Allows you to make specified domains STAND OUT or DISAPPEAR from Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing, and StartPage search results.
Google Search Filter - improving your search results since 2012! Changelog 2.1.6 added support for StartPage 2.1.5 fixes filtering on Google News 2.1.0 easily create filters directly from search results 2.0.0 reduced permissions, improved syncing, external filters, support for all searches (images, videos, news included), and initial support for DuckDuckGo and Bing. 1.0.11 bugfix 1.0.10 improved performance 1.0.9 far more efficient and now compatible with Firefox 1.0.6 syncing is working again (SSL'd connection to sync server) 1.0.5 updated to support new version of Google Search 1.0.4 added support for https://encrypted.google.com/ 1.0.3 significant performance improvements 1.0.2 added support for Google Instant About Google Search Filter This extension is mainly targeted at developers who run API or problem focused searches over and over again. There are usually a handful of sites whose results we prefer, and a handful of sites whose results are poor or worthless. Google Search Filter allows you to specify (in developer-friendly fashion) sites whose results you would like see highlighted and sites whose results you never want to see. In case you use multiple installations of Chrome, this extension allows you to sync your configuration across all installations. Here is a sample configuration: # Make these domains stand out in results +en.wikipedia.org +stackoverflow.com +github.com +api.rubyonrails.org # SPAM - never show these results experts-exchange.com # Pull filters from external source @https://clobapi.herokuapp.com/default-filters.txt To avoid littering the GUI with buttons, the Google Search Filter button only appears when running searches on Google. THIS EXTENSION IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH GOOGLE
- (2020-09-04) matthew johns: First of all, just wanted to say that I LOVE this extension, I used it for ages back when I actually used Google... Then I started using DuckDuckGo and unfortunately you did not provide support for it at that time so I regretfully stopped using it.. Jump forward to now, I am using Startpage nowadays because it uses Google's superior search results without Google's invasive tracking. For some time I have been putting up with occasional bad results until just now when one pushed me enough to search for the glory that was/is this extension but for Startpage... Does not exist as far as I can tell though sadly :.(.... Would you be willing to add Startpage support? It is virtually the exact same as Google... Looking forward to good news :), otherwise keep up the excellent work.
- (2020-08-29) G. Sa: Currently does not work.
- (2020-08-06) Cameron Swen: Doesn't work with Google News feed
- (2020-07-28) Tadas Karpavičius: Exactly what I was looking for!
- (2020-07-19) obulks: 终于可以屏蔽百度知道和csdn的搜索结果了👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
- (2020-07-16) Сергей Смушков: В google поиске не работает
- (2020-06-27) Juanne Coetzee: I've been using this tool for YEARS
- (2020-03-23) Robert Irelan: Can't find a link to file a bug, but this extension doesn't appear to work on the current version of the Google Search results page.
- (2020-02-21) Leo B: Works, but is lacking two features: Regular Expressions, and filtering out the domains from Ads too. Example: Search for "sting tour 2020". I don't want to see anything from viagogo, not in the Ads, and not from any of their .ie, .co.uk, .be and whatnot domain...
- (2020-02-08) Cody Barnson: Its great. Super simple, exactly what I was looking for.
- (2020-01-23) Yuto Tokunaga: Vital extension
- (2019-12-31) 兆軒蕭: This extension is very helpful. For Taiwanese, many of us search in Traditional Chinese and don't like any web content from China (which comes in Simplified Chinese). However, Google NEVER listen to our needs and NEVER help us filter out those content. You just help us in a pretty simple and efficient way. Nice work!
- (2019-12-22) ismail belli: exactly what i wanted thank you
- (2019-09-22) Stefano Maroni: Al momento - settembre 2019 - l'estensione funziona perfettamente. Posso evitare che nelle mie ricerche compaiano i soliti siti pieni di fuffa generica e quelli che vorrebbero che disattivassi adblock (legittimo per loro impedirmi di procedere, legittimo per me evitare che mi riempiano le pagine di ricerca).
- (2019-08-16) Warmuser: Finally! These extension works perfectly!!! It's Amazing for occulting some annoying websites on the Google search pages.
- (2019-08-01) 半仙: Best filter ever.
- (2019-06-26) Michel Palacios: Últimamente no funciona. La desinstalé, la volví a instalar y no me deja acceder a la configuración, me aparece como sombreada y no me deja pinchar en ella para configurar los dominios a resaltar
- (2019-06-26) leepton hais tee: finalmente grazie a questa estensione riesco a omettere dalla ricerca i libri , alibaba, ecc eccezionale per me
- (2019-05-13) Snow Man: Works exactly as described. Brilliant way to stop sites you never want but always see in the search results.
- (2019-05-07) Jeffrey Miller: Doesn't actually work. Just lets you set permissions for what sites it can read results on, there's no actual way to open and customize your filters.
- (2019-03-26) Malachi Davis: Only rating because I can't ask a question without doing so. I can highlight search results with + but can't seem to filter out any results. I have tried different combinations of # SPAM, -, spacing and anything else I can think of. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! P.S. I'd gladly give this Extension 5 stars if the filter out function works.
- (2019-03-16) Vitalijs Komarovs: Есть пара неудобств, но всё работает! 1. Окно открывается только на странице поиска, на конкретном сайте не откроется. 2. Заблокированный вами сайт всё равно будет появляться в шапке поисковой страницы. Поэтому, я просто прибил шапку при помощи AdGuard. Немного неудобно, но буду надеяться что плагин разовьётся и научиться фильтровать и шапку.
- (2019-01-23) Karios Kasra: Helpful in filtering out notoriously garbage websites from search results. Google abandoned their version but this one works better.
- (2019-01-04) Vari on: It's not filtering out even though I did as shown.
- (2018-10-23) Giuseppe Pergolesi: In realtà non nasconde i siti non voluti ma si limita a colorare lo sfondo di verde!