Adds a mouse position tooltip, with its x and y coordinates. Also measures areas of regions.
Note local files: In the extension details you have to explicitly tell chrome that you want to "Allow access to file URLs". see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8pf38ifgUM for the steps This extension adds a mouse position tooltip, with its x, and y coordinates. It also allows you to measure area dimensions by dragging the cursor, like a pixel ruler. As an option, you can set the triggering action for measuring areas to be the keyboard shift key (hold down *shift*, move mouse and hold up *shift*). This avoids the browser selecting things when you try to measure. It also prevents other default mouse behaviours, like scrolling when you are dragging your cursor. Noted issues: It should work after install, but the web is complicated. try refreshing the page if things do not work right away. Iframes, usually ads, will look like another page and the parent page will lose track of coordinates. Please send me feedback, I would appreciate it. ---------- version 1.2.4 Add a long format option to display info in multiple lines. ----------- version 1.4 extend to file urls, needs explicit permission from the user
- (2021-03-12) Loser Life: Tool works great I found this tutorial for how to make it work on local files for anyone struggeling :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8pf38ifgUM
- (2020-12-28) Anthony Morassutti: Good tool. I like it. Wish it was open source but that's personal taste. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS :D
- (2020-12-21) Shaurya Misra: Exactly what i needed:)
- (2020-11-13) 愛自在: Amazing! Works great! (I'm using Chrome 86.0.4240.193_64bit) Thank you soooooooooooo much! This extension is a cool solution to a big problem (locate the page coordinates).
- (2020-11-07) Thomas Faure: don't work
- (2020-10-23) mix gradient: working! And it even remembers urls for me!
- (2020-09-20) Eclypse Spectra: It Works Perfectly! though, I would give it a 5 star review, if only there was an option that allowed you to look at the coordinates in a corner of the screen. it is very annoying to look all around when gaming, and i installed this so people don't keep assuming I auto click. see, im guessing that if i DID have autoclickers or some cheat like that, the coordinates would go bouncing all over the place. however, if the mouse was all over the place, and the coordinates were with the mouse, then it would probably be hard to see, and like i said, very annoying to look at your own mouse and see a big white rectangle. please add this feature, untill then, for me this is 4 stars.
- (2020-08-19) ContentMan69: Works perfectly! Just gotta restart chrome first
- (2020-06-23) Planet Dilien: You would have to go into the settings to set it to long view every time you turn chrome off. Also it doesnt update when you scroll you have to wiggle your mouse. other than that its perfect.
- (2020-03-25) Sebas Barros: Doesn't work all the time, but most of the time it does.
- (2020-02-14) Sean Baker: It actually worked. Thank you!!
- (2020-01-18) Vishnu Krishnaprasad: works as mentioned!
- (2019-12-06) Sultan Mahmud: Thanks for creating this awesome tool. First time it can't work locally. Then I go to extension details and "Allow access to file URLs". Now it's working :)
- (2019-06-27) D: Werkt perfect!!!
- (2019-06-22) MikeLime: asfadsf
- (2019-05-26) yogesh nune: It doesnt work :(
- (2019-03-12) Ebram Wissa: This ain't workin son
- (2019-02-26) Allendy Valdez: Esta muy buena la extension y bastante sencilla pero no he logrado hacer que me funcione correctamente sobre archivos pdf, seria bastante util que agregues esa funcionalidad.
- (2019-01-17) David Silva: Don't work ! Google Chrome is up to date Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-09-04) Romy Haacke: Funktioniert nicht auf allen Seiten
- (2018-07-19) Jesslyn Nathania: It worked but didn't work perfectly. Hopefully you can get this tool updated.
- (2018-07-14) E M: Does not work on html files loaded locally.
- (2018-07-09) HieRe Rendy: it doesnt worked
- (2018-06-23) Rayyan Merchant: This is a great tool. Just works and gives all the required information. Thank you for such a helpful tool.
- (2018-04-08) Tony: It doesn't work
- (2018-01-15) Vishal Sharma: great job!
- (2017-11-27) Kerry Rogers: This is just great. Well done. Wonderful extension.
- (2017-09-13) Matin Fouladinejad: Doesn't work for me. I clicked on the extension and the tooltip doesn't show up. When i went to edit settings for the extension i did see the tooltip. So I don't know why it doesn't work on a webpage.
- (2017-09-04) Raimondas Onsovič: Good
- (2017-06-07) William Hong: This needs an allow access to file URLs option otherwise it is useless when trying to use it for developing local websites.
- (2017-05-23) Manoj Kumar: Not working as mentioned in description. It just show the pointer position in tooltip.
- (2017-01-19) Jason Howell: Very nice. Did exactly what I needed, no more, no less.
- (2016-12-15) Matteo Raggi: it works onchromium 51, raspbian 8 of raspberry very well
- (2016-10-16) Hernando Jaramillo: Great useful for developers
- (2016-10-08) would be helpful if it could show also the actual screen coordinates, with zero point the top left corner of the monitor
- (2020-11-15, v:1.4.1) Jim Hubbard: Great extension - but what about pixel color?
Could you add the color of the pixel the mouse is over? Perhaps give a setting for hex or rgb colors? If you are feeling really crazy, what about the class id of the object that the mouse is over as well?
- (2020-05-30, v:1.4.1) Oleg Sherbakov: Coordinates
hi, how to make it always enabled on every page? packed js source code was too entangled and it was time consuming for me to figure out , why to pack in the first place? with regards, oleg
- (2019-10-03, v:1.4.1) Andrew Pawson: Your extensions breaks my extension 🤪
Due to the fact that you are setting "all_frames": true (https://github.com/Evaw/coordinates/blob/master/src/manifest.json#L15), your extension injects DOM elements into ALL frames on a given page (including those that are dynamically created by other extensions). We've resolved by instructing users to uninstall your extension, but thought you might want to know....
- (2018-12-05, v:1.4.0) Yuval Zohar: Error in console when html has <object> tag
When I load a page which has <object> tag I see an error in the console: content-script.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'position' of undefined at b (content-script.js:1) at content-script.js:2 at Object.<anonymous> (content-script.js:9) at l (content-script.js:1) at content-script.js:1 at content-script.js:1
- (2018-06-25, v:1.3.0) For Videos: Hi
I liked your extension;) I want to buy it. I'm ready to offer a fair price. My mail: [email protected]
- (2018-03-31, v:1.3.0) Gavin Henson: cant download anything!
every time i download a extension (and only a extension)it says almost immediately that ¨download was interrupted¨
- (2017-05-30, v:1.2.5) 炒米粉: Given a setting not always show the mouse position
Please give an option to set toggle the mouse position visibility
- (2017-01-27, v:1.2.2) Jesse Gilbride: Format the coordinates tooltip
Instead of showing the sets of x-y coordinates on a single line, I suggest putting them each on their own line and with a label. I would also suggest putting the viewport numbers first, because that's what most designers/developers are interested in. Example: 406, 134 (view port) 408, 726 (page) 625, 331 (screen)