Mercury Reader - Clear away the clutter from all of your articles. Instantly.
The Mercury Reader extension for Chrome removes ads and distractions, leaving only text and images for a clean and consistent reading view on every site. Features: - Disable surrounding webpage noise and clutter with one click - Send To Kindle functionality - Adjust typeface and text size, and toggle between light or dark themes - Quick keyboard shortcut (Cmd + Esc for Mac users, Alt + ` for Windows users) to switch to Reader on any article page - Printing optimization - Sharing through Facebook, Twitter and Email Version 126.96.36.199 includes: - bug fixes Note to Readability users: if you've been a happy Readability extension user, we think you'll love the new Mercury Reader! Mercury Reader has the best features of Readability like a clutter-free reading experience, customizable themes, and even Send to Kindle, but it's a whole lot faster and is powered by the all new Mercury Parser for more consistently clean web pages.
- (2019-12-05) Mateus Ferreira: Ele não está funcionando no site comportese.com porque?
- (2019-10-06) Kirill Polzounov: Absolute garbage
- (2019-10-06) Javier Rincon: Looks good but how to you keep images in the article?
- (2019-09-29) Cobret: Печалит что мало шрифтов и нет способа выравнивания по ширине текста(
- (2019-09-11) Vadim Semjonov: невозможно убрать из меню правой кнопки... сильно раздражает когда там еше 10+ всяких меню
- (2019-09-05) EG Murray: I've been using this precious little vintage spaceship symbol for YEARS & YEARS, to educate myself with a measure of sanity and decorum in a too-loud world that shakes its genitals at me like a bum of a billboard on TimeSquare. I find the spaceship metaphor fitting, as it holds me safely in its capsule, silent, shooting above the atmosphere for a clean, global view above the lights. I've come here today, after a particularly raucous experience attempting to read a CNN page. Im so thankful for how Mercury made it all better, and so Ive come to make a small donation. Id also like to mention that Mercury is open source.
- (2019-08-28) Travis Scott: Shortcut does not work in Windows 10
- (2019-08-24) Alexander Sergeevich: Сношу МРАЗЬ ЗАМКАДНАЯ!!! :D
- (2019-08-22) iMax: 다 좋은데 한글 지원이 아쉽습니다. 왜 한글은 셰리프 지원이 안되나요
- (2019-08-16) Ayman Ibrahim: Absolutely remarkable.
- (2019-08-09) Henry Moran: Great and very professional extension. If it had the text-to-speech feature it would be a 5-star review.
- (2019-08-07) Nasim K: Perfect extension as I was looking for, only one problem I have notice in last one week that whenever I'm selecting a word, sentence or paragraph in reading mode, it selects whole page from that word to the end. I will request you to fixit as early as possible.
- (2019-08-03) Arthur Litovko: Шрифты не поддерживают кириллические символы
- (2019-08-01) Yifan Zhou: I wish there is an option to hide images in an article. I send interesting articles to read on my kindle through Mercury, but each image usually takes up my whole Kindle screen so pages with a lot of images are just painful to read. Also, using "send to kindle" with dark mode enabled causes the text to be light grey on white on Kindle. Dark mode should make the interface dark on my computer but shouldn't change the way it looks when sent to Kindle. Otherwise it works great, except maybe the quirk that click on anywhere and the whole article below your click gets selected.
- (2019-07-14) Ariel López Arancibia: Sencilla, eficiente y sumamente útil al enviar los artículos al dispositivo Kindle.
- (2019-07-14) Samei Alramadan: Perfect 👌
- (2019-07-14) barbudo 2005: Thank you for your app. Could you add a option to justify?
- (2019-07-11) Matthew Dunlop: Keyboard shortcut to activate is the same as Microsoft IME and the instructions to change it are no longer up to date or the feature has been removed. I need to uninstall Mercury Reader as a result since switching language is more important than a chrome plugin... a shame as I used to use it quite a bit!
- (2019-06-30) Bryan Stark: It works as a substitute for Readability but it doesn't always convert the whole page. Many times it will convert the first part of the page up to the 2nd heading then stops. So I have to go back to the page to read the whole article anyway. Otherwise, the features of sending it to Kindle is great. Also I tried to look for support but didn't find it on their website. So I'm not sure if the extension is still supported.
- (2019-06-30) pradip kumar babou: It's perfect for reading but when I want to print to PDF, it prints only the page I was reading, not the entire article (usually containing multiple pages). If that issue was solved, I would give a 5* rating to this extension.
- (2019-06-14) Parker Tron: I liked the look - but it kept the pictures in which is not what I want.
- (2019-04-20) Deven Kumar: Please add SAVE AS PDF option too. Its a request from bottom of my heart. I promise you this app will be FIRE on Chrome Apps :)
- (2019-04-17) Yury Molodtsov: The extension works great by itself by makes it impossible to select any text on the webpage — instead you select the whole page from the bottom to this place.
- (2019-04-07) Tammie Milligan: Sometimes you have to click on it more than once to get it to work, but when it does,there's nothing better. Stopping all those crappy videos and ads is the best thing ever!
- (2019-03-17) Ron Josiah: This was great back in 2017 but it hasn't been updated since. It is clearly broken when you click on the Mercury icon a second time, once done with reading your article. This has become abandonware, time for this to be pulled.