A tool for manual web socket testing.
A simple in-browser web socket client UI. This extension is primarily intended for use by web developers looking for an easy way to test web socket endpoints as they develop. To use this extension, click the 'WS Client' icon that appears to the right of your address bar or click 'Options' for this extension in 'chrome://extensions'. Requires no permissions. Source Code & Issue Tracker: https://github.com/mschurr/chrome-web-socket-client
- (2019-10-04) Maarten Bezemer: Nice and clean WS client extension. I really like it. But for 5 stars I would like to see a lfew more features like being able to extend/drag the 'message text' field (it is pretty small) and some 'clear history' would be nice.
- (2019-01-26) TS ST: Shame, wanted to use it but can't use custom ports: Unable to open connection: SecurityError: Failed to construct 'WebSocket': The port 6667 is not allowed.
- (2019-01-16) xingliang cai: Clean UI and information is complete and detailed.
- (2018-09-04) Mikhail Knyazhev: отличный функционал
- (2018-08-25) Amit Anand: Better than anyone on google chrome web store
- (2018-02-24) Cuong Vu: Only extension that allows for protocol to be sent. I would love to allow custom HTTP headers be sent on the requests.
- (2017-10-04) Pawel Veselov: The only websocket extension (not app) that detects wbesocket disconnects. Would love to see the console output be more usable outside of the extension (for submitting bug reports, etc).
- (2017-07-03) Александр Александрович: Doesn't support Basic Authentication
- (2020-04-28, v:1.0.0) Sergio Trujillo: About Python 3 socket server...
Hello. I want to communicate with a Python 3 simple server example. I run this server in console mode (Windows 7 x64) with "python xxxx.py" statement and wait for client. When I connect to server from your chrome extension, server get the connexion but stop it and your plugin print "Disconnected". How can I do a socket connection to my python server?
- (2019-01-10, v:1.0.0) Srikanth Kumar Lingala: command output
Hi, I am able to send commands to the console through this extension. But, only thing is that, not able to see the output of that command in the console window. What I mean is that, for example, I sent a command 'ifconfig'. I am seeing that command is posted to console. But, output of that command is not visible. Is there any way to do that? Regards, Srikanth.
- (2018-10-20, v:1.0.0) stopkek: onmessage, localStorage and timer
Hello, I added some things to the extension (see subject). If you want them feel free to contact me.
- (2017-11-19, v:1.0.0) GSUGambit: Null Character
How do I submit the null character to mean end of stream? The WebSocket APIs I am hitting require the trailing /0. How do I do it with this tool?