Customize New Tabs & More!
What's new & fixed in version 27.0 ... - Translation requests are now sent from the background page. A multi purpose Chrome extension that does all this & more: - Set your Custom "Home Page" under Options, in Extensions. - Open that Custom Page in "New Tab" instead of the Home Page. - Automatically force YouTube videos to play high definition. - Right click on an Image to perform a Reverse Image search. - Right click after selecting a plain text URL to open as link. - Double click on a plain text link to open URL in a new tab. - Click icon (next to Menu) for a Cached version or Translation. - Select some Website text, click Ctrl+Alt (Opt) for Translation. - Privacy protection disables referral pings on Google Search. - Ability to change/spoof the browser 'User Agent' when needed. - Right-Click while holding Ctrl+Alt to remove a page element. - History Navigation: Hold Right Mouse button, swipe left/right. - Customize where new tabs open, and tab order when they close. - Basic cookie management allows for export, import and wipes. Optional security that should be enabled for best results: "Allow access to file URLs" is required if opening local files as new tabs. "Allow in private mode" has to be checked in order to work in incognito. "Allow access to search pages" needed for search engine result pages. Supports Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, and Edge (Chromium) browsers. [MS]
- (2020-07-31) Netra Shukla: This new tab page extension is AWESOME for taking care of that pesky search marquis thing that always pops up in the new tab page, but the only things I don't really like are: 1. It doesn't let you make shortcuts so you can easily go to tabs that you use frequently like the normal new tab page 2. You can't change the clock time on the bottom left corner of the page, or change the clock settings from analog to digital. If this new tab start page could improve on those things, it would be amazing!
- (2020-07-22) Użytkownik Google: A very good extension. It helped me switch from Chrome to Opera. I couldn't convince myself to the opera due to the lack of a personalized start page. I only miss one option. Force focus the address bar after opening a new tab. It annoys that when opening a new tab, we still have to click on the address bar to enter the page. I will show it on two gifs. In opera, after opening a new tab, the address bar is immediately focused. https://i.imgur.com/p0DkZw9.gif However, when using an extension, this option disappears. It turns off, it turns off. We have to manually click on the address bar. https://i.imgur.com/2vYwmcn.gif
- (2020-07-16) Nathan Martin: I like the simplicity of this extension. But since one of the recent updates whenever I open a new tab/page the focus is in the Google search field and not in the URL address bar as previously. That's the only reason for 4 out of 5 stars.
- (2020-06-30) Mr. Eagle: Awesome! Used it to have FVD SpeedDial open as New Page using this address: chrome-extension://pncpfofkienlinhfknpmgjnjhdoclfhh/newtab.html
- (2020-04-16) Andre Hugo: Thank you for making viable by your extension using Daily 2.0 properly on Opera GX. I'm really grateful!
- (2019-12-25) iGames Play: wont work, need to reload new tab and than fvd speed dial appear, opera ver 65.0.3467.78
- (2019-12-09) Ярослав Рарогов: Stopped working on Opera today. Now need new ways to override Opera new tab.
- (2019-12-03) Daniil Rozyev: It doesn't work in Opera(
- (2019-11-20) Conrad Ahlers: Got again control over the new tab in Opera! No more Speed Dial! Thanks for this extension.
- (2019-11-19) Sugarbun: Finally something that works on Opera!
- (2019-07-10) Second Life Around: Opera user here - My friend YOUR AWESOME!! Thank you for making this incredible app!! All of us Opera users THANK YOU!!
- (2019-06-26) Giuliano Ribeiro: Absolute amazing! I've installed on Opera to fix the BUG about "Speed Dial" impossibility to disable, and this extension fix all the thing. Thank you to author!
- (2019-05-25) Make Mine Texas: Does exactly what I wanted! Allows me to set a local file on my computer as my new tab page. Thank you!
- (2019-05-24) Avi Marks: the shortcuts on this extension have literally saved my life. never written a review before. If you're mildly tech savvy and you didn't read above YOU CAN CTRL+ALT+RIGHTCLICK TO DELETE ELEMENTS not to mention CONTROL+ALT TO TRANSLATE. insanely convenient.
- (2019-05-10) V. Kaya: I use it with Opera, nice works, thank you. But youtube age restricted mode does not work
- (2019-05-03) Alex Schlexxi: For me a MUST HAVE extension, especially for o p e r a, if you want to redirect the start page and the "new tab" page. Saves a lot of time. :-) Many thanks!
- (2019-02-18) Shawn A: Great for getting rid of that stupid default suggested sites start page!
- (2018-07-11) Jimmy D.: Good work
- (2018-04-23) Very nice, the only annoying thing is the shift+ctrl pop-up with translation that cannot be disabled... I frequently use the shift+ctrl combination for selecting text but rarely I need it to be translated, so I always have to close the pop-up window... Please assign this function to a different combination of keys!
- (2018-04-16) Pavel Vold: Can you make page URL empty in a new tab? When the new tab with a page opens, the page URL is set in the address bar. This address sometimes interfere when, for example, you need to specify a new address. I encounter this in many other similar extensions. Can this be fixed? =(
- (2017-11-30) Ivan Llanas: Didn't work for me. I set it up to show a file:/// url but a blank tab is all I got.
- (2017-11-09) Brad Murray: Used to work great. Now it just opens a blank page
- (2017-11-09) Gustavo Moraes: The best extension to use with custom New Tab pages!
- (2017-04-10) Tom Journey: Awesome! just there is a small delay between closing the default start page and opening the forced one on Vivaldi. I find it funny how a browser that promises more functionality for power users and flexibility makes you go trough hoops just so you can change your default speed dial.
- (2016-12-22) Arcaden: Very good, especially for getting it to work on Vivaldi, but on Vivaldi it opens two pages when I press New Tab: one which is the new tab redirect I was hoping for, and one that is the default Vivaldi start page (this page redirects to the new new tab if I click on it). This could be because I'm using an old version of Vivaldi (I'm on Windows Vista) but I thought I'd point it out to you anyway.
- (2020-07-04, v:27.0) Scott Smith: Clock disappears
If I click on the clock it disappears. If I open a new new tab page, or if I toggle the light/dark mode, then it appears again. Also, I wish there was an option for the clock to display the day and date. Or to display a small one-month calendar with the current date highlighted.
- (2020-07-04, v:27.0) Scott Smith: Links to the googleverse
An option to select (and extend) the shortcuts to the googleverse would be great. I, for example, don't care about Play, News, Translate, and Images, but I would like to have Photos, Sheets, Slides, and Keep. And preferably, with control over the order in which they are displayed.
- (2020-06-03, v:27.0) Elisei Kulikovsky: Update notifications
Please add the ability to disable NTSP update notifications in the browser.
- (2020-04-19, v:26.7) Claudio F. Barbano: fantastic extension. Is it possible to add additional icons, with other websites (on top, or below)?
Is it possible to add additional icons, with other websites (on top, or below)?
- (2020-01-29, v:25.4) Aaron Wang: Opera Browser
Extension not working in opera. "Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension. Try disabling your extensions. ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT"
- (2020-01-22, v:25.4) John Haines: Editing boogle
Is there any way for us to edit boogle please? Reason for asking, is that I would like to be able to have a "Speed Dial" type page (Like the default in Opera) - Opera speed Dial does NOT support nested folders in it, so thought this extension might be able to give me what I want, but I can't figure out a way to do it...
- (2020-01-09, v:25.2) Sergey Kuznetsov: Pressing of home (speed dial) button not opens my custom start page
Opera 66.0.3515.27, extension version 25.2 From 25.1 custom start page opened when browser starts or new page button pressed. But earlier my custom page was open when Home button pressed. Now this option not works (other functionality is good).
- (2020-01-07, v:25.2) Elisei Kulikovsky: The ability to choose behavior after tab closing
Please add the ability to choose what tab to switch (left or right) when closing tab. I'm currently using SimpleTabOrder for this ability only, but it would be nice to have such congenial option in your extension so I won't need SimpleTabOrder. Also I discovered Ctrl+Alt removing elements and I'm very happy! Thank you!
- (2019-12-25, v:25.0) Elisei Kulikovsky: New tab lose focus
New tab lose focus (the previous tab gets active) in the latest version of the extension (25) in the latest Opera. "Shared Start Page" is enabled (default). With it disabled new tab override doesn't work at all.
- (2019-12-22, v:24.8) Elisei Kulikovsky: Ability to disable Context menu
Thank you for the extension. It is the only one that really can override a new tab in new Opera. Please add an option to disable context menu ("Reverse Image Search" and "Open URL in New Tab").
- (2019-12-10, v:24.4) Endicott Summers: Your extension is awesome and so are you!
This isn't a support request -- just a compliment. I was having the same issue as Pangi which was described as follows: "I have a problem in the latest version of Opera (65.0.3467.62). When I open a new tab, "Opera start page" is displayed and not the address I set." I came to the Support Tab and saw that you recommended a work around of opening "opera://flags" and disabling "Shared Start Page." That worked instantly for me! It's really great that you actively monitor the support requests and respond quickly. P.S. Love your extension and use its many powerful features all the time.
- (2019-12-07, v:24.4) Pangi: Extension has stopped working after last Opera update
I have a problem in the latest version of Opera (65.0.3467.62). When I open a new tab, "Opera start page" is displayed and not the address I set.
- (2019-10-17, v:23.9) MrJacquers: Localized Search
It would be nice to have a setting for using a localized search. E.g. I'm in South Africa, so I'd like to search google.co.za
- (2019-10-17, v:23.9) MrJacquers: Dark Theme
It would be nice to have a dark mode / theme
- (2019-10-17, v:23.9) MrJacquers: Setting to Remove Clock
It would be nice to have a setting to remove the clock
- (2019-07-11, v:23.6) kkinney184: new computer
I bought a new computer and want to get all my custom tabs that I created loaded. How do I do that?
- (2019-05-02, v:22.9) Alex Schlexxi: newtab.html
Hey! I found a problem with Opera (latest 60.0.3255.70): Every time I want to enter an extension-url ending with "newtab.html" the URL will be reset to default. For example: chrome-extension://gpdpldlbafdmhlmcdllcjgoigmpjonfc/newtab.html -> save -> chrome-extension://mjfahldkpjhcnfbbmdhpjolcjpcfhcpj/google.html Earlier versions worked perfectly. thx
- (2018-04-23, v:18.6) Unwanted translation
I frequently use the shift+ctrl combination for selecting text but rarely I need it to be translated, so I always have to close the pop-up window. Please assign this function to a different combination of keys or put an option to disable the translation.
- (2018-02-06, v:16.0) Robert Little: Affects format of Gmail and other sites
I'm running Chrome Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit). I love the extension but have found it completely hoses proper display of Gmail and other sites.
- (2017-11-09, v:15.6) Gustavo Moraes: "file://" protocol support in v15.6
Since last update (15.6), HTML pages in "file://" protocol don't open anymore!
- (2017-10-18, v:15.4) Google's Team: Comments Post Reply Form User for supports
Click REVIEWS REPLY PSOT
- (2017-10-18, v:15.4) Marija Jovic: New Tab Remove New Tab Start Page Pro
Open Settings Click Reset OK