View untrusted websites in a separate Microsoft Edge browsing window to help protect your device from advanced threats.
Microsoft Defender Application Guard Extension protects your device from advanced attacks by redirecting untrusted websites to an isolated version of the Microsoft Edge browser. If an untrusted website turns out to be malicious, it remains within Application Guard's secure container, keeping your device protected. Microsoft Defender Application Guard Extension works with the following editions of Windows 10, version 1803 with latest updates or later: Windows 10 Professional Windows 10 Enterprise Windows 10 Education NOTE: If you're using Windows 10 in an unmanaged environment, you can use this extension to manually open untrusted websites in an isolated Application Guard session, but untrusted websites will not be redirected automatically. By installing this extension, you agree to the Microsoft License Terms below. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2038109
- (2023-06-05) Daniel Bator: Very good extension i love it.
- (2022-12-04) Jonathan Garcia: yeah this only works in Windows 10 Professional Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education and also you have to update this Windows 10, version 1803 or later to work
- (2022-10-05) GOO GCP007: is it for real MIcrosoft x.x.x. ? I had to reinstall it to be able to vote that questinable RootKit / Kernel Malware / Can be very very nice abused... Fairly the allow access to all URL's were set by myself. Microsofts Defender for Endpont assess this extension as flows ********************************* Application Guard Extension On List loaded 7 items View any GET/POST request & URL Medium Yes Block a GET/POST request Medium Yes Full history access (read, add, delete) High Yes Allows native programs that register with the browser to talk with extensions High Yes Can access current URLs and favicons High Yes chrome://favicon/* None Yes All URLs Critical Yes Permissions
- (2022-02-07) Mohammed Zuhair Alfaraj: Handy App But Doesn't Work In Earlier Verisons
- (2021-09-22) Róbert Valkai: device is not compatible
- (2021-07-25) Emanuel: This extension is useless for Windows 10 Professional as it doesn't automatically open untrusted webpages.
- (2020-10-08) Tom Mayfield: It's not enough to have installed the WDAG Optional Feature for this to work, you also need to install a "Companion" app from the Microsoft Store. There are too many moving parts, a real pain to roll out across an organisation.
- (2020-03-05) Zain Jamil: Icon is hard to see when browser is in light mode, please fix your icon. In dark mode it is perfectly fine. Thank you
- (2020-02-19) Martin Bilis: It is a wonderfull extention and it is really good for security
- (2019-12-16) G. Wayne Meaney: I have no idea how to use this. It's a button. A menu pops up and you can "Allow Microsoft to collect diagnostic data". That's it. What the hell is this for? I thought it would open Edge from within Chromium browsers. It does not. [EDIT: probably doesn't work for my version of Win10, which is not Enterprise Edition]
- (2019-07-15) Alexey Berman: Dont install, because it will affect almost all your browsing and in my case was "installed by administrator" on my private laptop and I couldn't easily uninstall it
- (2019-05-27) OutZero Z: Application Guard is not configured for your device....? It's really make sense that only windows can use this addon.
- (2019-04-23) Mathys G: Une protection à couper le souffle
- (2019-03-19) احمد ابوعبدالعزيز: اسوء اضافة من مايكروسوفت المفروض تركز على اخطاء الويندوز لديها ثغرات كثير ودائماً الويندوز به ثغرات وترقيعات وهذه الاضافة سوف تسسب اختراق للمتصفح لاانصح بها اول خيار للاضافة السماح لـ Microsoft بجمع البيانات التشخيصية 😫😫😫
- (2019-03-19) Frederik Niedernolte: It shouldn't block all websites from opening until everything is installed properly. In my case the extension was synced to an instance of Chrome that I am using on MacOS. There it doesn't make sense to use it at all.
- (2019-03-19) Richard: Just a button to open a normal isolated edge instance from within chrome. But besides that it's scanning every opened page by default and collecting "diagnostic data"...definitely not worth it, especially while "application guard" is still buggy and you can't just open a link in a new application guard window. Or even open an isolated instance of chrome rather than edge. So not really worth it
- (2019-03-18) Łukasz Baryła: Don't working
- (2019-03-17) Da Tube: So I trust Microsoft Team and Microsoft Apps over other Security apps, Hope this Extension does all what Anti-Virus Software do. and also 3 stars because the extension won't let you see the ups or the downs. it seems like it controls everything. you can not even stop sharing sensitive private data with Microsoft. but overall it seems reliable, and good extension from a great well known Company.
- (2019-03-16) ok
- (2019-03-16) Devon Timmerman: Very impressed with Windows and their developers. Very consistent
- (2019-01-31) Jaron Lundwall: Very good extension that allows you to use all the great functionality of chrome but still easily open a container from edge when you need it.
3.0 (29 votes)
Last update / version
2022-06-30 / 2.0.2206.23003