A new standard for website identity, making it virtually impossible for anyone to fall for a dangerous link or deceptive website.
Open email links and browse the web without having to spend time checking for danger signs. MetaCert has verified millions of domains and sign-in pages across the entire web. So it's virtually impossible for you to fall for a counterfeit website that looks like a trusted entity such as your bank, iTunes, Google sign-in, Netflix, your crypto wallets or PayPal. MetaCert also identifies and blocks known malware and phishing scams. 🏢FOR BUSINESS: ★ Zero victims to date ★ Zero account takeovers ★ 98% risk reduction for phishing ★ 98% risk reduction for ransomware ★ Identifies and blocks known dangerous sites ★ Massive reduction in support for IT/InfoSec ★ Works with every other security solution / zero conflicts 🕶 No built-in analytics. No tracking or recording anything you browse. The vast majority of cyberattacks on small to midsized businesses, government agencies and enterprise start with look-alike domains and counterfeit websites. These are the attacks that MetaCert protects you from. 👩🏼💻FOR INDIVIDUALS ★ 85,000 active crypto traders and investors - zero victims. ★ Never fall for an online scam ★ Never sign into the wrong website ★ Supports Mac, PC and Linux ★ Identifies and blocks known dangerous sites 🕶 No built-in analytics. No tracking or recording anything you browse. 🏠FOR FAMILES ★ Never worry about a family member using the internet again - you're welcome ★ Extremely easy-to-use ★ Identifies and blocks known dangerous sites 🕶 No built-in analytics. No tracking or recording anything you browse. 👮🏼♂️FOR SECURITY PROFESSIONALS This browser extension is open source, comes with no built-in analytics or tracking of any kind. It's powered by MetaCert's threat intelligence database and unique URL classification system. The team co-instigated the creation of the internet standard for URL Classification at the W3C, the Standards body for the World Wide Web. A Modlishka-based phishing scam is different and much worse than typical scams. Instead of being brought to a counterfeit website, you receive authentic content from the legitimate website. The reverse-proxy silently redirects all traffic and everything you type into the legitimate site (including 2FA codes) to the attacker. MetaCert protects you from these sophisticated techniques because you will always know when you have opened a legitimate URL to a legitimate website. MetaCert will not display a green shield for fake URLs, even if they lead you to a legitimate website. And when we say "verified as safe", what we mean is "this is not a counterfeit website". "Safe" is subjective, but it's something that most consumers and small business owners understand. So we make this clear when they become customers. 👉 PRIVACY AND YOUR DATA Every time you open a link, the extension checks MetaCert’s database to see if it’s “Verified by MetaCert” or classified as "Malware & Phishing". It does this without tracking or recording anything you browse, and in less than one third of a second. Some security companies sell browser data collected from their extensions - we think this is creepy and wrong. Business customers are welcome to request an on-premise proxy service for added privacy. 👉 HOW IT WORKS 🔒 Green Shield = Safe to use 🔒 Black = Unknown, proceed with caution 🔒 Red = Stop, malicious website ahead 👉 THE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS SOFTWARE MetaCert is brought to you by the same people who co-instigated the creation of the Internet Standard for URL Classification & Content Labeling at the W3C in 2004 – the Standards body for the World Wide Web. So we’ve been working on this type of technology far longer than the biggest security companies in the world. 👉 HOW TO REACH US Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you might have [email protected] You can also find us on Twitter at twitter.com/metacert
- (2019-10-26) john kenny: Want to give Cryptonite Chrome extension a good use to determine if it can help my browsing habits, Im still trying to find documentation for it telling us exacty how to set it up. It looks like im left to go through the code from github now?? But so far so good with this extension at least as a minimum i get the Green Sheild if im on a genuine crypto site and black or red if i land on a bad url...
- (2019-04-14) Nick Reines: Absolutely love Cryptonite! I'm big on crypto, so having that green shield is invaluable. Great job metacert. I will be a customer for a long time. Thank you!
- (2019-04-02) kishor mehra: nice extenstoin
- (2019-04-01) Rami Hadji: It's really good
- (2019-03-13) Love what these guys are doing. Definitely makes my life a little easier. Hope they keep up the good work.
- (2019-02-10) Nguyen Pham: ok
- (2019-02-08) David Strom: Phishers are getting sneakier, we all need tools to help flag their messages. With Metacert's deep research into bad URLs, this extension should help give us all a fighting chance.
- (2019-02-03) Emory P: I rely on my cryptonite MetaShield for almost all my crypto related web surfing. If its not green, I always take another moment to verify Im in the safe zone. When its green, I have a piece of mind that Im good to browse. Thank you to the cryptonite team for developing this tool to help safely navigate the cryptospace! Much appreciated!!
- (2019-01-25) Richard Rebhan: I have a high level of confidence when connecting to crypto sights knowing that MetaCert has my back. rebhrich
- (2019-01-25) Colin Muller: Definitely a useful tool if you're into cryptography or really anyone using cryptocurrencies or interested in learning about them.
- (2019-01-24) Miguel Martinez: MetaCert is the first thing I tell people to install in their computer as soon as they install their favorite web browser. Why? Because security is serious and being safe is very important. I have been using this extension since I learned about it back in 2018. Thanks to it I have been able to stay away from phishing sites, bad actors, and even not fall for the Twitter scams that were rampant since March 2018 all the way to September. Whenever I go to a site, first thing I do is check the shield. Green I browse with a peace of mind no other software or "lock" can give me. Black, I become weary and sometimes all together close the tab and research if the site is legit or not. If legit I provide the team with the link for their evaluation so it can be green and if it is not legit I send it too so it can be flag. Red is automatically the "HELL NO" This simple process allows me to know where I am or who I am engaging with. First thing I did when I setup my site was provide my domain and twitter so other people would know I am legit. This adds prestige, transparency and a real sense for community no other software could do. The team is amazing and have a background and experience that certainly proves they are a great individuals on a mission to grant users and companies, the peace of mind for $8/month. McDonald's cost more and doesn't protect your identity nor your waist line or anything in your health. Give this a chance and trust me, you'll never have to be second guessing whether you are safe or not when you receive a link.
- (2019-01-23) Michael Harris: Cryptonite is a must for anyone that is serious with their online security, plus it's so simple to use, Easy. What's even more exciting or comforting, is the company if forging ahead with not just protecting crypto users but also important mainstream sites, like banks etc. #brilliant
- (2019-01-23) Andrew John: im here and have already paid..:( im finding it very odd and suspicious that 98% of the reviews have a 5 star with nothing but good reviews, even the best companys in the world have way more negative reviews. UGH wish i would have done a detailed research of this extension and company before subscribed it works ok yet ive found no sites have been blocked for me yet and that is also suspicious to me. anyways cheers mate. possible to get refund?
- (2019-01-19) Daniel John: This browser extension is a MUST have for everyone using the internet today. MetaCert is the first project to make a real go at eliminating the global phishing epidemic. It will be interesting to see how effective it proves to be once the bulk of society gets on board and starts using it.
- (2019-01-19) Hernan Molina: Es una excelente extensión. Extremadamente fácil de usar y realmente útil habida cuenta de la gran cantidada de casos de phising y los sencillos ejemplos mostrados por Metacert probando que aún con cuidado es posible ser engañado.
- (2019-01-19) Atilio Falco: The software itself works perfectly well and is a valued added layer of security, a must for all, in my opinion. And the team, with the very personable Paul Wash at the helm, is outstanding.
- (2019-01-10) PIERRE DEFINA: The Cryptonite extension is brilliant, its a must for anyone involved with Crypto but is not limited to Crypto, it has worked perfectly since I installed it. I have no problem paying the annual subscription fee when I know it will continue to protect my assets, especially after a mate was scammed by visiting a MEW website he thought was legit. I also look forward to the email protection that Metacert offer as personally my email has been hacked in the past although I believe it was due to my ISP. Great product and the staff at Metacert are only to happy to assist you if needed.
- (2019-01-03) David Lee: Monthly fee is ridiculously high You can use a password manager for the same effect Deleted
- (2018-12-28) Eugene Melnikov: Become paid, moved to PhishFort
- (2018-12-27) Anthony Smith: Work as advertised, however, $96/year is steep. While I can see there would be some ongoing dev work, verifying a domain is trivial, so I'm not sure what a user gets for that kind of cash.
- (2018-12-26) Jayson Shenk: MetaCert is absolutely crucial for me for everyday use, where I'm making a transaction, buying, or just playing Cryptokitties. The extension works flawlessly for me and I'm happy to support it's continued development. If you use crypto at all you need MetaCert.
- (2018-12-25) Not free anymore - must subscribe to the 'pro' version ($96/yr). Awesome bait and switch guys. It only worked on a 1/4 of the sites I went to. Now they're pushing their garbage shitcoin 'metacert' as a benefit for signing up.
- (2018-12-25) Sean D'Angio: Until a reasonable protocol layer/gui experience is rolled out for digital assets, this is a must-have. Secure your assets and take ownership for your future.
- (2018-12-25) 8€/month is absolutely too much!!
- (2018-12-24) Silas: metacert has a great team, they're responsive helpful and informed. Their product if great now and only improving. today there is so much uncertainty and obfuscation it's nice the have a simple usable icon to help you know if the site you're on is legit or a scam. Sure you could check twitter and reddit for every crypto site you visit to see if they've been hacked or not, but isn't this easier?
- (2019-12-03, v:2.2.13) Andrew Wilson: cancel account
want to cancel account
- (2019-11-06, v:2.2.12) Evan Kitagawa-James: Affiliate Links
Hey team, I write KB content for a crypto retailer/OTC desk based in New Zealand. Our helpdesk team have been suggesting your extension for some time and I often mention it in my guides. Therefore I was wondering if you have an affiliate program in place? All the best, Evan
- (2019-09-21, v:2.2.12) Mark AM: agm
- (2018-12-27, v:2.1.3) J Scott Seaman: Subscription rate/term
I just signed up for what was supposed to be the monthly rate of $8 but was charged the yearly rate of $96. How can I get this resolved?
- (2018-10-26, v:1.4.32) Nevan Tan: Overly Aggressive Phishing Warning Screen
I am a web developer that works in Google Cloud Platform and Cryptonite throws up the phishing warning screen on every page in the console. This prevented me from working and I had to uninstall the extension. The blocking is fine, I would just like a way to whitelist certain domains.
- (2018-08-19, v:1.4.21) Erick Platica: fslso dispositivo
bloquea sitios como faucets y ptc que tiene que ver
- (2018-07-25, v:1.4.10) Riesgraf Robotix: Please add to your blacklist
This site https://myetherwallet.com.api3.icu/signmsg.html is a phishing site duplicating the original site http://myetherwallet.com/ so they can steal your ETH and ERC-20 tokens
- (2018-07-12, v:1.4.10) ошибка?
https://exmo.me/ru/trade#?pair=BTC_USD раньше было зеленое, теперь постоянно блокируется
- (2018-06-24, v:1.4.2) Станислав М., Fide Master.: Ошибка в работе
Всегда работал хорошо, а теперь на всех сайтах везде черный горит.
- (2018-06-21, v:1.4.2) Jerry Asher: has added black shields to almost every twitter handle
extension for who knows what reason takes a twitter page and adds a black shield to almost every twitter handle on it.
- (2018-06-13, v:1.3.41) PedroToxas: Free Tokens
How can i get the free tokens? BTW, well done. Its important give trust on cryptos and you guys are in the rigth way to do that. Thank you for that!!! :)