 'external link' icon that appears to the right of the link. + A green response means that the operation was successful. + A red response means that the operation failed. + A yellow response means that the operation was successful but no action was needed (i.e. there were no compiled clients to delete) Info ---- Provide information on the user, Sling, Java, and the OS. This is dependent on two logins, AEM and Felix, and the information will only show if you are logged in. ![Info screenshot](images/screenshot_info.png) Environments --------------- Open the current page in any of your predefined environments. Click 'edit' to add, remove, or update saved environments. Updates are immediately saved. '+' to add and '-' to remove entries. Click 'Done' to exit editing mode. Click the icon next to the text to open the environment in a new browser tab. ![Environments in screenshot](images/screenshot_environments.png) ![Environments edit mode screenshot](images/screenshot_environments_edit.png) Compare --------------- Compare the current page to the same page in any environment. Toggle between showing only the difference or the entire node structure. ![Compare screenshot](images/screenshot_compare.png) Impersonate ----------- Impersonate users without having to go to the User Admin page. In addition, impersonating a user from this extension will simply reload the current page as that user. Click 'Revert to self' to end impersonation. If your current account doesn't have permission to impersonate, the dropdown will be empty. ![Impersonate screenshot](images/screenshot_impersonate.png) Clear Cache and Memory -------------------- Delete compiled clientlibs under the /var/clientlibs directory. Delete compiled JSP files under the /var/classes directory. Run the Garbage Collector without going to the Felix console. ![Clear cache and memory screenshot](images/screenshot_clearcache.png) Toggle UI -------------------- Toggle Content Finder on and off. If you are in a Touch UI view, you will be taken to the classic view with Content Finder. Toggling between Classic and Touch UIs works in siteadmin/sites.html, publishingadmin/publications.html, damadmin/assets.html, welcome/projects.html, and normal view/editor.html. Unexpected redirects may happen if you are on a page that doesn't have a Touch/Classic equivalent. ![Toggle UI screenshot](images/screenshot_toggle_ui.png) Todo: ----- + Performance: extension starts too slow. + Remove jQuery from popup.js. + Chrome doesn't currently support HTML5 datalists in extensions, use when available. + Comparison should show reordering of nodes. + Comparison should have view as well. + Setup dev process: Grunt, Bower, SASS/LESS, build/zip/version, minification, concatenation, etc... + Improve UI Toggle for pages that don't map between Touch and Classic. + Test in AEM versions below 6.
- (2018-12-06) Sriram Narasimhan: Makes switching between modes easier and reduces the hassle of having to manually change URL!
- (2018-03-14) Jurgen Brouwer: Helpful tool for developing.
- (2017-08-29) Marcus Hicks: Very, very useful plugin.
- (2017-01-05) Ebin Varghese: Awsome ext , do w/e have it for Firefox also
- (2015-11-08) Vincent Yang: Very useful plugin, thanks for your great work.
- (2015-10-29) Larry Gerndt: Very useful, thank you!
- (2015-10-07) Kevin Guterl: Awesomeness. Great tool for AEM development.
- (2015-06-13) Tim Waring: Great tool to help development
- (2015-04-16) Sigmund Baginov: Veramente spettacolare. Non può assolutamente mancare a chi ha a che fare con aem
- (2015-02-05) Marc Infield: :)
- (2015-01-30) Kevin Nennig: I like it.
- (2015-01-29) Jeremy LeBoy: Well done! Thanks for sharing this.
- (2015-01-28) naga vadrevu: Great Idea
- (2015-01-27) Gabriel Walt: Great extension!
- (2015-01-26) Sridhar Jayakumar: Excellent extension. I love the fact that I can quickly check different servers/environments and between UIs. Great for Demos.
- (2020-06-11, v:0.3.8) Bryan Copeland: Is it possible to update the TouchUI/ClassicUI toggle button?
I think you just need to replace first instance of "/editor.html/" (TouchUI) with "/cf#/" (ClassicUI and vice-versa... I would offer to help make the change if the repo is available to submit a Pull Request to?
- (2018-01-30, v:0.3.8) Raphaël Cardin: Toggle Touch UI/Classic UI doesn't change cookie value
The toggle works going from Classic to Touch UI, but when switching back to Classic, the cookie cq-authoring-mode stay set to TOUCH instead of CLASSIC
- (2016-07-30, v:0.3.8) Ext Guru: Partnership request
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "AEM Developer" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] [email protected]