osprey is a privacy respecting fork of the well known stylish
osprey is a fork of Stylish that can manage custom CSS from userstyles.org
- (2019-02-14) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Doesn't work anymore (userstyles cannot be installed from userstyles.org).
- (2018-10-05) Sean Shaffer: Please add Import/Export function! Otherwise, this is much better than the untrustworthy Stylish extension. I love the dark theme of the Manage page, too.
- (2018-08-06) NoFontNL YT: I have to reload sites, to make the style visibile. But when I do, it is okay. But it should automatically apply. So therefore I rate the extension 2 stars.
- (2018-07-31) Jarett B: HERE's HOW TO INSTALL SKINS #1 - goto stylish and find a skin #2 - copy the css #3 - goto Osprey and click on Manage installed styles #4 - Write new style #5 - click on Mozilla Import #6 - paste the copied CSS code and click on Overwrite style #7 - if it came in the same way it did for me there will be one box with code and one blank box but with site settings. copy and paste that 1st CSS code box into the second box #8 - save and you are good to go! should be at least... I HOPE THIS HELPS My biggest gripe: Includes no instructions at all whatsoever anywhere on how to install skins. Tried copying CSS from a Stylish skin and adding it, doesn't work. Tried installing through the userstyles website linked on this extension, doesn't work. Tried searching Google and the Github for info, nothing there. Tried looking here on the extension page: nothing.I figured it out though! See above
- (2018-07-28) spacepigeon: this extension looks great but im not sure how to use it! when i go to userstyles, the only options are to install with stylish, or look at the css, or install the style as a userscript. i have no idea about html or css, but i copied & pasted the css of the user style into the osprey 'write new style' option and saved it, but it didn't change the website at all. am i missing something, or do you need to have some kind of css/html/coding knowledge to use the app? hope you can help me figure out how to get the userstyles i want on osprey! thanks for creating a good alternative!
- (2018-07-11) Great extension that works well.
- (2018-07-11) Thanks JackCDK. I also made the switch from Stylish and this works great.
- (2017-10-11) Pleb Pleb: good job jacky boi (pakman)
- (2017-06-08) John Smith: Yay. Was happy about Stylish but then noticed all the dodgy-ness and decided to go for osprey. Many thanks for making this JackCDK!
- (2017-02-24) well done ! thank you
- (2017-02-03) Carl Blakemore: Great extension. Fixes all the ways Stylish went wrong. Exactly what I was looking for!
- (2017-01-29) Gordon Spring: good extension
- (2017-01-18) Jose Serrano: NO BOTNET :D
- (2017-08-31, v:1.0.4) styles
cant install styles from userstyles org using vivaldi. yours is the second fork i tryed. importing styles is fine but no (automatic) updates possible for you "own" styles. so! Expected outcome: visit userstyles click instal style Style instals! Experienced outcome visit userstyles click instal style Nothing Happens! Reproducable Use Vivaldi (Chrome fork) Normal chrome works