This extension inserts the Pesticide CSS into the current page, outlining each element to better see placement on the page.
In this version the banner at the bottom is off by default. To turn it on hold the control key. Be sure that you've "clicked" into the window otherwise the browser won't be able to tell that you're typing (that's just how browsers work). ** If you want to use this extension on local files (when the URL says file:// at the beginning) you need to go into your Chrome extension settings, go to the Details for the Pesticide for Chrome extension, and turn on the setting "Allow access to file URLs". This is a security setting from Chrome that is off by default. Pesticide is an open source CSS tool created by Adam Morse and available for download, forking on Github at https://github.com/mrmrs/pesticide You can follow me here: https://twitter.com/paulmolluzzo
- (2020-01-25) Josemaria Martinez: If you can't use it, go to Configuration -> More Tools -> Extensions -> Details -> Allow acces to file URL, and that's it you can use it
- (2019-12-14) Valentin Garcia: doesn't work. I thought it was my machine until i looked in the reviews and saw others had the same problem
- (2019-12-04) Ravindra singh: it is not working
- (2019-11-16) Ernest Mazurek: Nie waże ile razy wyczyszcze cache itd pesticide nie zadziala, żałość i tyle
- (2019-10-28) Amruth Nag: Amazing app!! Simply beautiful <3
- (2019-10-15) Michael Chaplin: Couldn't get it to work
- (2019-09-22) Dorothy Glade: This extension is really hit or miss for me. When it works, it's SUPER helpful. I wish it had never worked so I wouldn't be so upset when it won't. Holding down control on my Mac works for most pages but it won't work for my local files even though I have enabled that setting. I can't find any support for this extension either. If someone from Pesticide sees this, I need help!
- (2019-09-22) Adil Hussain: I thought this extension wasn't working until I normal clicked on the extension's icon in the Chrome Menu (as opposed to right-clicking and looking for options in there that is). Holding the control key did nothing (it didn't show the banner at the bottom).
- (2019-09-17) Emils Kurpnieks: You could add an option to change color of div borders, on blue theme based website, its hard to see those lines
- (2019-09-12) Amanda Koster: LOVE this extension. I am a front end engineer and use this all the time!
- (2019-09-06) Martín Leonardo Arce Saldaña: DOes not works
- (2019-09-04) Ivan Roman: Can't see what you're hovering on reddit.
- (2019-09-01) Alex Crocker: Love this tiny extension, I use it constantly for checking alignment and positioning of DOM elements!
- (2019-08-19) tj y: I hope this extension can use shortcut to active it and more custom options such as switch for show or not show the shadow when hover to a box
- (2019-06-01) Nia Daughtry: Awesome Extension: PLEASE READ TIP NOTE: You must go into the extension settings and allow pesticide to access local files otherwise it won't work until it is hosted somewhere. I had to track down the developer to figure it out. Hope this helps.
- (2019-05-27) Joseph Dance: Not working for local html files opened in chrome.
- (2019-05-19) Rajeev Kulariya: If you can't use this tool on Local HTML Files then you have to give permission called "Allow access to file URLs" to this extension . To do that, 1) Right click on Pesticide icon on top-right corner. 2) Click on Manage Extensions. 3) Now scroll down until you see an option called "Allow access to file URLs" and toggle it to turn it on. That's it! Now you can use this extension on Local HTML Files.
- (2019-05-18) Matthew Ellsworth: Would be nice if "file URLs" was on by default.
- (2019-05-14) James McDougall: This doesn't work at all.
- (2019-04-06) BugLexTwo: Excellent extension. Found out the reason for an anoying hidden overflow-x element within seconds of installation. Still works in 2019!
- (2019-02-27) its not working
- (2019-02-25) Casey Walton: Love it but wish that when you hovered over a box it would give you the dimensions.
- (2019-02-25) La mejor extensión para un desarrollador web
- (2019-02-12) J: i am a newbie here to practice csss. It works fine with online pages. but when i open files from local, it does not work! why?
- (2019-01-20) Depth Of Life: it is not work on my chrome brower