A small but growing collection of neat tricks for debugging force.com applications.
This project is open source. You may view the code here before installing it: https://github.com/capeterson/Grey-Tab Currently supports: Displaying your current orgId, salesforce hostname, and sessionId (the API-enabled one, not the crippled visualforce SID). If the page being viewed contains apex:form viewstate data the current size of the data will be displayed as well. If the page's URL contains an id param or is the standard SFDC record view page then the record details tab will show the raw data behind all fields your user has FLS access to. If you have any issues, or would like to suggest improvements please use the github project's issues page. This extension does not transmit any data to or from any systems other than the Salesforce instance(s) you use it with and/or trust.salesforce.com. Until you take explicit action of opening it no data is requested or otherwise processes. There are no ads or analytics in this extension.
- (2019-10-28) Mark Deuel: Use it just about daily. Really love it!
- (2019-03-08) Please update so this works with Lightning! There is nothing better than this tool that I've found - particularly for seeing API Names and also seeing fields that aren't on the page layout. But it's a pain to switch to classic every time I want to use it.
- (2018-07-03) Martina Georgieva: Very useful especially if you have long pages. It is also nice that it shows field label and name, in cases where they are different.
- (2017-06-21) Robin Clayton: Really useful tool for viewing all entity fields for the selected record.
- (2015-07-27) Sean McMickle: Awesome and helpful.
- (2015-02-11) Thembi Butler: Huge timesaver!
- (2014-10-20) Michael Smith: Very helpful utility to quickly see the contents of fields that are not on a layout.
- (2014-10-09) Adam Cooper: Awesome extension and so handy for seeing those fields that aren't on layouts
- (2014-08-06) Pratap Halder: Nice, solved a problem of mine inspired from this extension
- (2013-10-25) Kyle Peterson: Helpful for admins to quickly see the hidden values not visible on a pagelayout. It would be nice if the field search on the Record Details tab could search labels with a space. When I type the first word of a label and then hit space it doesn't list any fields. A smaller font would be nice too for looking at so much information.
- (2015-01-28, v:1.8) Adam Cooper: An error occured trying to load record details: undefined
Hi, I LOVE this extension, but ocassionaly get this error: "An error occured trying to load record details: undefined" and it doesnt show me any values. Do you know what could cause this? Thanks! Adam.
- (2014-10-21, v:1.8) Matias Colombo: Undefined Values
When I pull the app up on a SFDC page all values are undefined