Internet security for teams, remote workers and families.
Take back your time and get peace of mind by not having to check URLs and websites for signs of danger. Not a single person has ever fallen for malware, online fraud, identity theft or a counterfeit website (phishing scam) when protected by MetaCert. Read below to find out why. 1 minute to install / no setup. MetaCert is easy-to-use and powered by enterprise-grade infrastructure. HOW IT WORKS - Red Warning = Danger - Green Shield = Verified - Grey Shield = Caution Whenever you open a link, this extension will immediately check it against the MetaCert authentication system. Dangerous links/websites are immediately blocked before harm can be done. And authenticated websites display the MetaCert green shield. EXAMPLE: Before signing into Microsoft365, the MetaCert shield will turn green. If the shield doesn’t turn green, you know it’s a new counterfeit website that hasn’t been validated yet. This is the magic that will keep you safe. WHY WEBSITE AUTHENTICATION? Over 93% of all new phishing websites start with https and display the browser padlock. It’s time to replace the padlock with the MetaCert shield for online trust. WHY ZERO TRUST? It’s mathematically impossible for any security company to detect every new threat. That’s why you read about cyberattacks every minute of the day. And this is why over 90% of all attacks involve phishing scams. This security software assumes every link and website is potentially dangerous unless verified by MetaCert. WHAT ABOUT USER RATINGS? No. Absolutely not. Crowdsourcing is not scalable and it’s not reliable. If crowdsourced trust is not reliable enough for a small business, hospital, municipality or a bank, it’s not reliable enough for you. MetaCert is the first company to verify web addresses on mass scale. FREE TRIAL You can try the software for free for 14 days. No credit card needed. And if you sign up, you can cancel your subscription at anytime. We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Most security products that are free, collect and sell your data. The biggest security extension on this store was banned from the Chrome and Firefox store for selling user data. We think that’s creepy. That’s why ours is a paid service. Pricing here: https://metacert.com/pricing.html ABOUT THE TEAM MetaCert is brought to you by the same developers who built the official browser extensions for digg, Delicious, Yahoo!, Nike, Sony, eBay, PayPal, Google and Microsoft. We build software that’s fast, secure and reliable. Founder and CEO Paul Walsh is one of the two people who co-instigated the creation of the standard for URL Classification at the W3C, the standard body for the World Wide Web - formally replacing PICS in 2009.
- (2020-03-13) Svetlana Zhvania: Спасибо Всем огромное !!! Я очень довольна этим приложением !!! Спасибо создателям за их труд что создали такой очень необходимый и очень нужный продукт!!!
- (2020-02-23) Jop van Eck: Als het had gekund had ik -1 STER gegeven... Bij alle phishing websites die ik heb getest, geen alarm. En het is een free trial, dus op langer termijn moet je voor DIT betalen? Dit is wat ik noem phishing, alstublieft mensen, gebruik dit niet en betaal er al helemaal niet voor! U bent gewaarschuwd
- (2019-10-26) john kenny: Want to give Cryptonite Chrome extension a good use to determine if it can help my browsing habits, Im still trying to find documentation for it telling us exacty how to set it up. It looks like im left to go through the code from github now?? But so far so good with this extension at least as a minimum i get the Green Sheild if im on a genuine crypto site and black or red if i land on a bad url...
- (2019-04-14) Nick Reines: Absolutely love Cryptonite! I'm big on crypto, so having that green shield is invaluable. Great job metacert. I will be a customer for a long time. Thank you!
- (2019-04-02) kishor mehra: nice extenstoin
- (2019-04-01) Rami Hadji: It's really good
- (2019-03-13) Love what these guys are doing. Definitely makes my life a little easier. Hope they keep up the good work.
- (2019-02-10) Nguyen Pham: ok
- (2019-02-08) David Strom: Phishers are getting sneakier, we all need tools to help flag their messages. With Metacert's deep research into bad URLs, this extension should help give us all a fighting chance.
- (2019-02-03) Emory P: I rely on my cryptonite MetaShield for almost all my crypto related web surfing. If its not green, I always take another moment to verify Im in the safe zone. When its green, I have a piece of mind that Im good to browse. Thank you to the cryptonite team for developing this tool to help safely navigate the cryptospace! Much appreciated!!
- (2019-01-25) Richard Rebhan: I have a high level of confidence when connecting to crypto sights knowing that MetaCert has my back. rebhrich
- (2019-01-25) Colin Muller: Definitely a useful tool if you're into cryptography or really anyone using cryptocurrencies or interested in learning about them.
- (2019-01-24) Mikel Martinez: MetaCert is the first thing I tell people to install in their computer as soon as they install their favorite web browser. Why? Because security is serious and being safe is very important. I have been using this extension since I learned about it back in 2018. Thanks to it I have been able to stay away from phishing sites, bad actors, and even not fall for the Twitter scams that were rampant since March 2018 all the way to September. Whenever I go to a site, first thing I do is check the shield. Green I browse with a peace of mind no other software or "lock" can give me. Black, I become weary and sometimes all together close the tab and research if the site is legit or not. If legit I provide the team with the link for their evaluation so it can be green and if it is not legit I send it too so it can be flag. Red is automatically the "HELL NO" This simple process allows me to know where I am or who I am engaging with. First thing I did when I setup my site was provide my domain and twitter so other people would know I am legit. This adds prestige, transparency and a real sense for community no other software could do. The team is amazing and have a background and experience that certainly proves they are a great individuals on a mission to grant users and companies, the peace of mind for $8/month. McDonald's cost more and doesn't protect your identity nor your waist line or anything in your health. Give this a chance and trust me, you'll never have to be second guessing whether you are safe or not when you receive a link.
- (2019-01-23) Aaron Kenny: Cryptonite is a must for anyone that is serious with their online security, plus it's so simple to use, Easy. What's even more exciting or comforting, is the company if forging ahead with not just protecting crypto users but also important mainstream sites, like banks etc. #brilliant
- (2019-01-23) Andrew John: im here and have already paid..:( im finding it very odd and suspicious that 98% of the reviews have a 5 star with nothing but good reviews, even the best companys in the world have way more negative reviews. UGH wish i would have done a detailed research of this extension and company before subscribed it works ok yet ive found no sites have been blocked for me yet and that is also suspicious to me. anyways cheers mate. possible to get refund?
- (2019-01-19) Daniel John: This browser extension is a MUST have for everyone using the internet today. MetaCert is the first project to make a real go at eliminating the global phishing epidemic. It will be interesting to see how effective it proves to be once the bulk of society gets on board and starts using it.
- (2019-01-19) Hernan Molina: Es una excelente extensión. Extremadamente fácil de usar y realmente útil habida cuenta de la gran cantidada de casos de phising y los sencillos ejemplos mostrados por Metacert probando que aún con cuidado es posible ser engañado.
- (2019-01-19) Atilio Falco: The software itself works perfectly well and is a valued added layer of security, a must for all, in my opinion. And the team, with the very personable Paul Wash at the helm, is outstanding.
- (2019-01-10) PIERRE DEFINA: The Cryptonite extension is brilliant, its a must for anyone involved with Crypto but is not limited to Crypto, it has worked perfectly since I installed it. I have no problem paying the annual subscription fee when I know it will continue to protect my assets, especially after a mate was scammed by visiting a MEW website he thought was legit. I also look forward to the email protection that Metacert offer as personally my email has been hacked in the past although I believe it was due to my ISP. Great product and the staff at Metacert are only to happy to assist you if needed.
- (2019-01-03) Andrew Leung: Monthly fee is ridiculously high You can use a password manager for the same effect Deleted
- (2018-12-28) Eugene Melnikov: Become paid, moved to PhishFort
- (2018-12-27) Anthony Smith: Work as advertised, however, $96/year is steep. While I can see there would be some ongoing dev work, verifying a domain is trivial, so I'm not sure what a user gets for that kind of cash.
- (2018-12-26) Jayson Shenk: MetaCert is absolutely crucial for me for everyday use, where I'm making a transaction, buying, or just playing Cryptokitties. The extension works flawlessly for me and I'm happy to support it's continued development. If you use crypto at all you need MetaCert.
- (2018-12-25) Not free anymore - must subscribe to the 'pro' version ($96/yr). Awesome bait and switch guys. It only worked on a 1/4 of the sites I went to. Now they're pushing their garbage shitcoin 'metacert' as a benefit for signing up.
- (2018-12-25) Sean D'Angio: Until a reasonable protocol layer/gui experience is rolled out for digital assets, this is a must-have. Secure your assets and take ownership for your future.
- (2019-12-03, v:2.2.13) Andrew Wilson: cancel account
want to cancel account
- (2019-11-06, v:2.2.12) Evan Kitagawa-James: Affiliate Links
Hey team, I write KB content for a crypto retailer/OTC desk based in New Zealand. Our helpdesk team have been suggesting your extension for some time and I often mention it in my guides. Therefore I was wondering if you have an affiliate program in place? All the best, Evan
- (2019-09-21, v:2.2.12) MarK AM: agm
- (2018-12-27, v:2.1.3) J Scott Seaman: Subscription rate/term
I just signed up for what was supposed to be the monthly rate of $8 but was charged the yearly rate of $96. How can I get this resolved?
- (2018-10-26, v:1.4.32) Nevan Tan: Overly Aggressive Phishing Warning Screen
I am a web developer that works in Google Cloud Platform and Cryptonite throws up the phishing warning screen on every page in the console. This prevented me from working and I had to uninstall the extension. The blocking is fine, I would just like a way to whitelist certain domains.
- (2018-08-19, v:1.4.21) Erick Platica: fslso dispositivo
bloquea sitios como faucets y ptc que tiene que ver
- (2018-07-25, v:1.4.10) Riesgraf Robotix: Please add to your blacklist
This site https://myetherwallet.com.api3.icu/signmsg.html is a phishing site duplicating the original site http://myetherwallet.com/ so they can steal your ETH and ERC-20 tokens
- (2018-07-12, v:1.4.10) ошибка?
https://exmo.me/ru/trade#?pair=BTC_USD раньше было зеленое, теперь постоянно блокируется
- (2018-06-24, v:1.4.2) Станислав М., Fide Master.: Ошибка в работе
Всегда работал хорошо, а теперь на всех сайтах везде черный горит.
- (2018-06-21, v:1.4.2) Jerry Asher: has added black shields to almost every twitter handle
extension for who knows what reason takes a twitter page and adds a black shield to almost every twitter handle on it.
- (2018-06-13, v:1.3.41) PedroToxas: Free Tokens
How can i get the free tokens? BTW, well done. Its important give trust on cryptos and you guys are in the rigth way to do that. Thank you for that!!! :)