Replace the new tab with a list of trending repositories on github belonging to any technology that you chose.
GitHunt is an extension that replaces the new tab of your browser with the trending github repositories. You can look through the repositories for any technology of your liking and for any period of time. By default it shows the trending repositories (most starred repositories created in the given period of time) for the last week and as you keep scrolling, you will be presented with the popular repositories of the consecutive past weeks. All you have to do is select how you would like to see the repositories (monthly, weekly or yearly) and the language, it will remember your choice and will show you the trending repositories in that category whenever you will open the new tab.
- (2019-08-03) CK L: Githunt is a really awesome tool that exposes me to other open source projects out there. Just a suggestion, dark mode would really be good for this extension. Other than that, keep up the good work!
- (2018-09-02) Xen Enlighten: Always has been a must-have for me. A few things i'd add/change though to this version. 1. Add an options screen so we can change our API key. 2. Make the header a little bit smaller. It's a bit too tall (The twitter & Github links I mean, that area) takes up more screenspace than needed. 3. Add a search bar to the page for searching github's repo's quickly. (Maybe make it also search google or DDG with 3 buttons below the search bar. One for 'Search With Github' One for 'Search Google' & One for 'Search DuckDuckGo'.) 4. This is just something I would like to see, but don't really expect it to be added. I'd like to see maybe a seperate page that you can go to by clicking a small arrow on Githunt's main page. This page could have things like Notes, Reminders, News flashes, RSS, BTC Prices, Weather, etc. (Just a thought) :) I'm gonna fork the project and see if I can help out in adding or creating an extended version with the aforementioned extensions. :D 5/5 Stars well earned Kamran
- (2018-03-27) Edwin Yip: Thanks! Githunt is really a great tool that helps me to discover new open source projects written in my language (which is Pascal/Delphi). One suggestion - Is there a way to make the cards wider? because some of the project names are not shown completely, and the don't have a readme file, so it's not possible to understand what it does until you click on it and got to github.com. preferable, it'll be great to be able to configure it to show two or one card per row. Thanks.
- (2017-02-02) Epoch The: A simply must have extension for me. I actually had to leave firefox and come back here because of this extension. 5/5 well deserved.
- (2017-01-09) Romain Racamier-Lafon: I did add the token, then its not working, no problem, let's open an issue on GitHub... ow wait you can't :) He deactivated issues :)
- (2016-06-21) James Biswas: Great octohunter
- (2016-03-27) Great extension. :)
- (2016-03-26) Bilal Mustafa: Good Work!