Tool to automatically grab data from sites
Automatically grab sets of data from websites and download it as a CSV or JSON file. Basically, a small extension that acts as a screen scraper and lets your easily scrape data from a website. Let's say you have a website with: <div class="foo"> <span class="name">Joe</span> <span class="city">Seattle</span> <img src="profilepic.png"></img> </div> <div class="foo"> <span class="name">Jean</span> <span class="city">Austin</span> <img src="profilepic_i.png"></img> </div> <div class="foo"> <span class="name">Ben</span> <span class="city">Boston</span> <img src="profilepic_asbfdsi.png"></img> </div> Grab all that data by selecting ".foo" and then make columns for ".name", ".city", and the "src" attribute of "img". Enjoy your screen scraping!
- (2019-05-31) Kazumasa Toyama: Lack of Documentation
- (2018-08-05) David Ramírez: It does not work. Documentation please.
- (2018-07-16) Gjei Slate: worse
- (2018-03-01) Jami Chowdhury: Not working. Its a Scam
- (2018-02-17) Sohan Das: Awesome tool! Saved my hours of work, Thanks for this awesome scraper!!! And for those who can't use it i suggest that first learn html and css.
- (2017-12-12) Jeff Roginsky: No Documentation
- (2017-10-13) Pete Pane: No documentation. Video is worthless. Too bad they spent all the time creating it and it is unusable because they didnt document.
- (2017-07-09) Mostafizur Setu: I have addedit but it doesn't show on my top right corner so I can't use it.
- (2017-04-03) Manir Madhu: great app for improving myself
- (2017-04-03) Umme Hasina Shamapti: great app for improving myself
- (2017-01-05) ferdousi aleja: best app... loved it
- (2016-10-06) Cesar Morillas Barrio: I would like an option for saving the CSS columns selectors for whatever page and have the ability to delete them on per page basis. Now, I don't know which urls have parameters configured.
- (2016-09-14) Austin Relle: Extra ! Best scraping Extension. With ScreenScraper for element extraction, and the extension EmailDrop for email extraction, i'm ready to scrap as a pro
- (2015-09-30) Richard Switzer: Terrible documentation. Jesus man put SOME effort into explaining how this thing works.
- (2015-07-04) Forhad Rasel: Nice One. Thanks
- (2014-08-26) Emko: The documentation is pretty bad. How about better instructions?
- (2014-02-22) Zubair Khan: Provide more info will be make great this tool
- (2013-11-11) David Radovanovic: Simple interface with helpful video instructions
- (2013-08-27) Jerry Bowley: As already stated, complete lack of documentation makes this extension unusable for average users.
- (2013-08-08) Mike Weston: Lack of documentation makes it difficult for use. Otherwise, it is a great tool.
- (2013-07-31) Ron Price: More examples would be helpful.
- (2013-07-20) Graeme Glenn: Lack of Documentation and examples make it unusable for average users.
- (2013-06-20) Luigi Massa: consiglio a tutti. ottima e ben fatta
- (2019-04-12, v:0.3.1) Lachlan McDermid: Download Contain No Data
Hi, Loving this so far, can see it being very useful however when i download the CVS or JSON the column headers are there but not data at all. Is this an easy fix? I am on a HP running Windows 10 (If that helps at all) Cheers, Lachy
- (2018-10-09, v:0.3.1) Amit Kumar: Screen Scraper not working Fine
I am not able to download the SERP results.
- (2016-05-24, v:0.3.1) Shane Staats: Paid Help
Hi, Looking for a Chrome extension to save this value to a website. Wondering if you can help or have suggestions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcGBuiLLJXU I was using a python script to scrape but now they use two factor login so I think I need to do it from the browser.
- (2015-12-09, v:0.3.1) Automation
Is there a way to store data with timestamps and export at the end of the session ?
- (2014-09-04, v:0.3.1) Andrés Navarro: Not working well in MAC, not working at all in Windows
In MAC download crashes the extension In Windows it does not work at all, no text/html/atribute are selected at all
- (2014-05-30, v:0.3.1) Shadowtricks: Downloads broken
Downloads arn't working as they used to, trying to download CSV all I'm getting is a download file called download with no file extension, I believe a recent Chrome update has broken this.
- (2013-07-19, v:0.3.1) Girish Ranade: Data Selection
Hi - I am trying to get to some data in a page and for the most part it it doing it correctly, but there is some nested data that I am having trouble with. div class A div class B div class C div class D i class /i </div D> <meta itemprop="Value" content = "5.0" <span class=E>6/2013</span> </div C> </div B> </div A> I am trying to get to the 5.0 ; I have already retrieved the 6/2013