✨ Add useful features and tweak a few stuff to make the HN experience better without changing the look and feel
✨ This is a Chrome extension that adds useful features and tweaks a few stuff on Hacker News to make the experience better... without changing the look and feel. The minimalist design of Hacker News is best at offering news the way we like it. Yet there are a few small interface tweaks and additional features that can drastically improve our experience while browsing through items and comments which this extension implements. Hopefully, in due course, a few of these tweaks can be implemented by Hacker News themselves. You can help too by emailing [email protected]! Details regarding the features, such keyboard mappings can be viewed here: https://github.com/plibither8/refined-hacker-news#highlights The extension has been inspired by Sindre Sorhus's extension "Refined GitHub".
- (2021-03-02) Richard Firdaus: I want to ask in the permission, why the browser should give permission to 'read and change your browser history' ?
- (2020-01-25) Rahul Tiwari: Just offers what is needed. Not more, not less. The best thing is it preserves the simplicity of HN. Thanks Mihir!
- (2019-06-14) matthew martori: Love it
- (2019-06-13) Alex Ivanovs: Looking good. I think it would be a good idea to make the comment-thread toggle a little less seamless. I do think the border is a little "intense" for a natural reading experience. You can actually apply custom CSS yourself to fix it, but having it seamless out of the box would be nice, too. Maybe I'm picky though, 5-stars anyway.
- (2019-06-13) Yehosef Shapiro: Great!