Get source .crx extension file of any Chrome extension
Instantly get .crx source file of any free Chrome extension via right click context menu.
- (2019-08-12) Артем Дробин: Спасибо большое. Это самое лучшее расширение из всех.
- (2019-05-25) Star Pomepy: Thank you very much! I enjoy it!
- (2019-05-07) GuoDong Lin: new version (chrome >64) get crx can not install in old version(chrome < 60)
- (2019-05-03) ирина ов: благодарю отличное расширение!
- (2018-11-06) best
- (2018-10-01) it's don't working
- (2018-07-21) Tony Roger: Hi Team, 2 issues with the latest version(Version: 1.22): 1. it saves the name in the format of "extension_version.crx", i tried 3 different extensions, all share the same issue, though i noticed in the User Reviews that it has the format of the extension name already, so i don't know why it doesn't function as expected. 2. it can't save the "try & paid" extension, it only show "main" as the file name after i click the "Get CRX of this extension" in the context menu of the extension page(i've tried several times of this operation), so there's the dismatch with what advertised "Instantly get .crx source file of any Chrome extension via right click context menu.", "any"? i doubt about this word. you can test this point by this paid extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mint-date-range/ndgpkdndeiehpgihohneegnmcdflpbmd?hl=en-US Thanks for possible improvement.
- (2018-07-06) Philippe Ross: Very useful for updating extensions. For some reason, some combination of Chrome and the Web Store sometimes take days to push extension updates after they're published, even if I go in developer mode and push the button to check for updates. This extension allows me to get the Chrome Web Store validated files and update the extensions myself.
- (2018-06-01) Shawal Khan: very useful I really love this extension
- (2018-01-16) Kenan T.: Kesinlikle çok iyi. Chrome eklentilerini indirip saklayabiliyorum. Hatta benden eklenti isteyen arkadaşlarıma yolluyorum.
- (2017-12-30) Gautam Kabiraj: Awesome! Works as said
- (2017-08-02) Yin Cognyto: Very useful if you want to keep specific versions of the extensions you use. Also if you want to look at the source code, to see how things get done.
- (2017-06-20) Umar Mobiles: Its very helpful to use extension on offline computers.
- (2017-05-01) 유태종: Why did I delete old version of ARC Welder!!!! I hate myself
- (2017-04-30) Mak Lu: Please make in the settings - add the version of the downloaded crx plugin to the end of the downloaded file. Thank you, the plugin is super!
- (2017-04-26) G. Nius: Thanks for this it's great.
- (2017-04-23) Kowith Singkornkeeree: This better than older version because it's instantly load the CRX file(s) directly without extra step to manually right click and save (and it's also show the nagging VPN promo), that's why I don't like an old one.
- (2017-04-20) Paul Heil: Works as advertised
- (2017-04-03) Abuhena Sobuj: Save as filename should be Extension title.
- (2016-11-04) Jimbo Jim: Can you edit so downloaded CRXes are named according to checksum and/or URL name and/or display name?
- (2016-11-04) Tester Games: Hello Adam! First thank yoy for release safe version Get CRX without malware. I've got 2 ideas: 1) could you delete the string "<script src="jquery-2.2.4.min.js"></script>" from background.html? It's the link to old base, it may be deleted. 2) could you add Russian translation to the extension? If you send me the original strings I would send the translation back to you for adding.
- (2016-10-29) Richard Hoefer: All I get in my downloads folder are partial downloads, such as: Unconfirmed 423437.crdownload You commented at the page for "Give Me CRX" that THAT code was malicious. And you gave this link to your so-called safe extension. So why does it not download the current CRX file?
- (2019-03-22, v:1.22) NOT LETTING ME IN
it wont let me in this is a bad app hmph
- (2019-03-21, v:1.22) Dave Saeger: Chrome 73 denies CRX2
Chrome 73.0.3683.75+ requires that externally loaded (registry or drag-n-drop) CRXs use version 3 of the file format. This extension download only CRX 2 format, because of prodversion=32 in the URL. I suggest to always set prodversion to the one from navigator.userAgent. https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/1422593
- (2018-05-03, v:1.22) יוני פיניש: זה לא מוריד
מתקבלת שגיאה : InvalidFilename
- (2017-08-10, v:1.22) blocked by administrator
it wont let me get it
- (2017-05-12, v:1.22) Its blocked
- (2017-05-08, v:1.22) Tester Games: Russian translation
Here is Russian translation: 1) Main menu point: Get CRX of this extension ------------------------------------------------------------ Получить файл CRX этого расширения 2) Description in Chrome Web Store: Get source .crx extension file of any Chrome extension "Give me CRX" is now hiding code in an icon file that runs a script on every page you visit. I have removed all unnecessary code and uploaded a safe version here. Instantly get .crx source file of any Chrome extension via right click context menu. ----------------------------------------------------------- Получение исходного файла любого расширения для Chrome в формате .crx В расширении "Give me CRX" в файле иконки был найден скрипт, запускаемый при посещении каждой веб-страницы. Это безопасная версия, из которой данный код вырезан. Скачайте исходный файл любого расширения для Chrome в формате .crx, щелкнув правой кнопкой и выбрав пункт в контекстном меню.
- (2017-04-27, v:1.21) Translate Select and Translate
Error: Failed saving Instant Translate: Select and Translate.crx:Invalid filename
- (2017-04-20, v:1.20) Mike Frysinger: switch to runtime optional permissions
could you switch from using "permissions" to "optional_permissions" ? it lowers the friction/scary factor of initial install, and you can request access only when needed. and you could integrate messaging if you wanted to make things clearer to the user. https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/permissions
- (2017-04-20, v:1.20) Mike Frysinger: overview should describe permissions
trying to install this now requires access to downloads & browsing history. it would help if the overview page explained why these permissions are now necessary. i know it's because you're asking for "tabs" in order to access the title field and that's how Chrome bubbles permissions, but it doesn't change that the Chrome prompt is confusing: why would it possibly need history to download a file ?
- (2016-12-20, v:1.11) D H: Unable to review
Chrome and my anti virus apps won't allow your extension to be loaded due to 'This extension includes malware.' So when I go to leave a review on the Chrome Web Store, it says 'Load ext to leave review.' So not only can I not review it, but it can't load, and seems locked, unable to be deleted - stuck or broke? Will keep trying.