Beautify and format selected code as needed.
Format and beautify selected code when editing questions and answers on Stackoverflow (or anywhere else for that matter). This extension is not limited to the Stackoverflow web site - I just came up with the idea while reviewing on Stackoverflow - so it can be used anywhere. If you have any feature requests or found any bugs, just post a comment. Based on jsbeautifier.org.
- (2021-01-17) Ty Irvine: Works perfectly. Just reload the page on first use.
- (2020-10-07) Imtiyaj Khan: fine
- (2017-12-03) Vinícius Muniz: Útil!
- (2017-08-12) eeoni_: How does this (even) work.(?)
- (2016-05-10) Cris Fuhrman: Got it to work (finally!). Had to restart Chrome after installing it. Took me a few minutes to see to do this in the support page. Can't the plug-in remind us to do this, or maybe even force us to? I'm betting that some of the one-star reviews are because of this. After selecting SO code and right-clicking to Beautify, the source of my SO entry was modified. However, the preview didn't update until I typed something else in the SO source. I guess this is a quirky way that SO's page doesn't recognize the Beautifying as a change to the source. I'm on Chrome on Windows 10. It's a bug somewhere.
- (2016-02-28) Alon Eitan: It just doesn't work
- (2015-02-05) Iram Khan: Could do with working properly every time rather than just sometimes.
- (2014-08-12) Joshua McKinney: Works for js, but the jsbeautify also works for just html too. I cant seem to get it to do html formatting. It is exactly what I need. Would you please update it. Or let me know what I am doing wrong. EDIT:I found that in your beautify-html.js everything was in a function I it out of that and then commented out the things at the bottom for the requirejs and it worked.
- (2014-03-12) Mario Sannum: Cool, it saves me some time, but it still needs some work with generic lists/methods/classes. For example: "List<T>" becomes "List < T >".
- (2013-09-09) Rigel Deshmukh: Things worked fine for me....does saves time
- (2013-08-29) Caleb Rudnick: THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS :)
- (2013-08-19) Sérgio Sarabando: Identation also doesn't work for me (strips leading 4 spaces). Chrome 28.0.1500.95 m and Stackoverflow Code Beautify 0.9.
- (2013-02-28) Piotr Zierhoffer: Indentation does not work for me, on Chrome 26.0.1410.12 beta and Stackoverflow Code Beautify 0.9.
- (2012-11-26) Mattias Olofsson: Finally a useful tool to fix the code so it is more readable.
- (2017-11-27, v:1.0) Sime Arsov: Permissions
Why why you guys need permission to change and read the data on ALL of my websites, instead of just stackoverflow? Also, what's up with the "Display notifications"?
- (2014-10-07, v:1.0) Marco Bonelli: Not working at all
Sounds like a good extension to me, but the problem is, when "beautifying" some code in SO questions, it doesn't add the 4 spaces needed for the markdown to identify it as code. I mean: the indentation, spaces, etc. is correctly organized, but what's the point when I still need to manually indent all the lines of code by 4 spaces to make markdown identify it as a code snippet? This extension is pretty useless without this fix.
- (2014-09-16, v:1.0) Hrusikesh Panda: Corrupted by malware
Chrome reports "This extension may have been corrupted by malware. " and doesn't let enable it.
- (2014-08-13, v:1.0) Currently working on StackOverflow?
Is this working currently? - I tried selecting, right-clicking and executing the extension. Nothing happens. No errors in console or something like that. Thanks, Tim