What it does... This add-on will remove the tracking fields from all URLs, which are visited by the browser, with the help of an…
What it does... This add-on will remove the tracking fields from all URLs, which are visited by the browser, with the help of an external rule file, which is regularly updated by us and can be found here (https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/blob/master/data/data.min.json), to protect your privacy. The reason... Large (and small) websites use elements in the URL, e.g.: https://example.com?utm_source=newsletter1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sale to track your online activities. In this example, the utm fields used to track a custom campaign, managed by Google. It tells the provider, and also Google, the source, the medium (e.g. email or web) and the specific campaign of the link. All these tracking fields are not necessary for a website to be displayed or work correctly and can therefore be removed - that is exactly what ClearURLs does, so you can think of it as an "URL clean maid". Another common example are Amazon URLs. If you search for a product on Amazon you will get a very long URL for this product, e.g. https://www.amazon.com/dp/exampleProduct/ref=sxin_0_pb?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=tea&pd_rd_i=exampleProduct&pd_rd_r=8d39e4cd-1e4f-43db-b6e7-72e969a84aa5&pd_rd_w=1pcKM&pd_rd_wg=hYrNl&pf_rd_p=50bbfd25-5ef7-41a2-68d6-74d854b30e30&pf_rd_r=0GMWD0YYKA7XFGX55ADP&qid=1517757263&rnid=2914120011, the most of this URL is available for tracking and is not needed. After ClearURLs has cleaned this URL, it looks like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/exampleProduct Why this add-on? The main differences between this and similar add-ons are they have around 13 rules to remove garbage from urls. Our add-on has around 130 rules to remove garbage fields and much of them are regex-rules, so the rule does not block one field, it blocks all fields with the same structure. The addon also redirect google search results and reddit links. Our redirection rule base grows fast and we will offer much more in future to protect your privacy. And ClearURLs is open source, so everyone can join in to the project and/or can check the source code to error or malicious code. A recommended extension... ClearURLs is now a recommended extension in the ghacks-user.js project (https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/wiki/4.1-Extensions) and we are proud of it. ClearURLs is also on the Awesome Humane Tech List (https://github.com/humanetech-community/awesome-humane-tech#tracking). What do we collect? This add-on protects your privacy and we also respect it. We do not and will never collect any of your usage data. We also block the request from advertising services like doubleclick.net. What do I do if I have trouble? Visit our GitLab page or check out our wiki. Write us... If have any suggestions or complaints, please write a us on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/issues Contributors Kevin Röbert (creator/developer) Yi-Ping Huang (translator) rayman89 (translator) Ramon Santilli (translator) Lucifer (translator) Shitennouji (translator) K3A (contributor) perdolka (contributor) Nameless (contributor) a-polivanchuk (translator) hydrargyrum (translator) Zoltan Toldy (translator) tartpvule (contributor) Giovanni (translator) Ulaş Ç (translator) Sopor (translator) Supported languages: English, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), German, French, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Italian, Turkish
- (2020-01-13) Manuel Silva: the best one. I tested a few. This works. The only extension thac can handle Aliexpress.com because it does the harder method: "tracking injection over history API (See also: The replaceState() method)". Thank you. You are a genius.
- (2020-01-06) Frank DeNunzio: Glad I finally found this extension! Please clarify one thing I'm unsure of: does this prevent etag tracking?
- (2019-12-24) Paul Dowsett: Useful extension.
- (2019-12-14) Charnita Fance: I wish I had found this sooner. Works perfectly for Amazon, Google, and Facebook! Thank you!!
- (2019-11-01) Cam Seuss: Thanks for the extension! It's great!
- (2019-10-28) Anthony C: Thanks : Very usefull !!
- (2019-10-12) 凌离: Cause some bugs while using google search. ①Can't click the tab under the input box(all, images, videos, news, shopping……) unless I move the mouse on the icon next to the text —— only the icon can be clicked but not the text. ② in each search result item, can't click the link througn the title but can througn the url under the title
- (2019-10-02) cars x: this extension is awesome and does exactly what it says it does
- (2019-09-25) zubair ahmad: Thanks for the extension. Very underrated extension.
- (2019-09-13) Lecoin Names: the extension done a good job cleaning nasty url. great!
- (2019-08-19) Anna Silinskaya: Ctrl + click while searching in Google opens result in the current tab AND in the new tab. Also if the result marked as "Ad" it simply would not open. I turned it off for right now because of this bugs.
- (2019-08-19) Lea Verou: This extension broke Cmd+Click on Google results. Instead of opening the result on a new tab, it would both open it in the current tab AND a new tab. Took me days to figure out that it was this extension causing it and not some weird Google update. Thankfully, disabling it fixed it. Uninstalling :/
- (2019-08-03) aione: 有bug啊，鼠标滚轮点击网页会同时在新标签页打开一个，本页面再打开。 卸载就正常了，不知道是不是和我某个插件有冲突
- (2019-07-30) tito Salah: thank you very very much bro help me to delete stupid facebook track url from every link shared on facebook
- (2019-04-14) Lars Maier: Great add-on.