A wrapper for Google Cloud Text-to-Speech that transform highlighted text into high-quality natural sounding audio.
You need to create your own API Key in order to use this extension (see the included video for help). Features: - Support for all WaveNet voices and languages (English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, 日本人, 한국어, Dansk, Polskie, Português, Pусский, Slovenský, Türk, Yкраїнський, Norsk, العربية, Čeština, Ελληνικά, Suomi, Filipino, हिन्दी, Magyar, Bahasa Indonesia, Svenska, Tiếng Việt and more...). - Shortcut to start speaking customizable through the following URL: chrome://extensions/shortcuts - Adjustable pitch and speed. - Ability to download selected text to an MP3 file. - SSML support
- (2020-07-25) WaiHow Chong: Thanks for creating this wonderful tool & best of all it's offered for FREE OF CHARGE! How great is that! Thanks to the development team! Google's WaveNet is probably the closest human-like voices we can get on the internet! Try it now & you won't regret it, its output quality amazes me!
- (2020-06-27) Salman Tahir: Could increase the quality of the downloaded files. Right now there is a noticeable difference in quality. 4 stars.
- (2020-03-18) Sales Audio Power Co., Ltd.: I've tried a lot of extensions and this one is the BEST
- (2020-03-02) Faruk F: Hi, is there any way to remove or change 5000 limit?
- (2020-02-27) Khelladi Oussama: Amazing joooooob thank youuuuuu, i have a question is there any way to integrate google cloud on android phone as a tts engine ?
- (2020-02-24) Phuong Phan: This's amazing. Let's enjoy your work. Thanks.
- (2020-02-18) Kostas K: I've never left another extension review despite using dozen for close to a decade. This extension is amazing.
- (2020-02-15) Qwerty: I love your chrome extention very much. and i am using it almost everyday by producing sentence to study dutch language. The reason i want to contact you is that i want to ask if it is possible to improve the mp3 quality? According to the documentation, 'The quality of the OGG_opus is considerably higher than MP3 while using approximately the same bitrate.' and The result will be a file which can be played natively on Android, and in browsers (at least Chrome and Firefox). so would you consider to improve the sound quality by adding OGG file output in the update ? let us know. here you can see the documentation: https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/docs/reference/rest/v1/text/synthesize?hl=nl#audioconfig
- (2019-12-21) Chris Banach: while the extension is great, when i try to open the downloaded MP3 in Adobe Premiere or Soundbooth or even Audacity, the file crashes. I get an "unsupported format or damaged file. the weird part is, as if the mp3 file itself changes because of the crash, because when i originally play it, it works well. then when i open it in Premiere Pro, it doesn't import it. But then, when trying to play it again, it plays random weird noises instead, like an audio tape playing accelerated or a disk scratch. the only workaround that bug i found is to first convert the file through an online audio converter (such as https://online-audio-converter.com thereby reducing the kbps for example to 192kbps. then you download the new file and voila! magically now your file is opened properly by Adobe apps an Audacity. Not sure what causes this bug, but it may have to do with my Nvidia graphic cards (i have two GeForce GTX 660 Ti configured through SLI), just an idea, because since my displays are spanned with surround, Nvidia doesn't recognize for example Audio from one of the two screens. anyway, fantastic extension, but it sucks to download mp3s i can't edit directly. a waste of time, but in the end i got it to work through my workaround.
- (2019-12-14) Odin: Great tool, much appreciated, is there anyway to remove the 5000 character limit set by google when converting to mp3?
- (2019-11-26) Robert Woeger: I appreciate WaveNet for Chrome very much on my Mac. I really need to be able to save lossless files for importing the WaveNet audios into my videos and into other projects. The current MP3 mono 24Khz 16 bit saved format is rather limiting for me. Is there any way you can save to FLAC or WAV or Apple Lossless file formats as a stereo file at 44.1kHz 16 bit audio instead of as a mono 24kHz 16 bit MP3 file, which really limits the audio quality that is saved? Thank You.
- (2019-10-14) Matti Suomenaro: Thank you for making this. It is an incredible accessibility tool!
- (2019-10-01) Arthur Bisle: 5000 characters limit for a single voice generation query (this limitation is set by wavenet, but a workaround could definitely be found if the author would like to find it). No playback button on the toolbar, only hotkey and right-click menu. Not hotkey for stop. And you must have got an API Key on WaveNet web site in the first place, which is not that easy but there's a pretty good guide helping you get through.
- (2019-09-24) PB M: Wonderful! Should add a shortcut to download Google API key costs money.
- (2019-09-13) DJay ': Easy to set up. Thanks for the YouTube Video how the get the API Key. Looking forward to you ongoing development. Thanks for the time you are investing and sharing.
- (2019-09-11) Dayn Wilkins: Fantastic extension! Just what we needed to generate audio for our e-learning projects! Many many thanks.
- (2019-09-09) phly95 :: Great extension. I wish I could input long text documents as well as download as a WAV or OPUS file.
- (2019-08-16) Miguel Ceja: This is, by far, the easiest way in which I've been able to get Wavenet audio as a downloadable file. I spent many hours last year trying to find an app that could do this. Thanks for the developer for such an amazing extension!
- (2019-08-15) Christian Lane: Works well, though I cannot get shortcuts to work. They simply don't work, anything I can try to fix it?
- (2019-08-12) Tim Faber: I rarely write reviews but in this case I'll make an exception: I simply love this extension! Leveraging the powerful Wavenet text-to-speech from Google, with this extension you can simply select text and have the computer read it out loud in a close-to-human fashion. A way to make this extension even better, would be to get rid of the 5.000 character limit.
- (2019-07-21) Zhou Peng: Very good. ^ ^
- (2019-06-24) E. Deybis Abril: Wow! Outstanding work! Thank you so much for making this! It gives the life, usability and practicality that Google's Cloud text-to-speech needs! Thanks again!
- (2019-06-21) Pedro Prosper: Thank you so much for this extension. I was looking for this for a long time. It's working perfectly and it's exactly what I want :) 5 stars
- (2019-06-07) Jamie Brown: I am blown away with how sweet this is! I do enjoy the AUS voices.
- (2019-05-25) Dan Honnen: After you have your API key, it just works! This is a simple extension that doesn't try to offer you a thousand poorly implemented features, rather, it presents it's core features devoid of any bloat or distractions. What a web it would be if more devs had the focus shown here. Excellent work good sir!
- (2020-09-05, v:2.0.1) KISA BİLGİLER: wave net for corume
wave net for corume anahtarı etkinleştirmek istiyorum
- (2020-07-04, v:2.0.1) Artemis Vouzouni: I cannot use it for reading comments in PowerPoint
I have not figured out how to use for my Powerpoint slides. I would appreciate your help!
- (2020-05-02, v:2.0.1) svenluebke: Shortcuts don't work
Hello, my problem is that the shortcut doesn't work STRG+SHIFT+S to read the text. This is really anyoing and comes with a lot of clicking. Can you do something about it?
- (2020-03-07, v:2.0.1) Kevin Levine: Issue Fetching voices
Good Morning, I keep getting a message to check my API, since it can't fetch the voices when I try to use the extension. I followed the video instructions, so not sure why it isn't working. Thank You.
- (2020-02-23, v:2.0.1) Justin Leon: Keyboard shortcut stop speaking
Hi. I use this for proofing my academic papers. Once I find a mistake, I correct it, but need to stop the text-to-speech engine. Using the right mouse context menu is cumbersome. Can we get a keyboard shortcut to stop speaking please? Thank you.
- (2020-02-20, v:2.0.1) Vasilios Golfinos: Can't easily preview voices
There appears to be no easy way to preview the many different voices from the extension itself before deciding on which one to use. Is there a plan to allow voice preview as I seen in other TTS apps?
- (2020-02-08, v:2.0.0) El Jefe: mp3 file problem
I have used your extension for awhile with no problem creating mp3 files so I think your latest update changed something or google has changed something on their end because the mp3 files will not play and sound editors cannot open them.
- (2020-02-03, v:2.0.0) Medical App: mp3 file empty/corrupted
Hello, None of the mp3 files I have downloaded using the wavenet extension are producing any sound. They all are about 270 kb but all appear empty. The extension plays/reads the highlighted text properly but can't seem to create a playable mp3 version of said text.
- (2020-01-30, v:2.0.0) Mateusz Kozłowski: Name of downloaded files
It would be great if there was an option to set a downloaded file name to the beggining of the spoke words, for example ("This is a text to read" would have a file ("This is a text.mp3")
- (2020-01-30, v:2.0.0) Henry Giesen: Downloaded MP3 files have no properties
It seems this was an issue you were working in 2019. Audacity and Windows Media Player don't recognize the downloaded MP3 files because their media properties don't exist.
- (2020-01-22, v:1.8.1) Mateusz Kozłowski: Shortcut for download
Is there a shortcut for mp3 download? Is see one for reading, but not downloading.
- (2020-01-01, v:1.8.1) zero k: Auto character count filter and multi-file downloading
I can see that your plugin it gives a warning for the 5k character count but is it possible to use this to auto separate large documents to meet the limitations and download the files after it does. I think I remember reading it can do up to 300 quires a minute.
- (2019-09-25, v:1.8.1) Ashutosh Tripathi: 5000 character limit.
Hello, Is there any way to suprass the 5000 character limit? Awesome app though!
- (2019-09-20, v:1.8.1) HY POON: New Languages
How can we use the new voices that are updated by Google? For example, Mandarin from China. Also, is that possible to include non wavenet voices and option to download as wav?
- (2019-09-11, v:1.8.1) Hasse Hall: SSML
What is the best way to use SSML in a WordPress page so it can be read correctly? I need important pauses and abbreviations.
- (2019-09-09, v:1.8.1) phly95 :: Only MP3 download?
Could you offer WAV download as well please? The MP3 sounds harsh compared to a wav I generated manually. Also, it would be very helpful to autosplit at 5000 characters and download either a combined audio file or a bunch of numbered files that can be used in a VLC playlist.
- (2019-09-06, v:1.8.1) robertoamarillas: No spanish?
Hello, amazing extension, but, there is no spanish? how come!
- (2019-08-20, v:1.8.1) Patrick Taylor: Options page is blank
Hello I'm trying to access the options page as I want to adjust the speed of speech and get a blank page every time. Any ideas? Thanks Patrick
- (2019-08-15, v:1.8.1) Christian Lane: Google Docs and shortcut key probelm
Does this work with google docs? I don't get the right click context menu option in Docs. Also, is there any troubleshooting for shortcuts keys not working? Thanks
- (2019-06-05, v:1.6.1) Lorant Boros: SSML tag to use multiple user voices.
Hello, I would like to know if there is an SSML tag that could be used to change the speakers voice. So say, is there a voice tag that could be used to markup the headlines of a literature to be read by one voice and the rest of the text by a different voice please?
- (2019-04-28, v:1.6.1) Lorant Boros: SSML
Hello, Would you be able to advice me on how to use the extension with the SSML features please. So far I have been unsuccessful in figuring it out. If I feed the code directly through the browser eg. inserting the desired text that has been marked up into a text box in the web browser, the text will be read out as is including the mark up code?