Show notable forks of GitHub projects.
An extension to help you notice notable forks of GitHub projects. Sometimes on GitHub, projects are abandoned by the original authors and the development continues on a fork. However, the original repository is often not updated to let new-comers see that. I have many times wasted effort on making a pull-request or installing old buggy versions of projects when the community had already moved to a fork. To make matters worse, the old projects usually have higher search-engine traffic and a lot more stars than the forks. This makes the forks even harder to find. This extension tries to remedy that by adding a subscript under the name of the repository on the Github page of all projects with a link to the most notable fork (i.e. the fork with the most stars), if such a fork exists.
- (2022-01-17) Lester Jan Teodoro: i rarely make a comment on this webstore but this one deserve a 5 star. seriously it helps me update my favorite app on github that is already abandoned.
- (2020-03-18) Tema Smirnov: Excellent! Thanks for extension
- (2017-06-27) Cohan: Hit or miss, mostly miss. I've found so far all the "Lovely" forks it's been suggesting are *years* more outdated than the one I'm looking at. I get that the extension can't magically create a maintained fork but if a fork was last updated in 2011 and the project I'm looking at was last committed early 2016 I'm probably not interested in the former.
- (2016-04-01) Southball: Simple but very useful.
- (2020-07-20, v:3.4.0) Tema Smirnov: GitHub UI update
Hi, thanks for extension! Recently, GitHub updated its UI, so how about to update extension to make it work great again and fit nicely with UI? I can make a PR to https://github.com/musically-ut/lovely-forks Thanks in advance!