Exploratory testing session using Chrome
A Chrome extension designed for making web exploratory testing easier Features: - Report bugs, ideas, notes and questions easily - Take screenshots during the session. Keep focused - URL will be tracked automatically - See session results in a report - Save and import session - Export session to JSON,CSV or HTML v2.1.4 - new icon v2.1.2 - Fix minor bugs v2.1.0 - Screenshot preview at HTMLReport v2.0.4 - Fix open imagen in new windows issue v2.0.2 - Fixed malware issuen (related to jQuery 3) v2.0.1 - Export JSON Session fixes v2.0.0 - (Thanks to @majesticjondi for his PR) - Added bootstrap - New icons - Multiline comments (Crtl + Enter) - Minor fixes v1.2.0 - Export and import session. You can save and restore sessions anytime. v1.1.1 - BugFix: Export large html reports solved (Thanks to www.lyontesting.fr) v1.1.0 - Edit and delete annoatations from report. Even testers make mistakes ;) V1.0.4 - Add screenshot shortcut (Shift + Enter) - Suggested by @WhyAyeMac V1.0.3 - UX improvements V1.0.2 - Added filters and styles to Exportable HTML Report V1.0.1 - UX improvements
- (2019-12-04) Lê Nguyên Nguyễn: Very useful. But could you please make word wrap for the Description column both when viewing Session Report and exporting to HTML file. Thanks.
- (2017-03-15) Roberto Franair: Excelente ferramenta, ao meu ver so falta o relatório em html já indicar o timestamp das atividades e a opção de screenshot tbm possuir opções para inserir marcadores (setas e afins). No mais, parabens pelo trabalho.
- (2016-12-08) Lada Flac: Simple and very helpful. I would like to see timestamp of screenshots as well, needed for exploring system logs later. That would make my review a 5-star ;)
- (2016-09-14) Jaroslav Kubáň: Super doplňek do Chrome! Jednoduché, funkční, slušný report.
- (2016-05-06) Александр Пантелеев: Отличное расширение. Спасибо!!!
- (2016-01-26) Luis Oscar Aguila: Very googd
- (2020-01-24, v:2.1.4) Azim Malik: Remember what i've typed in the textbox if i click on a webpage that is being tested
When entering data, it doesn't remember what you've typed in if you click away to inspect something on the browser. You have to enter all your findings for that one bug again. A bit of a pain. Could you make it so that it remembers where you left off if you need to click on the web page that you are testing?
- (2019-12-04, v:2.1.4) Lê Nguyên Nguyễn: Add word wrap for Description
Very useful extension. But could you please make word wrap for the Description column both when viewing Session Report and exporting to HTML file?. Thanks.
- (2019-06-13, v:2.1.3) Joe Kingston-Lee: Time lag when inputting text into 'Idea' text box
Hi, Firstly thanks for this app, I have only started using this but have wanted something like this for a while! I just thought I'd report an issue I am having. Basically there is significant time lag between key input and text appearing in the Idea text box. Others inputs work normally (Bug's, notes etc). I prepared this GIF to demonstrate the issue in case my description above is not clear. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nd8uM3FoysfrbDLWGmpjS-jq5XsSVMZb Chrome details: Version 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) (64-bit) OS: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4
- (2019-03-26, v:2.1.3) Vivek Menon: Google Test and Feed back test case steps.
When I use t&f in devops it only records maximum 15 steps. Is there any way to capture more steps.
- (2019-03-26, v:2.1.3) Vivek Menon: Test and feedback not recording enough steps
When using test and feed back in Devops, it only records 15 steps. So I cannot create a test case with more than 15 test steps. I am not sure if there is any setting that can record all steps not just 15. Thanks
- (2018-06-28, v:2.0.1) Blocked by Chrome
Chrome has blocked access saying it has detected malware in the extension.
- (2018-06-01, v:2.0.0) Carlos Camacho: Import session from JSON
Hi, while I used this extension, I found that the "Import session from JSON" button does not works.
- (2017-11-03, v:1.2.0) feedback
Domain admin won't let me have a profile to be able to leave a review so I'll do it here instead. As a solo QA in a company with 8 developers this tool has been invaluable! I've written my own plugins to be able to convert the json output to jira tickets as well. Very simple, very easy to use, the only thing I would like to see is the ability to customise the issue types. Thanks for creating this!
- (2017-05-31, v:1.2.0) Editable Categories
Hi Francisco, This is a really useful tool! I'm wondering if there's any scope to add user accounts where we could edit the reporting categories? i.e. the ability to add tailored categories to the existing 'Bug', 'Note', 'Question', 'Idea' fields? I'd like to add my own groups for things like 'Styling', 'Logical error', Security issue', etc. Thanks for creating this tool - it's so helpful for testing! Beth
- (2016-12-28, v:1.1.1) Lada Flac: Timestamp
Hi, it would be nice to see the timestamp with seconds along with annotation in all types of report. This would help later if you would have to search the logs for issues found. Other than that I don't have any remarks, I like the tool very much. Thnx, Lada Flac
- (2016-11-01, v:1.1.1) Rogerio da Silva: Usability
First of all, the tool is good, it has a great potential and useful. A few things to improve will make it even better. At the HTML report, the screenshot opens within the same page, ideally is open on new _blank page or a pop up. A fine option is as mouse hove over the icon it displays as zoom-popup, also the icon should be a thumbnail of the image so we can quick identify before have to open the image. The fact that it shows which browser and version is shown is great. If you can, show the device and OS as well. The image, would be nice if we can make notations like arrows and squares, cut, crop, zoom and text. Is a good add on and it has loads of potential. Well done and keep up with the good work. @roger_uk www.rogeriodasilva.com
- (2016-10-18, v:1.1.1) Francisco Javier Trigo Arana: Unable to install
While trying to install the extension I get an Filed - Network error. I've been trying o solve this but nothing happens. Do you have any clue about this problems. This is a Windows 10 PC. Thanks
- (2016-07-20, v:1.1.0) Zach Christiansen: Unable to access session results
Hello, I ran some session tests with this tool but when I went to look at the results I wasn't able to see the Notes that were taken during the test. I did not have any screenshots, bugs or tasks created during the testing and I did click SAVE for the notes before ending the test. I am using MTM 2015 and VSO but the only place I can see the session is in VSO and that is basically just saying a session was run with an amount of time it took to run; no notes. Creating a new session through MTM does increment to the next session test so I know it's being logged in TFS somewhere. Any help?