A developer tools color theme inspired by the Material Theme UI plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.
This theme for the Chrome developer tools is meant primarily for IntelliJ IDEA users that use the Material Theme plugin, since it aims to bring the familiar color theme introduced by that plugin to the browser inspection tools. However, other users looking for an aesthetic change to their trusted tools are certainly very welcome to try this theme out, too. Instructions to enable this (or any third-party) theme may be found in the associated GitHub repository, which is linked in the overview of this extension. As mentioned, this theme takes inspiration from an IntelliJ IDEA plugin which you can find here: https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8006-material-theme-ui Please be aware that there is now an official Chrome Extension from the maintainers of the above-mentioned Material Theme plugin that can be found here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/material-devtools-theme-c/jmefikbdhgocdjeejjnnepgnfkkbpgjo
- (2019-09-25) Luciano Bonatti: I love material theme! Good work! thanks a lot.
- (2019-07-25) Evgenios Sochopoulos: This is great. Thanks.
- (2019-07-12) Jonathan Gregson: Don't forget that to use this you need to: 1) Go to chrome://flags/#enable-devtools-experiments 2) Set "Developer Tools experiments" to "Enabled" 3) Relaunch Chrome 4) Go to Chrome Dev Tools > Settings > Experiments and check "Allow custom UI themes" 5) Go to Chrome Dev Tools > Settings and set "Theme" to "Dark" 6) Restart Dev Tools
- (2019-06-20) Really well done, thanks!
- (2019-06-20) Barbu E: I like this
- (2019-03-27) The best devtools theme of all that listed in web store. Much obliged :3
- (2019-02-11) Elior Boukhobza: As the maintainer of the Material Theme UI for Jetbrains, I thank you for that. However some remarks: - First of all, I don't know why are there remnants of the Darker theme in the Oceanic one (#242424). You should use the Contrast color instead. - Also, you could allow to switch themes via an options panel, just like the plugin. If you managed to do that, I'll include this plugin in the documentation site and the README. Great work!
- (2019-01-21) Thomas Soler: This might be the best dark theme I have seen yet.
- (2019-01-07) Armin Windlin: Much better then default dark theme. Thank you sir.