Generates a South African ID number that validates, via the extension or via a context menu, and can analyse ID numbers.
For use by developers, this tool can generate a valid South African ID number for a given date of birth, gender and citizen status that will pass checksum tests. In addition, given an ID number this extension can validate it as well as extract the date of birth, gender and citizen status. For more info on how it works, check out: http://www.knowles.co.za/articles/generating-south-african-id-numbers/
- (2020-01-22) Gavin Wiener: This might just be me but I think it would be better if the day, month, year did not clear after you click generate. Sometimes I want to increment one of the values and generate another number. Having the generated ID below the inputs makes a bit more sense to me. Thanks for the tool! Works as expected
- (2020-01-14) Menahem Fuchs: Best thing on the internet since the search engine - this tool is the next bitcoin!
- (2019-11-18) Jacobus Langner: Works great, but would like the option to keep the selected date.
- (2018-03-05) Faida Mona: Perfect tool for web-based profile testing
- (2018-01-02) Lawrence Maphala: helpful
- (2016-08-25) Devaroux Jacobs: Simple to use, exactly what I needed for my testing and development.
- (2016-03-02) Flavier Kongolo: Simplifies life, works like a charm, job well done Evan!
- (2015-12-15) Mike Castignani: Excellent simple and effective.
- (2015-04-13) Mark Kerspay: works as expected and simple to use
- (2014-04-15) ASHRAFUL RUBEL: great but cant edit and gen my id number. lol
- (2020-01-14, v:1.7.1) Menahem Fuchs: What's a nice guy like you doing in a place like this?
Evan! Small world - just installed your Chrome add-on and it rocks. Nice to see your name here. A small suggestion (if you can still be arsed about this) - change "Male" tick-box to a slider (Male/Female).
- (2019-12-07, v:1.7.1) Ntombie Mabuya: how do i get started
how do i use it i have been trying for half an hour can u help me please
- (2017-01-12, v:1.7.1) Thomas Hunkin: Generate Random Values
Hi There! An indispensable tool you've created. Love it! Would it be possible to generate two additional values as it is opened please. I find myself just needing a random male or female id number 99% of the time
- (2016-03-09, v:1.7.1) Phlip Pretorius: Not functioning
I try to un-click the Male tick box and change the date of birth. Will not allow me