RESTMan is a browser extension to work on http requests.
RESTMan is an extension to work on REST APIs over http and https. How to use: Click on the RESTMan Icon that displays on your taskbar. Type the url in the main input field and choose the method to use: GET/POST/PUT/DELETE/PATCH. Click on the arrow "Send" or press Ctrl+Enter. You'll see info about the response (time, size, type) and you'll be able to see the content response in the response section. What's new: # v0.7 Fixes - #23 Fixed background in method drop down on windows. New: - #25 Share request. - #24 Add OPTIONS to the list of http methods. # v0.6 Fixes: - #11 Different color for every HTTP method. - #18 Extension no longer uses resources when it's not being used. New: - New dark theme! Based on material design colors. - Side by side layout for Body and Response panels. - Options popup page to save theme and layout for future sessions. - Improved history dropdown. Adding ability to move through options with up/down keys, better mouse click handling, options get scrolled into view when out of scroll, pressing enter to select option. - More url space. - Improved "running" indicator. # v0.5 Fixes: - Fixed replacement of line endings in request editor. - Added error message for failed requests. New: - Improved history dialog. It now popus from the url bar, it filters entries based on what's been typed. - New HTML preview for responses. It will render the response as an html. Due to security issues, some scripts, images and other resources might be blocked. - Added extension version in main windows. # v0.3 - Major UI overhaul. - Extension won't duplicate entries in history. - Adding clear all button to headers and form body sections. - Ctrl+Enter sends request. - Pressing enter on url textbox sends request. - Several small fixes. # v0.2 - Updated foundation to 5.4.6 - Updated beautify to 1.5.4 - Minor UI tweaks. # v0.1 - GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, DELETE requests. - Custom request headers. - Raw and Form data body. - View highlighted response. - View response headers.
- (2020-02-06) Isaac Lizardo: una excelente herramientas grafica para desarrolladores, esto es muy util a la hora de probar request post u otros tipos... =) sin la complejidad de tener que armar un cURL a mano..
- (2019-10-23) Jason Priebe: Much faster than using Postman for simple tasks; also allows you to take advantage of authentication cookies that your browser obtained via a web login, so you don't have to worry about the authentication piece.
- (2018-07-08) Emile Akbarzadeh: Very good REST client if you're looking for quick basic functionality
- (2018-03-26) Devil App: Very very good
- (2018-03-22) Pet Er: Returned links are not clickable, you have to paste them manually to follow them. This kills usability. Additionally, it should support templated links. As it stands it is better to use an extension to display JSON and the developer console.
- (2017-04-01) Maxim Nosovets: Very helpful and simple REST client!
- (2019-09-18, v:0.7) Christophe Laverdure: Raw headers
It would be great if we had the option to copy paste a bunch of headers instead of typing them one by one. A "raw" button with a textbox (similar to what we have for the body) would do the job perfectly... and it shouldn't be hard to add!
- (2018-02-05, v:0.7) Daniele Rossi: cookies
did your extension use existing chrome cookies into get request?
- (2017-09-13, v:0.7) 3James Smith: [email protected]
code bloked my chrome store