Remove tracking elements from URLs.
This extension will automatically remove tracking elements from URLs to help protect your privacy when browse through the Internet. Many websites use tracking elements in the URL (e.g. https://example.com?utm_source=newsletter1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sale) to mark your online activity. All that tracking code is not necessary for a website to be displayed or work correctly and can therefore be removed—that is exactly what ClearURLs does. Another common example are Amazon URLs. If you search for a product on Amazon you will see a very long URL, such as: https://www.amazon.com/dp/exampleProduct/ref=sxin_0_pb?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=tea&pd_rd_i=exampleProduct&pd_rd_r=8d39e4cd-1e4f-43db-b6e7-72e969a84aa5&pd_rd_w=1pcKM&pd_rd_wg=hYrNl&pf_rd_p=50bbfd25-5ef7-41a2-68d6-74d854b30e30&pf_rd_r=0GMWD0YYKA7XFGX55ADP&qid=1517757263&rnid=2914120011 Indeed most of the above URL is tracking code. Once ClearURLs has cleaned the address, it will look like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/exampleProduct Why use this extension as opposed to similar ones? Most other “link cleaners” employ about a dozen rules when looking for tracking parameters to remove. ClearURLs utilizes over 250 rules, so its capabilities are more comprehensive. And ClearURLs is open source, so everyone can join in to the project and/or can check the source code to error or malicious code. All functions in a nutshell * Removes tracking from URLs automatically in the background * Blocks some common ad domains (optional) * Has a built-in tool to clean up multiple URLs at once * Supports redirection to the destination, without tracking services as middleman * Adds an entry to the context menu so that links can be copied quickly and cleanly * Blocks hyperlink auditing, also known as ping tracking * Prevents tracking injection over history API * Prevents Google from rewriting the search results (to include tracking elements) * Prevents Yandex from rewriting the search results (to include tracking elements) What do we collect? This extension protects and respects your privacy. We do not—and will never—collect any of your usage data. What do I do if I have trouble? Visit our GitLab page (https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls) or check out our wiki (https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/wikis/home). Write us... If have any suggestions or complaints, please contact us on GitLab. Permissions Reasoning for needed permissions can be found under here: https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/issues/159. Contributors * Kevin Röbert (creator/developer) * Yi-Ping Huang (translator) * rayman89 (translator) * Ramon Santilli (translator) * Lucifer (translator) * Shitennouji (translator) * K3A (contributor) * perdolka (contributor) * Nameless (contributor) * a-polivanchuk (translator) * hydrargyrum (translator) * alekksander (translator) * Zoltan Toldy (translator) * tartpvule (contributor) * Giovanni (translator) * U. Çakmak (translator) * Sopor (translator) * elfriob (translator) A recommended extension... ClearURLs is also a recommended extension in the ghacks-user.js project (https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/wiki/4.1-Extensions), on the Awesome Humane Tech List (https://github.com/humanetech-community/awesome-humane-tech#tracking) and is a recommended extension by Mozilla. Changelog can be found here: https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md Supported languages English, Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwan), German, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Italian, Turkish, Swedish
- (2020-07-16) Patrick Fisk: This one really works and others not so well. You can see the URL change and take you to your intended site
- (2020-07-14) Mark van der Waarde: Great extension, but can be a bit overzealous in that it seems to break Stripe.js, which is unfortunate since it's a payment provider that's being used on a lot of sites: Took me a few hours before I figured out it was this extension that broke a call to https://js.stripe.com/v3/. I got an error that read "It looks like Stripe.js was not loaded correctly." I fixed it by choosing 'On specific sites' in settings and adding Google and Amazon.com manually. Figured I'd post this here for any other developer that comes across this in the future (probably me a few years from now :) )
- (2020-07-08) welt weit: Grossartig. Vielen Dank dafür.
- (2020-07-06) James Davis: Does what it says and seems to really clean things up in Chrome. Coupled with Click&Clean, browsing is now in good shape. Nice work!
- (2020-04-16) Sion Kazama: Basically, this is the only extension I can find, which actually works in the Chrome web store. Others can't work or will be in vain on some websites. Why only 26 ppl rate this extension? Should have more. Just use it, and contribute some rule suggestions on the support page after all if necessary.
- (2020-04-10) Tony Stank: 把正常的链接也阻挡了，导致网页浏览变卡
- (2020-04-07) IngrownMink4: I really liked. It's the best way to get rid of the trackers that are included in the URLs. In addition, it is open source (LGPL3), with which you can contribute and review the code. As I said, highly recommended!
- (2020-03-23) Frank DeNunzio: Glad I finally found this extension! ClearURLs is the only privacy extension I need in Brave after the update to v. 1.16.0! Bravo!
- (2020-02-28) Pi: Great extension. It works on removing UTM garbage on URLs and you'll get the real links.
- (2020-01-13) Manuel Silva: the best one. I tested a few. This works. The only extension thac can handle Aliexpress.com because it does the harder method: "tracking injection over history API (See also: The replaceState() method)". Thank you. You are a genius.
- (2019-12-24) Paul Dowsett: Useful extension.
- (2019-12-14) Cha Cha: I wish I had found this sooner. Works perfectly for Amazon, Google, and Facebook! Thank you!!
- (2019-11-01) Cam Seuss: Thanks for the extension! It's great!
- (2019-10-28) Anthony C: Thanks : Very usefull !!
- (2019-10-12) 凌离: Cause some bugs while using google search. ①Can't click the tab under the input box(all, images, videos, news, shopping……) unless I move the mouse on the icon next to the text —— only the icon can be clicked but not the text. ② in each search result item, can't click the link througn the title but can througn the url under the title
- (2019-10-02) cars x: this extension is awesome and does exactly what it says it does
- (2019-09-25) zubair ahmad: Thanks for the extension. Very underrated extension.
- (2019-09-13) Lecoin Names: the extension done a good job cleaning nasty url. great!
- (2019-08-19) Anna Silinskaya: Ctrl + click while searching in Google opens result in the current tab AND in the new tab. Also if the result marked as "Ad" it simply would not open. I turned it off for right now because of this bugs.
- (2019-08-19) Lea Verou: This extension broke Cmd+Click on Google results. Instead of opening the result on a new tab, it would both open it in the current tab AND a new tab. Took me days to figure out that it was this extension causing it and not some weird Google update. Thankfully, disabling it fixed it. Uninstalling :/
- (2019-08-03) aione: 有bug啊，鼠标滚轮点击网页会同时在新标签页打开一个，本页面再打开。 卸载就正常了，不知道是不是和我某个插件有冲突
- (2019-07-30) tito Salah: thank you very very much bro help me to delete stupid facebook track url from every link shared on facebook
- (2019-04-14) Lars Maier: Great add-on.