iboss cloud Enterprise
This extension provides proxy-free Web security, transparent single sign-on authentication, and user-based reporting for Chromebook. ibossConnect for Chromebook interfaces with the iboss Secure Web Gateway (SWG) and is tasked with securing Chromebooks to ensure Web security and access policy enforcement. It offers the following features: •Streamlines deployment and ongoing management of Chromebooks across your organization •Extends iboss role-based Web security and access policies across Chromebooks, whether they are on-premises, traveling, or at home •Enables directory user-based reporting and threat visibility across your organizations from a single pane of glass management console •Increases your organization’s ability to detect high-risk users and respond to active infections faster to reduce data loss and maintain regulatory compliance on- or off-network •Provides a better end-user experience and a reduction in help desk calls •Supports Google Apps Directory Synch (GADS) Implementation is easy, only requiring the network administrator to push the iboss Chromebook Extension through the Google Administrator Account to the managed Chromebooks. On-premises Chromebooks will be automatically bound by directory or user group to the security and access policies for each user. When Chromebooks are off-premises, the extension will detect it and automatically filter traffic requests. No proxy is needed whether on- or off-premises and all activity is managed through the centralized iboss Threat and Event Console to ensure security and compliance.
- (2020-01-13) TLN_Llama: This app is very laggy and is not accurate at blocking sites -Love, your gay principle
- (2020-01-13) August Jhonson: this sucks my computer is already trash this made it worse
- (2020-01-04) SparkZ: Terrible garbage software. They literally block every single website, including necessary ones. I can't even do a decent project with this, every site is blocked. Iboss is literally a virus and the schools put it on our computers. :( If i could rate this 0 stars i would because of how terrible this is.
- (2019-12-19) Daddy Pig: Dear iboss, we students have tight schedules. we don't waste our time writing 1 star reviews for our entertainment and happiness. we have social media and video games for that purpose. when we write reviews, we actually mean them. take this extension down, we will all be thankful. You could also make iboss harder to hack into. we students have found many ways to bypass this. here, I quote Mackenzie Carter "Open your eyes and do something good for the world". with love, daddy pig
- (2019-12-17) Splatzy: I want This Remove i Cant Play Classic Miencraft Everyone Spam Report This So It Gets Removed Also If you want this removed i also do just contact google admin on their forums and say its a virus
- (2019-12-09) SpeeDiamond: Ok it makes sense for the schools to get it but they should chose something better so you can go on websites that you should be able to go on like santa tracker. Santa tracker was unblocked this this year but last year it was blocked. Cool math games was also blocked for a while (although I don't use it.) many coding things like Tynker are blocked. Lastly netflix, hulu and other streaming platforms are blocked, I mean how could we watch those things during class.
- (2019-12-03) pcx paintball: my school installed this on my Chromebook I dont think they know how to read all the things are true im going to try to get this uninstalled from my school Chromebook we should try to get this off of the Chrome store
- (2019-11-22) Spider warrior 276: I do hate this and all it does is take up storage and block my art and TN links also it does not force install on my chrome book. Ah, more news this is another iboss page on google classroom: chrome-extension://kmffehbidlalibfeklaefnckpidbodff/loader.html?rl=https://classroom.google.com/u/0/h; oh yeah, I would love unblocked links to bypass iboss if you send a link so thank you also for chrome books press esc reload and power then press ctrl d then enter and space does not work if you can't access developer mode **spider**
- (2019-11-20) Piggy Films: Kill it with FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, (NUSD too)
- (2019-11-20) Seth Sinatra: https://www.innocent-frontier.ga/local.html
- (2019-11-12) Nicholas Kim: Iboss, the worst glitching extension that is stuck on my 300 dollar Chromebook that blinks a yellow light every single time at home, is filled with blocked websites that I need to use to get important info including Classlink.lcusd.net (for people that go to La Canada school district). But of course the Iboss producers are not reading all our posts.
- (2019-11-07) JakePlays: souls how could i prove to you that im not an iboss employee so i can get some links.
- (2019-11-01) Dankツ: It blocks my stuff at home. thats illegal
- (2019-10-28) Samuel Hughes: first of all, not only does this block useful websites, it also doesn't even block the videos in my school that normally would be blocked, just by signing into a different email. they gave us chromebooks and it just slows down the laptop. IBoss even blocked me from writing this review, but by signing into another email address, i was able to do whatever i wanted and bypass the useless and incompetent software. even inappropriate images aren't blocked by it but CoolMathGames is? this is just a useless software that doesn't do its job, blocks the wrong websites, and harms the computer.
- (2019-10-27) Clayton Bruce: Absolutely terrible! Slows down internet to the point that the internet barely works and I can't access sites I need for my school work because their algorithm seems to block sites at random.
- (2019-10-26) Cole Maston: Dear iboss delete yourself
- (2019-10-25) Wolfieplays Games: Maybe We can band together to to find a way to unblock it i figured out how to get play store recently
- (2019-10-16) breezy boyyy: iboss is legally considered a virus. it slows down everything by a large amount, it is digitally contagious (it spreads through internet connection), and it blocks things that aren't inappropriate. it honestly appals me that schools still use this horrible addon. if any schools are reading this: don't use iboss find a better blocking addon.
- (2019-10-14) BLECH: you guys know im god?
- (2019-10-13) Anonymous Someone: Hello everyone, I have figured out a way to bypass iboss' censorship on your home network. All you have to do is block the proxy server they are using. This can be found by going to chrome://settings/networks?type=WiFi, clicking the Wi-Fi network you are connected to and clicking the drop down menu labelled "Proxy". If something like "https://schoolsystemabbreviation123456-swg.ibosscloud.com" doesn't show up for you there, go to chrome://policy and type "proxy" in the search bar. Look for an entry labelled "Gen4ProxyHost". There will be something like "schoolsystemabbreviation123456-swg.ibosscloud.com" That's what you need to block. There are many ways of going about blocking the proxy server. Possibly the easiest option is to do it with your router, if it has that capability. You can get to your router's webpage by clicking the "Network" drop down above "Proxy". Then you will need to type in the characters under the word "Gateway" into your web browser. It should be something like 192.168.0.1 (don't worry if it isn't exactly that). Then you will need to login to your router. The default username and password will be something like "admin" and "password". You can also look it up Ex. "Linksys router default login". Once you are logged in you will need to look for something like website blocking. It may be under parental controls. You will need to paste the proxy server address we found earlier into the website blocking field. If you don't find a way to block the proxy server using your router, read on. Another method of blocking the proxy server is using a Pi-hole ad blocker. This option has the added benefit of ad and tracker blocking for your entire WiFi network! It is best to purchase a Raspberry Pi computer for this, which starts at 5$. I'm not going to go into the process of setting up a Pi-hole here, but you can go to pi-hole.net for more information on it, and here are some guides for setting it up: https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-pi-hole/ https://youtu.be/inmBhY3HgQE Once it is set up, simply add the proxy server address to the blacklist. If you do go the Pi-hole route, don't use Google as your upstream DNS provider. They are not a company to be trusted with your personal information, and this would give them the address of every website you visit, even if you don't use Google Search. I recommend scrolling down in the DNS providers list and choosing Cloudflare. Along those lines, STOP USING GOOGLE SEARCH. Switch to a search engine that respects your privacy, like duck.com or startpage.com. Learn why at https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/stop-using-google-search/ The only negative effect of this circumvention method I have noticed is that Chrome will sometimes give an error like ERR_MANDATORY_PROXY_CONFIGURATION_FAILED. If that happens, just reload the page (if it doesn't automatically). Remember, it's your network, not your school's. Happy bypassing! P.S. Hello iboss employees!
- (2019-10-10) JakePlays: yo souls, can you send a few titanium network links. i cant find any on google that aren't already blocked.
- (2019-10-01) DoomSlayerGod: Dude my school use this app its sucks if I could hack it and delete it from existence can you stop hacking the government for one second Anonymous and please remove this app from existence
- (2019-09-26) Real WeiFi: took 50 mb of my ram and i dont even want it but school is gay
- (2019-09-26) Seth Carter: Works well, but has a few bugs such as taking a while to detect if you're on campus, and at least one way to very easily bypass the filter. update: like 2 years later still a good filtering extension,
- (2019-09-23) Bella Self: This extension SUCKS