A find-in-page extension for Google Chrome with support for regular expressions.
- (2020-06-29) Илья Сергунин: Not working!
- (2020-06-28) Liran Barsisa: Has some issues: 1. Can't auto-show options, especially when choosing to hide the options button. 2. Doesn't have "exact word" 3. Wish it had a floating window that auto-positions itself (and prefer being in the center-top/bottom) so that it won't cover the results. 4. Why does it run in the background?
- (2020-04-08) 邱比特: 查找时不能显示结果的个数，望改进
- (2020-03-06) Oleksandr Boiko: Nice UI, but too slow
- (2020-03-03) Youwei Liang: Awesome tool! Very useful and powerful.
- (2020-02-28) Xinyi Chen: pretty good however it's not available in source code view.SAD!
- (2020-01-26) William NG: Barely works, highlights randomly, need to reload page constantly to get it to highlight anything. Really not worth anyone's attention.
- (2020-01-17) John Hossbach: Nice integration with the address bar ("Omnibar"), but doesn't work with dynamic HTML pages.
- (2019-12-18) adewdd ssgedff: searches ok but on page refresh the expression is lost, i cannot believe a developer wold do such a mistake.
- (2019-12-12) Lynn Spencer Weight: I like this extension a lot, but my eyes have trouble reading the very small font I would like to see a setting where I could adjust the font size of the text being typed into the search box, maybe in a future build, eh?
- (2019-11-20) Yunga Palatino: Great extension, does what's written on the tin, thanks a lot! :)
- (2019-11-15) Juan: He probado varias extensiones para realizar búsquedas regex esta es la que más me gusta, funciona bien, y es cómoda de usar. ¿Alguien sabe como se cofigura Chrome para que Ctrl+F abra siempre el buscador de find+? Please add an option to search nomatter of accents or explain how to do it. For example we would like to find both "último" and "ultimó" by just searching "ultimo".
- (2019-11-06) Ray Foss: works! no content script required!
- (2019-11-06) Scott USA - Florida: Exactly what I was looking for! A quick click without having to go to menu to find on the page. Love ability to change colors on search results for page. Thanks!
- (2019-09-27) Ulyßes: Worked just fine before... but now needs to run perpetually in the background for some reason. Why does this need to be an background app?
- (2019-07-30) Rachel Dantzler: I love this extension, but I have one issue. Is there a way for it to work in Google Sheets? Nothing in the cells gets detected by the extension.
- (2019-07-01) MingHong Yao: Can't use on view-source:
- (2019-06-12) Saroj Khatiwada: Hey Brandon, What is the shortcut to trigger the extension's search in macOS?
- (2019-05-23) Dennis Hughes: This is quite a helpful, but when I'm trying to search a site for a letter followed by a number, followed by a non-number, using the regular expression M1[^\d] or M1[^0-9] it is detecting no matches, but it is finding matches if I just search for M1 or M\d - the problem is that it is matching items that also have multiple items after the M1 (e.g. M11), and in a large list, there might be over a hundred matches for that. ...aha! I found another way to do it! M1$ works, as does ^M1$! Thank you for the great product! Edit: Is there any way you can also make this work with Adobe documents loaded in Chrome? I'd LOVE to be able to search Acrobat documents with a regex!
- (2019-05-15) 刘言明: it works
- (2019-03-21) My favourite lovely app, hard used everyday app became a garbage... Earlier builds gives me possibility of text search on any tab, where this app remember searched text and dont needed each time retype it in new tab browser. Now this app dont remember searched text and so no serious difference now with easy CTRL+F. Also no history pop up in field, no generally history at all. Ok, i see dont needed history button (usability needs pop up in field, ok ?) , but it dont remember text. Now this app in garbage category, im sad
- (2019-02-26) Vander Karl: Seems to function perfectly well for searching text with regex, and is quite elegant. However, I got the extension because it claimed to be able to replace using regex as well. If it can, I cannot for the life of me figure out how. There appears to be no option for it.
- (2019-01-07) Magnus Ekvall: Nice extension which does what it should do. Most simple, but very useful is searching for a few alternatives separated by a '|'-char.
- (2018-12-13) Juan Alonso Hernandez: Doesn't work at all on Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (OSX).I open the search box, type "y" or "y.*u" on a page with "you", and nothing gets highlighted.
- (2018-12-07) Alexander List: Can't get it to work with Jupyter Notebook?
- (2020-01-28, v:2.1.1) Jonathan Woodward: Feature Requests
How easy would it be to modify the code to allow for multiple simultaneous searches? For example, in the search box, enter multiple words separated by spaces or commas or line breaks and each word is highlighted in a different color? That would be a very useful feature. Also, are you able to change the highlight text color in addition to the highlight background color? It would make text stand out more depending on different background colors.
- (2019-12-24, v:2.1.0) Jason Press: Saved Expressions Disappeared
Hello and thank you for your very helpful extension! Today (Dec. 23, 2019), I used the find+ extension in the morning without any issue. I then opened it later and all of my "saved expressions" were gone. Instead of the usual list of saved expressions, I just see the message: "No saved expressions found." I didn't use the browser or extension at all over the course of the day and don't know what could have happened that caused all of the saved expressions to get deleted. There were quite a few expressions in there and it would take a lot of work to rebuild them. Can you suggest any way to recover the saved expressions?
- (2019-10-04, v:2.0.2) Jeffrey Riaboy: Runs in background
Why does this extension run in the background when not in use?
- (2019-10-03, v:2.0.2) Matt Holley: Regex bookmark, match lis + highlighting feature request!
Recently moved to Chrome after using Firefox, and was used to using this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/regexsearch/ I mostly used for the bookmarking feature for a set number of regex, being able to quickly grab a list of matches so I didn't have to go and copy past from the page and also the highlighting was a great addition. Any chance of implementing these kind of features?
- (2019-07-01, v:2.0.2) MingHong Yao: Can't use on view-source
I want use it find html code!
- (2019-06-09, v:2.0.2) Chris Leonard: A couple quick questions
Hi Brandon! I'm glad you have built this extension. I've always wondered why browsers don't have a built in "advanced" search mode where regex was available. So thank you for filling this gap! Here are my questions: - is it possible to increase the font size in the search box without changing the overall Windows magnification? - is it possible to turn on "incremental" search so that the plugin shows what matches as you type? I'm using the dev branch of Edge/Chromium, if that matters. Thanks again for this extension.
- (2019-05-01, v:2.0.2) Lior Derei: regardin regex match operation
does ?= operator works? in example :(?=something)(?=something else)
- (2019-04-16, v:2.0.2) Michael Reaves: Find+ not remembering search term from previous page
Hi, For a while I could perform a search on a page with Find+, then navigate to another page and click the Orange Icon (Find+ extension) and the same search would automatically come up. Now, I have to click to show blank search, click again to close extension, then click a third time to show previous search. (Or, utilize saved search.) Any way I can get Find+ to show the same search I used last time until I change it?
- (2019-04-07, v:2.0.2) John Horner: Find text in form fields
Having tested, it appears we can't search the content of form fields, (input or textarea elements). That was a feature I was particularly hoping for. Any chance you could add this feature? Or am I doing it wrong and this should already be possible?
- (2019-03-18, v:2.0.1) Michael Weiner: Search form does not gain focus on first use in a page
Search form does not gain focus on first use in a page. Mike
- (2019-03-12, v:2.0.1) Simone Denaro: Info
can I use it to chain the search for 2 words in a page? eg: "i7" + "w10pro" what is the syntax? thanks, Simone.
- (2019-03-11, v:2.0.1) Mik Max: hotkey doesn't focus search bar
Quite often (i.e. lately, seems to be almost every time), when I hit Ctrl+Shift+F to activate the find+ extension's search UI, the UI appears, but the cursor isn't focused/active in the text entry box. I'm not sure what is causing this, but it seems to happen consistently the first time I use the shortcut after opening a page in a new tab. Other than that, I love this extension! It is really making finding things in long webpages so much easier! And I just discovered the other features available via shortcuts - AMAZING! Being able to live edit any text in a webpage is a great way of being able to further refine potential matches. Now if I could just get it to work within frames in SharePoint, it'd be pure gold. :) Thanks!