SFMC OBJECT FINDER
SFMC Object Finder Article - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sfmc-object-finder-1000-users-montu-pradhan/ Description ========= Users find difficult to track down a Object location from the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform. This extension would help users to search for a Object from the platform and display the exact location. This extension was earlier known as "SFMC DE Finder" - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sfmc-de-finder/iklnelohieefmkhaebamppkgcnamaekc Uninstall any existing Extension and add the latest extension with new objects being added Version #1.0 - Objects Supported ======================== --> Data Extensions --> Shared Data Extensions --> Classic Email by ID/Name --> Shared Classic Email by ID/Name --> Classic Content Area by ID/Name --> Shared Classic Content Area by ID/Name --> Classic Email Template by ID/Name --> Shared Classic Email Template by ID/Name --> Query Activities --> User Initiated Definitions --> Data Filter Definitions --> Automations Features ======= --> WildCard Search - You do not have to remember the exact name, any word provided would be looked up to search a DE containing the word. Search results would display results for the Object that has been selected. --> Extended Search - The list consists of Object Name, Object Location, MID (In which the Object Resides) --> Download Feature - Once the list is retrieved, you can download as CSV. Requirements ========== --> An active session of Marketing Cloud is needed. --> Stack is the number you see on the Marketing cloud URL (MC.<<StackNo>>.ExactTarget.com) If no stack number is displayed please select S1 from the dropdown. Version #1.1 ========= Added Stack 8 Version #1.2 ========= Added Stack 50 Version #1.3 ========= Added Automation folder search Version #1.5 ========= Added Stack 50 - Sub-Domain Version #1.6 ========= Added functionality to search by DE External Key Version #1.7 ========= Added Header and Footer. Improvised the Layout Version #1.8 ========= Fetch DE Fields Version #1.10 ========= Added Stack 11 Version #2.0 ========= Fixed the issue where users are seeing - "Error::You are not Authorized via Marketing Cloud. You should be logged in..." with latest versions of the Chrome Browser. Version #2.2 ========= Added Analytics to improve better areas within the extension.
- (2020-03-26) Zouhair Adardour: Dear Genius, Thank you VERY MUCH for this tool. It helps a lot in my job. I use it everyday. It's a huge time saver for me ! Thank You again, Zouhair
- (2020-02-19) Kevin Bos: Works great!
- (2020-01-29) Josefin: Makes my life SO much easier
- (2020-01-26) Jorn Koelma: Hi @Montu Pradhan, I like this tool. The only downside is thats its not working for all user roles. As an admin, i can make use of of this tool in my Chrome browser. But when i login with an Email Marketeer role (which has view, editing, etc. access to DE) it give me the error message: Error::User not authorized Even after I have update Chrome to the latest version and the User has all access to the DE. So which user settings should be updated, to make sure our users can make use of this great tool.?
- (2020-01-23) Jonathan Sabo: Fantastic, so helpful! Searches multiple BU's... perfect!
- (2019-12-10) Hari Govindan: awesome tool - this was always needed by SFMC, searching for DEs is a pain... sometimes doesn't display the path of a DE despite it being there and available in a parent business unit however. Most of the time though it does the job... thanks @montupradhan
- (2019-11-14) Javier Rodriguez: I'm afraid I can't make it work as I'm receiving: "Error::User not authorized" All the time despite me being an Admin user. @Montu Pradhan Any thoughts on what might be causing the issue? Thanks, J
- (2019-10-29) Juraj Resko: Literally a time saver!
- (2019-10-09) Sid Bakshi: Simple to use and effective. This tool works every time and has been a great help - reducing the time spent in finding DEs, fields or Queries. Great stuff
- (2019-09-27) paul taylor: Absolutely epic. Inherited a system with no filing structure whatsoever and this makes everything so much easier
- (2019-09-24) Daniel Vega: This extension is great! I need validate the security of this extension to use in a bank... Could you provide me more info? is with cookie and SSJS? Thanks!
- (2019-09-23) Angel Mendoza: Montu, thanks for creating this extension. Is there a way to look up for triggered sends?
- (2019-09-16) Christopher Lam: This is my everyday tool now. Helps a lot when tracing through systems and saves a lot of time. Well done Montu!
- (2019-09-05) Andrea Celedon: Very handy tool, much needed for the SFMC users out there. Great job Montu!
- (2019-08-15) Spencer Curtis: Fantastic extension. What permissions does a user need for this to work correctly? We have some users who have access to Data Extensions, but getting a not authorized error. Hoping you could help out.
- (2019-08-08) Felipe Diaz: Thank you so much, finding paths of object locations is crucial. Thanks Felipe Diaz
- (2019-07-11) Jerome Santos: Works like a charm. Thanks Montu!
- (2019-06-11) Laura Li: Saved me so much pain. Found the missing Data Extension I wanted!
- (2019-06-04) Michael Wong: @Vincent sorry ;) Awesome job Montu. Genius Level IQ right here
- (2019-06-04) Vincent Vuong: Awesome work Montu!
- (2019-06-03) Sundeep Kara: Very Very useful. Been waiting for a long time for something like this!
- (2019-05-30) Remus Joseph Victuelles: Great plug-in! Very helpful for locating hard-to-find objects.