Construct custom Web Socket requests and handle responses to directly test your Web Socket services.
Simple WebSocket Client is an extension for Google Chrome to help construct custom Web Socket requests and handle responses to directly test your Web Socket services. 1. Enter the URL for your Web Socket server. 2. Click Open. 3. Input request text, then click Send. 4. The extension show response messages.
- (2020-02-04) 시금치맨: very nice goooooooooooooood
- (2019-12-04) Geraldo Eloi: Simples e útil. Deixa mais clara a situação da conexão e mantêm um histórico das conexões. Poderia ter uma interface menos arcaica.
- (2019-09-26) 1) Text areas were poorly laid out and not usefully configured (e.g., no text wrapping, no ability to have multiple texts to send without awkward copy/paste) 2) Sometimes (around 10-20% of the time) when you click the Send button it shows up as sent (in red text below the button), but Wireshark would show that it hadn't sent a damned byte since the protocol upgrade. THIS WASTED A DAY for me, and will for you, too. Normally one has to TRY to make something worse than useless, but it looks like they succeeded.
- (2019-08-18) Jason Hughes: Super helpful for testing server code.
- (2019-07-06) Mohammad Gholami: Great and easy to use extension
- (2019-05-29) Don Grasberger: Simple. Exactly what I was looking for.
- (2019-03-14) Rıza Sabuncu: Birader cok güzel tool yazımşssın da biraz arayüze kas allah için ya, valla içim sıkılıyor daralıyorum abi
- (2019-03-12) Eric Lin: Easy to use. Nice shot!
- (2019-02-28) Works ok but not sure why devs insist on using tiny unsizable text boxes when there is plenty of real estate. A button to copy the log to clipboard would be useful.
- (2019-01-09) Philipp Bergamin: Does what it should
- (2018-11-10) Yannick Spreen: No Cookie or other headers supported. Cannot be used for authentication.
- (2018-11-06) Anton Wißmer: Doesnt work properly.
- (2018-08-17) Adam S: this saved me a load of time testing endpoints. very useful tool for testing local environments and production live site environements
- (2018-05-14) alex basov: Клиент так себе. - Не обрабатывается ошибка подключение. Если соединение разорвано, то это не как не видно. - Очень маленькое поле для ввода URL. - Не хранит историю url и пакетов
- (2018-04-07) Filip Shulevski: Does the Job!
- (2018-01-18) Jose Monzon: Does not support Sec-WebSocket-Protocol header
- (2017-03-24) Shenal Senarath: Gets the work done but need a better UI UX
- (2017-03-15) John kariru: just works....
- (2017-03-08) vbnetvbnet: Very nice!
- (2017-01-27) Botino: It doesn't work !
- (2017-01-04) I have 2 complaints: - Why does it need to know my browsing-history - I can't subscribe to any topic
- (2016-12-05) Martin Ždila: I wasn't able to specify subprotocol.
- (2016-11-14) Martin Spizman: Very basic yes, but very useful and dependable.
- (2016-09-29) Sergey Balykov: Bad layout.
- (2016-09-12) J dP: Text boxes are too small and the output text box has no horizontal scroll bar, or text wrapping. It also truncates data if its too large which is a pain. Would be much better if it could save history of requests.
- (2020-05-22, v:0.1.3) JSL: Could you give me a favor about license?
Hello team. Could I know if there's any license cost to keep using this program via Chrome Add-ons? It would be thankful, if you please confirm the license query. Thanks & best regards.
- (2020-03-23, v:0.1.3) Yoric Watterott: Connecting to ipV6
Hi there, great extension, been happily using it for years I've changed from ipV4 to ipV6 I'm stuggling to connect I try: ws://[ipv6address%netID]:port Uncaught DOMException: Failed to construct 'WebSocket': The URL 'ws://[X::X:X:X:X%4]:1234' is invalid. With VNC I use [X::X:X:X:X%4]:1234 and it works but not with websocket hopefully you can help me thank you for a great extension, will be using it for many years to come still
- (2019-10-08, v:0.1.3) Samuel Thompson: input width
I have REALLY long connection strings. Can you change the width from 225px to: width: calc(100% - 100px); on the button: <button id="connectButton" style="display: none;">Open</button> that way it is full width and it still shows the connect button on the same line.
- (2018-09-11, v:0.1.3) C. P.: History Access
Why does this need access to my history!?
- (2018-06-16, v:0.1.3) Tony Kenny: undefined message
Having connection problems but the pop up message just says "undefined". This is really not helpful.
- (2018-06-06, v:0.1.3) Debashis Deb: Why asking to access browser history?
There's really no reason to ask
- (2018-04-04, v:0.1.3) Raffaela Serventi: Why asking to access browser history??
There's really no reason to ask
- (2018-03-30, v:0.1.3) Mike King: asking for browser history?
No thanks, no reason for you to get my browser history. Bad behaving app.
- (2018-03-16, v:0.1.3) Lestat Almasy: Headers
Add custom headers in request
- (2018-02-08, v:0.1.3) Resizable message log frame
It is possible to resize the log window? Thank you.
- (2017-10-03, v:0.1.3) Trevor Pace: specify a Protocol
How do I specify “ remotecontrol ” as Sec-WebSocket-Protocol
- (2017-09-05, v:0.1.3) Tim Tennant: Websocket idle timeout
How long does it take for the websocket client to timeout when idle (if at all). Is this configurable? Also is there a way for the client to report when the server has terminated the connection?