Accessibility Insights for Web helps developers quickly find and fix accessibility issues.
- (2020-02-10) Kyle Charlton: I've tried a variety of accessibility tools and this one has beat them all. It offers the most insights as well as the best interface.
- (2019-12-12) Justin Harris: Surprisingly easy and helpful.
- (2019-10-04) Sean McMains: While I am neither a QA tester or web accessibility specialist by trade, I got to shoulder that mantle for a recent project. The combination of automated tests, guided manual tests, and ample supportive material were a godsend. I've been able to work very effectively with our web devs to improve the accessibility of our work dramatically.
- (2019-05-20) Warren Diprose: Not trusting any one particular tool I choose to use lots of accessibility checkers and compare their reports. I am finding Accessibility Insights for Web's features, polished interface and accuracy refreshing. With Section 508 Refresh deadline looming and a mountain of content to review/remediate, accuracy is paramount. I can't afford to waste time on false reports or bad reporting tools.
- (2019-03-15) Application broken for Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon/ Google Chrome 70.0.3538.77
- (2019-03-14) Andrey Sitnik: Doesn’t work (Linux). Icon disapears when I try to click on it.
- (2019-03-13) Sasha Sirotkin: The fast pass (which quickly finds errors in your page) is polished (especially since many accessible tools are garbage-y looking) and effective (though not game-changing). The visualization tools are really impressive though! The header highlighting and "tab stops" (it's closer to "tab trials") features make this thing worthwhile
- (2020-09-07, v:2.21.1) Jon Urwin: File Issue via Assessment
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any plans to add the 'File Issue' option to the Assessment section of the application? We use Azure DevOps heavily and use this feature via the Automated Checks option on a daily basis. Adding this to a 'Failed' assessment section would also be hugely beneficial rather than having to create a new bug manually then copy the data across.
- (2019-11-05, v:2.10.3) jazz alston: Axe core localization
I am trying to add localization to the npm version. I have not been able to add the "grunt build --all-lang command. Please assist.
- (2019-07-16, v:2.7.1) Jamie Herrera: Button/link Color Contrast for https://accessibilityinsights.io/ in IE11
I was routed to https://accessibilityinsights.io/ from your https://aka.ms/accessibilityinsights link in the Overview section. I wanted to let you know that the default blue on your links and button text is not displaying, when the page is viewed in IE11. I happen to have IE11 as my default browser at the moment. When I went to learn about Accessibility Insights on this link, half of the links are displaying as white on white or white on very light blue. This issue does not occur in Chrome. I understand the tool itself is for Chrome and Edge and just wanted to mention this in case it is not just an edge case (or something odd with my personal settings).
- (2019-06-19, v:2.5.4) Harold Hersey: Crashes when I run it since the "upgrade"
Recent upgrade seems to break this. It used to crash when you opened the developer tools but you could re install. The new version makes the tool entirely unusable. When running fast pass it tried to open the window the immediately dies.
- (2019-06-18, v:2.5.4) Roger Hand: Suddenly today it crashes immediately!
I see that there is a new version of the extension out today (June 18, 2019). Now it crashes immediately every time I run it. I have upgraded Chrome to the latest version (75.0.3770.100) and have closed all but one tab in Chrome, but still no luck. This is on Linux Mint 17. Everything was fine until today, although the extension would frequently required "repair".
- (2019-06-05, v:2.4.1) Kaveri Khanvilkar: I am unable to run Fast Pass
I do not receive results when I run Fast Pass
- (2019-05-22, v:2.4.1) Mitren Chinoy: How to get insights on an iframe being loaded on the page
We have a scenario where the on our SPA we also load an iframe. Currently there is no way to visit the UX on that specific iframe directly. Is it possible for this tool to provide insights on the iFrame? if so, how?
- (2019-05-07, v:2.3.0) Can you limit the assessment to level A only?
Can you limit the assessment to level A only? Once you are in the assessment area it is not clear what areas the assessment covers so you can go back to the WCAG rules for further clarification. We have agreed to meet level A requirements for our sites and it would be nice to focus first on that level.
- (2019-05-07, v:2.3.0) Michael Hartmann: Wouldn't allow me to export
I've done an assessment and every time I try to export the report it shows "download" as a file in the Downloads bar but won't download anything. It did work when there were only a few tests done, but now with all data in, it won't export.
- (2019-03-12, v:2.0.4) Rajendra Kale: Not able to download or add extension
Not able to download or add "Accessibility Insights for Web" extension to chrome.
- (2019-03-11, v:2.0.1) Bug found
The tool flagged an error on https://brand.linkedin.com/inkwell-resources/component-inventory/reference-card in regard to link elements must be contained in an ordered or unordered list. The link elements are already in an unordered list.