Mercury Reader - Clear away the clutter from all of your articles. Instantly.
The Mercury Reader extension for Chrome removes ads and distractions, leaving only text and images for a clean and consistent reading view on every site. Features: - Disable surrounding webpage noise and clutter with one click - Send To Kindle functionality - Adjust typeface and text size, and toggle between light or dark themes - Quick keyboard shortcut (Cmd + Esc for Mac users, Alt + ` for Windows users) to switch to Reader on any article page - Printing optimization - Sharing through Facebook, Twitter and Email Version 184.108.40.206 includes: - bug fixes Note to Readability users: if you've been a happy Readability extension user, we think you'll love the new Mercury Reader! Mercury Reader has the best features of Readability like a clutter-free reading experience, customizable themes, and even Send to Kindle, but it's a whole lot faster and is powered by the all new Mercury Parser for more consistently clean web pages.
- (2020-09-17) Alex: Doesn't work on half of sites. Moreover, it accidentally stops working on some pages which just were successfully displayed by this app.
- (2020-09-01) Feng Jiang: Only one can properly handle medium posts (lazy loading images, multiple content sections, etc.).
- (2020-08-25) Priya Malelu: Amazing for reading articles!!
- (2020-08-22) 赖德忠: 推送到kindle，一直失败，就没有成功过，难道国内被墙了？
- (2020-08-16) Rachel Phillips: it disrupts the chrome print dialog, so i interferes with orientation and scaling hiding it, crippleware, bug injection to entire chrome
- (2020-08-12) Yan: only worked for some sites. on most sites instead of displaying the actual article, would display the cookies message
- (2020-08-07) Blue Chan: It's not perfect and not without faults. When a page has too many scripted elements, it often fails and instead of loading the main body text and images, it only shows either the first page or just the last page as if there was nothing else to show. When it works, it's great. But when it fails, it's just a head scratcher leaving us wondering why it didn't work. When it fails, I do a more hands-on approach with my ad blocker extension to block out the annoying elements, then use Chrome's own, "Print to PDF" function to somewhat capture and print what Mercury Reader failed to process. It's not perfect but for the pages Mercury Reader could not process, it gives me a way to take those pages with me even if odd formatting or ads get in the way.
- (2020-08-05) Aubrey Hughs: Works great!
- (2020-07-21) Andréa Cardoso de Assis Assis: Gostei bem funcional e fácil de usar, gratidão pelo empenho .Gratidão.
- (2020-07-20) Jeffrey Harding: It works really well when combined with AdBlocker. News sites notice the AdBlocker and try to get me to remove the AdBlocker so when I enabled Mercury Reader I can get rid of all the clutter AND the invasive Adtracking technology at the same time.
- (2020-07-10) Suman Roy: I love it! English is perfect but in Bengali it't change chrome default font to others. Please, keep Unicode default font.
- (2020-07-10) RPG Hank: This extension does everything I want *except* automatically on reader mode for websites that you have allowed Please add it
- (2020-04-10) Rafe Milner: not on play store but it said so
- (2020-04-01) Justin L: Instant 5 stars as soon as I started using it. Pretty simple to use and does what it needs to be done. 5/5 stars
- (2020-03-31) SAHIL YADAV.: very nice awesome for specials teenagers as it removes attractions while reading
- (2020-03-27) Daniele Croci: funziona (per chi avesse dei problemi, basta fare tasto destro sulla pagine e cliccare sul simbolo dell'estensione)
- (2020-03-21) Mohamed Shabbeer: cant say enough AND IT S FREEEEEEEEE
- (2020-03-17) Rebecca: Beautiful and helpful!
- (2020-03-11) Arcorian: When you press that button... oh so beautiful! Unfortunately, does not work properly. On many websites will show only a portion of the article. Also, the kindle button does not work. I set it up and it's not sending any article to my Kindle. Great concept tho. Please developers work on it. I'm willing to pay for this extension if you make it work properly.
- (2020-03-05) Karlv Masios: Good
- (2020-03-03) Pandora π: Não funciona.
- (2020-02-27) Tim Rogers: Obviously works for some but was very inconsistent for me. I had to download Reader View instead, which was much more consistent (especially behind The Australian newspaper paywall)
- (2020-02-04) John Mags: Why do you need access "browsing history" for this extension?
- (2020-02-04) Steve Chou: 图片经常显示不出来
- (2020-01-25) Wellington L. S.: Estava procurando esse tipo de plugin para usa no Chrome no Ubuntu, adorei era oque eu precisava para realizar leituras sem distração de pop ou outros tipos de propagandas inúteis.