S.H.E. is taking the bias out of search.
Search “greatest engineers” or “greatest painters” and your results may not provide an accurate representation. Women are transforming the world every day, but cultural stereotypes distort their achievements and potential. These biases are being reflected in our search engine algorithms, affecting search results. That’s why Pantene created S.H.E. Search. Human. Equalizer. S.H.E. is a browser extension that transforms the way we search by helping remove some of the learned bias. S.H.E. operates in the search backend, filtering and repositioning results to yield more accurate representations. By using S.H.E. you can influence the way search engines work today, giving women’s transformations the visibility they deserve. While using the extension, you can flag a term that S.H.E. hasn’t equalized yet. This helps S.H.E. make updates and continue to help transform results and the world.
- (2019-11-05) Andrew Cameron: Taking advantage of ignorant people to bump your advertising... Nice. Extremely unethical. I'll be sure to point people away from your business in the future. Cheers. That's what you get for pandering to the lowest common denominator.
- (2019-06-03) Alexander Serbe: Keep making shampoos...
- (2019-05-19) Peter S: Useless chrome extension. They used fake results in their promo and promote pantene products with this garbage "filter"
- (2019-05-15) Travis W: All this extension does is pander to an audience unable to distinguish a terrible attempt at advertising and current unbiased web browsers...
- (2019-05-11) Geek Stuff Network: Useless and terrible. Barely even works.
- (2019-05-09) Abhilash Dhar: How to make sure you never get correct information about anything.
- (2019-05-07) Sylvian: This is just a propaganda machine disguised (poorly) as something that is supposed to improve equality.
- (2019-05-07) Dr Falcon: Total garbage playing on the victimhood mentality of women
- (2019-05-07) Markus Diehl: I searched for "perfect hair" and still did not find a picture of me. Obviously this extension is not working!
- (2019-05-06) Anna B: Well it is a garbage tool that pushes pantene ads, not worth your details and personal informations being leaked to a corportaion
- (2019-05-06) George García: This extension is simply a pantene free advertisement, disguised by political topic
- (2019-05-05) Fred Hagemeister: The most important reason to denounce this extension is that it forces many searches that relate to gender to return Pantene pages (for which the unadulterated Google search does not). Therefore, it is a veiled advertisement, and therefore, a deception. Beyond that, the whole reason for supposedly doing this is based on poor search engine usage. The Pantene ads show fraudulent searches and then uses a disclaimer of "simulated". Although I hope for a non-gender-biased world for my 3 daughters, I truly hope they never use this search engine to get such a fake view of the world.
- (2019-05-05) Juno Chun: To anyone seriously thinking that this is a good idea: They're just putting Pantene advertisements at the top of all your searches. Besides, if you wanted to search for an image of a school girl without it being sexual, google already has built in features for that. Google also has buttons below the search bar to make your searches more precise. Why are you all delusional? This is also just a feminist/SJW echo chamber, where the top results support a specific political ideology. The only people getting this and thinking it works are those naive enough to believe everything that is told to them. My experience with this add-on is terrible. Endless advertisements for Pantene products and the search results are actually LESS accurate! If you look up, "Greatest astronauts", the S.H.E add-on tries so hard to show equal males and female astronauts, that they put females who aren't even astronauts in the results! Less accurate searches, more advertisements for themselves and puts you in an even bigger echo chamber than google already does! Everything I don't want with a search engine put into a single application. Would not recommend.
- (2019-05-04) Sascha Tausend: This Chrome extension will monitor your search results for marketing purposes and it will push Pantene Products and possibly all Procter and Gamble products to the top of your google searches. Try searching for "great hair" with the extension on and off. https://i.imgur.com/UCB87G1.png Why does the extension only work on .com and .ca. This is racist and not inclusive at all!
- (2019-05-04) Sean Thompson: This extension is a marketing search result skewer. Without the addon if you search, through google, Pantene will not be the top result. When you enable the extension and search hair or hair products Pantene will now be the top result. Remember, installing this means Pantene can change the results you see in whatever fashion they want. They are a company don't buy into this and lose your privacy and freedom on the internet.
- (2019-05-04) Illustious 18: This extension claims to remove bias from search engine queries, however, whenever I search for anything hair related pantene.com is always the first result?? Does this extension actually introduce bias, rather than removing it?? Very disappointed, I had hoped that this extension would finally bring an end to the horribly unjust results that google currently gives and start treating everyone equally poorly. I do believe that this extension could bring significant difference to the world. Pantene, please consider updating and fixing your bias towards yourself, also if you updated more political terms I would consider updating my review! Let the world unite in 2020! Peace
- (2019-05-03) Mihael Fildstien: This is a publicity stunt for Pantene, Even if the idea it's founded upon was solid (Which it isn't) This practically doesn't work as advertised. It seems to work only for the **SPECIFIC** examples they provided. AKA 'Schoolgirls', 'greatest scientists' and so on... It doesn't even work with the phrase 'best scientists' (it gives the same results when the addon turned on or turned off). Anyone with a little background in tech can understand that an addon such as this is almost impossible without general A.I. At best they could tailor specific results for very specific and limited search terms (Which is what they did.) However the worst part of this addon is the idea itself. It reads as: "I don't like reality, therefore I want search results to cater to what I think reality should be." This is reminiscent of the Black Mirror 'Arkangel' episode where a mother implants her daughter with a device that literally prevents her from perceiving anything the mother deems 'dangerous'. This doesn't end well, nor is it a good idea.
- (2019-05-02) Kat V.: I tried searching before and after this and saw no difference in the results. Not sure when or how much I'm supposed to notice the difference.
- (2019-05-02) Reagan Garrett: If you type greatest engineers, the most famous ones are up there for a reason. Men did invent cars (Karl Benz) , computers (Charles Babbage), planes (the wright brothers), electricity (Benjamin Franklin), skyscrapers (William Le Baron Jenney), men also wrote the constitution. If you can find me contributions as impressive for women, and I'm sure there are some, such as kevlar, windshield wipers, flares, circular saws, and COBOL (one of the first modern programming languages). The bottom line is that men made inventions that changed society as a whole, and making windshield wipers is not exactly of the same level of impact.
- (2019-05-02) lily: Oh my goodness!!! So awesome!!! Whatever genius that came up with this, you're amazing!!! Great idea!
- (2019-05-01) Jade Kraut: Amazing. I've never thought of this, but although sexism is trying to be removed from many parts of the world, search engines, some of the most powerful tools or weapons, still carry ideas from decades ago. Great message, great function, overall great work!
- (2019-05-01) I am Arson: Pantene thank you! You're changing the world bit by bit! Recently I was drawing school girls and all i found was porn!
- (2019-05-01) Paola Henao Ceballos: Espectacular
- (2019-05-01) Zoe: It is absolutely insane how different the search results are, it is really eye opening knowing how much women have done, yet is not celebrated.