Search across ALL Shopify theme files in one search. Searches Layout files, Templates, Snippets, Assets, Config and Locales! When…
Search across ALL Shopify theme files in one search. Searches Layout files, Templates, Snippets, Assets, Config and Locales! When a file is found containing text from the search it becomes highlighted. You can continue to search all files, or at that point pause the search and navigate to the file. If you work with Shopify themes all day, like we do, this is a GREAT tool to find all instances of a certain element, or any string of text. For example, maybe you need to find all instances of "product.price". It could be in collection pages, search, products, or dozens of other pages. Now you can find them all a few seconds :-)
- (2020-02-13) Richard Walbaum: Did not work at all. I installed it, but there no button to cause the extension to execute. The Icon turns blue indicates it is active, but nothing after that. And, there are no instructions anywhere on how to use it.
- (2020-02-03) Ray Lyons: This app is exactly what I needed to cut a huge amount of wasted time out of my daily routine. It lost one star as it is a little bit buggy. The main bug I noticed is that if you search for one term and then execute a second search it freezes and then refreshes the page and you must attempt the search again.
- (2019-12-12) Hanna Koposhynska: How can I prevent it from refreshing the page almost every time I run a second or third search in a theme? :(
- (2019-10-18) Sheila Pio: USELESS. does not work at all
- (2019-08-28) RaaDSoN: Worked pretty good!
- (2019-07-10) AliFastShop YouTube: Top demais
- (2019-07-01) Maxime C.: I still use it because it serves a real purpose and I don't have an alternative, but god is it annoying sometimes. Sometimes it refreshes the page and get me out of the editor... so frustrating. Sometimes the extension won't work, you have to refresh the page and then it will work. Everytime it makes the Shopify default search engine (in-page) buggy, meaning that whenever you use bold search engine, it resets Shopify in-page search engine even though it displays your search text, but it's not actually searching anything. I mean, it's not good, but somehow it works. Fair 3. Removed one more star as I'm finding out about new glitches which makes it even less usable.
- (2019-04-26) 18Brandz EKGFamily: came here to leave a review, looked at the reviews from past year and im confused.. the extension worked perfect for me.. such a blessing and time saver..NO ISSUES.
- (2018-04-27) The Big Webowski: awful, annoying , unusable for editing source code ... why on earth did shopify remove cmd / ctrl + f search???
- (2018-02-23) Kevin DFZ: Your recent update with the annoying popup that appears each time you search, pretty much broke the extension. 90% of the time it would get stuck on a search, and sometimes your folders don't expand to show which files contains search results. Why change something that's working? 90% of the time you end up breaking it.
- (2017-05-09) Great app :D You guys really never cease to amaze :P
- (2017-04-19) Christopher Savoie: Shopify developers rejoice. Search in files is an incredibly useful function, and now you can access it without setting up API access and a local download.
- (2017-04-11) Aubrey Kotelko: This extension saved me 15% or more on my car insurance. Thanks Bold!
- (2017-04-11) Paul Rajotte: Great plugin! Total time saver.
- (2017-04-10) Mohammad Yakub: use it everyday. so helpful. Highly recommended.
- (2017-04-10) Ron Alderson: less than 30 seconds to install. Already saved hundreds of hours
- (2017-04-10) Super amazing, unfathomably useful tool!!
- (2017-04-10) Jay Myers: One of the plugins I used almost every day. Huge time saver!