Lets you choose a font from the Google Font directory with a few text styling options, and preview them on the current tab.
Lets you choose a font from the Google Font API directory, and apply that font to the entire page or a specified CSS selector to see how it looks. Useful when you're designing a website and want to quickly find a font that will look good. If you always use the same fonts, you can star them for quick access.
- (2020-09-21) Pj but it’s not pj: i love it its like if you want a page that is font in bold or anything you can use this i love it
- (2019-02-27) Станислав Буценко: Не хватает фильтров по стилю шрифта (Serif, Sans Serif, Handwriting, Monospace), языкам/languages (Cyrillic, Latin) и популярности. Спасибо.
- (2019-01-17) Matt P: I feel this extension is misnamed. It is called a "previewer" but really it just provides an extension that lets you select fonts/settings from google fonts and generates the stylesheet link for you...you still need to then add that single <link> tag into your html to "preview" that font combo. As soon as you close the extension's window it loses all your settings and so you have to start from scratch each time...which is fairly useless. More useful would be an extension that automatically injected the font stylesheet into the page at the current tab. Let you specify a set of font selectors with different fonts/sizes/weights/letter-spacing/etc and had those dynamically applied to the page. Settings should be saved so you can tweak typography on real webpage over time until you find the font/setting combination you want to use and then export the settings. Something like that.
- (2018-12-17) Jessie Collins: Google Font Previewer for Chrome is newer & more precious than gold.
- (2018-09-07) registrierungs genervter: Very unstable.
- (2018-07-15) Barbara G: It only worked for awhile,then after closing my gmail and going back later the font is gone and has to be selected again :( Nice idea but it needs to work
- (2017-07-17) bwdude1: This would be super helpful, but there is one BIG problem. When you change between Tabs, it forgets all your settings about selectors and font and you have to start over. Also size and weight don't work. A bit halfassed right now, still usable to some extend.
- (2017-06-29) Kelsey Jones: Very difficult to read!
- (2017-05-04) Paul Pritchard: Good idea but useless without being able to choose from each fonts available weights
- (2017-04-20) Waylaid: Can be slow to scroll through the list but this plugin makes it so much easier to preview what your site will look like using a different typeface. Good job! As others had said, the ability to only show certain fonts would gain this a solid 5 stars.
- (2017-03-15) Claire C: it rocks!
- (2016-12-07) Geska Brecevic: Doesn't load when done installing...
- (2016-08-17) Electrode_Negative: doesn't open when done installing and the extension button doesn't do anything
- (2016-07-29) James Cote: Better than my Grandma's southern fried chicken.
- (2016-05-04) Matthias Winkelmann: The font filters are just inadequate for the amount of fonts google now offers (i. e. can't filter by serif/sans/mono/...). Also it sometimes just doesn't work.
- (2015-05-17) Ŧєภєรђтєђ ןคђคภgเภ: thank you
- (2014-11-19) Jenny Shen: Nothing happens when I pressed a button...
- (2014-11-17) good
- (2014-10-02) Alessio Pellegrini: Great, thank you very much!!
- (2014-08-17) Deanna Knitter: this app was totally useless to me!
- (2014-08-12) Людмила Милищук: Работает, но не совсем так, как хотелось бы: Во-первых, отклик после нажатия на иконку расширения порядка 5 секунд!!! Во-вторых, фильтр по языку (lanin, cyrillic..) не работает - список шрифтов не становится меньше. Было бы замечательно, если разработчик прислушается к отзыву. Спасибо.
- (2014-07-18) Mo Millis: It's ok. Does what it says. The scroll window freezes up and takes time to 'catch up'.
- (2014-07-04) Andrew Walker: Didn't work for me. Too bad. EDIT: I got it working. I needed to load the page from http:// instead of file://
- (2014-07-02) Stefan Kudwien: Only "*" seems to work as selector, which changes the font on all elements, but not e.g. "body". Useless.
- (2014-06-30) Anirudha Gupta: Good work Pamela, Here is better way to do it:- 1. don't load all fonts that I never want to use it myself. 2. search for font that I am searching for. Much better if you show me related font in same style or type. Now then apply so I can better scroll font (plugin windows). Make it better and don't load all fonts in list and I will gave 5 star rating. :) Good work! :)