Adds a mouse position tooltip, with its x and y coordinates. Also measures areas of regions.
Note local files: In the extension details you have to explicitly tell chrome that you want to "Allow access to file URLs". see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8pf38ifgUM for the steps This extension adds a mouse position tooltip, with its x, and y coordinates. It also allows you to measure area dimensions by dragging the cursor, like a pixel ruler. As an option, you can set the triggering action for measuring areas to be the keyboard shift key (hold down *shift*, move mouse and hold up *shift*). This avoids the browser selecting things when you try to measure. It also prevents other default mouse behaviours, like scrolling when you are dragging your cursor. Noted issues: It should work after install, but the web is complicated. try refreshing the page if things do not work right away. Iframes, usually ads, will look like another page and the parent page will lose track of coordinates. Please send me feedback, I would appreciate it. ---------- version 1.2.4 Add a long format option to display info in multiple lines. ----------- version 1.4 extend to file urls, needs explicit permission from the user
- (2019-12-06) Sultan Mahmud: Thanks for creating this awesome tool. First time it can't work locally. Then I go to extension details and "Allow access to file URLs". Now it's working :)
- (2019-06-27) D: Werkt perfect!!!
- (2019-06-22) MikeLime: asfadsf
- (2019-05-26) yogesh nune: It doesnt work :(
- (2019-03-12) Ebram Wissa: This ain't workin son
- (2019-02-26) Allendy Valdez: Esta muy buena la extension y bastante sencilla pero no he logrado hacer que me funcione correctamente sobre archivos pdf, seria bastante util que agregues esa funcionalidad.
- (2019-01-17) David Silva: Don't work ! Google Chrome is up to date Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-09-04) Romy Haacke: Funktioniert nicht auf allen Seiten
- (2018-07-19) Jesslyn Nathania: It worked but didn't work perfectly. Hopefully you can get this tool updated.
- (2018-07-14) E M: Does not work on html files loaded locally.
- (2018-07-09) HieRe Rendy: it doesnt worked
- (2018-06-23) User Name: This is a great tool. Just works and gives all the required information. Thank you for such a helpful tool.
- (2018-04-08) Tony Campos: It doesn't work
- (2018-01-15) Vishal Sharma: great job!
- (2017-11-27) Kerry Rogers: This is just great. Well done. Wonderful extension.
- (2017-09-13) Matin Fouladinejad: Doesn't work for me. I clicked on the extension and the tooltip doesn't show up. When i went to edit settings for the extension i did see the tooltip. So I don't know why it doesn't work on a webpage.
- (2017-09-04) Raimondas Onsovič: Good
- (2017-06-07) William Hong: This needs an allow access to file URLs option otherwise it is useless when trying to use it for developing local websites.
- (2017-05-23) Manoj Kumar: Not working as mentioned in description. It just show the pointer position in tooltip.
- (2017-01-19) Jason Howell: Very nice. Did exactly what I needed, no more, no less.
- (2016-12-15) Matteo Raggi: it works onchromium 51, raspbian 8 of raspberry very well
- (2016-10-16) Hernando Jaramillo: Great useful for developers
- (2016-10-08) would be helpful if it could show also the actual screen coordinates, with zero point the top left corner of the monitor
- (2019-10-03, v:1.4.1) Andrew Pawson: Your extensions breaks my extension 🤪
Due to the fact that you are setting "all_frames": true (https://github.com/Evaw/coordinates/blob/master/src/manifest.json#L15), your extension injects DOM elements into ALL frames on a given page (including those that are dynamically created by other extensions). We've resolved by instructing users to uninstall your extension, but thought you might want to know....
- (2018-12-05, v:1.4.0) Yuval Zohar: Error in console when html has <object> tag
When I load a page which has <object> tag I see an error in the console: content-script.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'position' of undefined at b (content-script.js:1) at content-script.js:2 at Object.<anonymous> (content-script.js:9) at l (content-script.js:1) at content-script.js:1 at content-script.js:1
- (2018-06-25, v:1.3.0) Kostik Dos: Hi
I liked your extension;) I want to buy it. I'm ready to offer a fair price. My mail: [email protected]
- (2018-03-31, v:1.3.0) Gavin Henson: cant download anything!
every time i download a extension (and only a extension)it says almost immediately that ¨download was interrupted¨
- (2017-05-30, v:1.2.5) Cloudy Wolf: Given a setting not always show the mouse position
Please give an option to set toggle the mouse position visibility
- (2017-01-27, v:1.2.2) Jesse Gilbride: Format the coordinates tooltip
Instead of showing the sets of x-y coordinates on a single line, I suggest putting them each on their own line and with a label. I would also suggest putting the viewport numbers first, because that's what most designers/developers are interested in. Example: 406, 134 (view port) 408, 726 (page) 625, 331 (screen)