Add shared music to your video calls.
This Chrome™ extension improves Google Meet™ adding the capability to listen to the same music in real time with the other call's participants. You can listen together to music directly from YouTube™, from a link to an mp3 file, or directly uploading from your local disk! PREMIUM FEATURE You can share the audio stream from any tab or window, even from other applications (Spotify, Discord, etc.)! Please note that EVERYBODY in the meeting must have the extension installed for it to work! HOW TO USE After installation, a new button will be added in your Google Meet™️ button bar. Clicking on that, the sidebar will open; in the "shared music" section you'll see an input box, where you can paste a YouTube™️ URL (also the video will be shown as per YouTube™️ policy), or a URL to an mp3 file, or upload the audio file from your PC. The music will be played simultaneously for the other participants, who can also regulate the volume or pause the music. Please check the "status" tab to see who's connected (this should happen automatically), only the connected users will be able to hear the music. If someone's missing from the list (and doesn't hear the music), everybody should refresh, this helps in the majority of cases. Bad connections or slow PCs can heavily affect the performance of the addon.
- (2023-02-14) Ignacio Lopezosa: Works and it's FREE
- (2022-10-13) Craig Brookes: I can't get this to work. I can't ask 30 people to download an extension.
- (2022-09-30) Miguel Ángel Gómez López: The extension does not work.
- (2022-08-03) Sarah Jones: When I pasted the link to a youtube video, nothing happened. I pressed enter, clicked on the random music icon and everything else that could be clicked on. Nothing worked. I also tried right clicking a video link on the google homepage and selecting the "play in music share" option as shown in the second picture and there was no effect. My sound is turned all the way up. I even logged into the meet with a second account and could here nothing from there. Lastly, with the extension plugged in, it seems to cover all of the other features of google meet, such as the collaborative whiteboard.
- (2022-04-06) Mary Vir Yap: Doesn't work
- (2023-08-03, v:2.0.7) Chengyu M (Maya): Other participant's control
When I'm sharing music, if someone doesn't like it, can they choose to mute the music or adjust volume just for themselves, without affecting other people?
- (2023-06-06, v:2.0.6) Kelsay Blair: Troubleshooting Needed
We both have it downloaded but when we click the bar in the right hand side is blank. Please help
- (2022-08-22, v:0.1.6) Ahmad Fares: Explain
I downloaded the extension but i have no idea how to use it can you make a tutorial