Pomodoro Timer and Site Blocker that Plugs into Habitica and turns your time-wasting navigation tendencies into rewards.
To report a bug or suggesting new features please use this link: https://github.com/ofekmiz/Habitica-Pomodoro-SiteKeeper/issues ----------------------------------------- This extension has two main features: 1."Pay to Pass" Website Blocker: Website Blocker that plugs into Habitica and limits you from visiting websites that you decide. You can decide to visit these sites by spending Habitica currency, which you'll earn by developing good habits and doing chores. 2.Pomodoro Timer: Including a Pomodoro Timer. You can read about the pomodoro technique here: https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Pomodoro During Pomodoro mode, all websites in the list are blocked, websites with cost 0 are blocked only during pomodoro. A Pomodoro habit is created automatically for the user in Habitica, with an option in the extension settings to automatically score [+] or [-] of the habit when a Pomodoro is done successfully or fails accordingly. How to use: After installing the extension, click on the icon at the top right to open the menu. In here, you must set your API Credentials. You can then block a site by navigating to it and clicking block site. It will ask you to enter a cost. From this point on, when you visit this site, the extension will ask you if you'd like to spend GP to access it. To start a pomodoro timer simply click on the Tomato character. Click again to stop the timer. In the settings you will find a lot of option that allow you tweak and change the pomodoro behavior to fit best for you. ----------------------------------------- For more information, recommended settings and version update log: https://habitica.fandom.com/wiki/Habitica_Pomodoro_SiteKeeper
- (2021-04-18) Darcy Halliday: Gamification is a wonderful concept! Been using it for just over a week now, and I now actually look forward to working (which is slightly unbelievable)!
- (2021-04-15) Lucas Chu: probably the best extension i have (and i have over a hundred lol)
- (2021-04-15) Aginaya A: After the first break the pomodoro counter always goes back to zero, I'm always back to zero after the first break
- (2021-04-12) Josh Armstrang: please add on edge, btw it's havier to run sometimes
- (2021-04-10) moo: Love it. Finally back to using Habitica and this is the plugin I've been looking for to Pom my character's stats. Cant wait to see what else they'll add.
- (2021-04-05) Bruce Wayne: Super useful
- (2021-03-28) Haris: Great Extension for Productivity!
- (2021-03-26) Reagan Musick: Absolutely amazing! Highly recommend.
- (2021-03-19) Jb Sushi: Best plugin for using with Trello !
- (2021-03-14) Javier A. Rivero P.: Ciertamente util. Es comoda para usar, muestra suficiente informacion, la interfaz es bonita ademas te da amplia variedad de configuraciones. No utilizo mucho la funcion de paginas bloqueadas, pero admito que es mejor pagar por una pagina que solo bloquearla... para algo ganamos dinero en Habitica JAJAJA
- (2021-01-28) Elaine Nguyen: I'd like to make a feature request: to have a prolonged Pomodoro end sound and break sound. The current chimes only last a few seconds and I often miss the cue that I need to go on a break. I'd like the Pomodoro end sound and break sound to only stop ringing when I dismiss them. Having a 30-second long Pomodoro end sound and break sound can work too. However, I would still like my breaks to start automatically. I would also like the option to start my pomodoros automatically.
- (2021-01-25) Elizabeth X: This is such a good extension! There's so many options to change and I started using Habitica because of it! 10/10 recommend
- (2021-01-22) Op __: the end-of-break alarm doesn't ring for the 2nd break... that leads to missing the second alarm and not getting the streak... it happened 5 times. Pls fix it Apart from that Great Extension Thank You
- (2021-01-21) Op __: great extention thanks
- (2021-01-12) Alex Kong: O M G this is the Pomodor extension of my DREAMS, thank you so much guys, AMAZING work.... not sure still about the web dashboard gamification and all that, feels like a big distraction cause it also emails you but, I can I can deactivate that. But as for the extension itself it really has everything one could have dreamed for on a pomodoro technique tool, thanks a lot!
- (2021-01-12) Bilal Şimşek: Şu ana kadar gördüğüm en iyi pomodoro zamanlayıcısı bazı basit hatalar var sadece
- (2020-12-20) Mateo Acuña: I would like that each application could put a different amount of rest time
- (2020-12-11) Chernenko Chenrenka: Actively updated and listens to feedbacks
- (2020-12-10) Boaz Moav: So good!
- (2020-11-25) Jessica Silvano: Gostei, é perfeito. Alia o pomodoro com bloqueador de sites e é integrado ao habitica. Assim fica mais fácil ficar concentrado sem se distrair em outros sites, além de tudo já vem com a integração ao habitica. Gostei demais. E ainda mostra o histórico dos seus pomodoros.
- (2020-11-15) lujain: Brilliant! thank you for this amazing contribution :)
- (2020-11-06) Md7: I really like this extension please make it available also to Firefox
- (2020-11-03) Marius Schober: It's great and I appreciate the work of developing and maintaining it! To add to Nico Rodsevich's comment: he means a ticking clock in the background. I'd +1 that. If you implement a simple (not too loud!) ticking clock it is perfect. Update: You not only implemented the ticking clock sound but also dramatically improved the extension! Thanks! I bought you a coffee and I' looking forward where this leads I really love your extensions and what you are working on. The option to extend work sessions (i.e. by 10 minutes) would be great.
- (2020-11-01) Yiu-On Li: I’ve been using this extension for about half a year now after using Marinara: Pomodoro Assistant for two years, and I’m glad I made the switch, even if I think the latter extension is more polished than this one. The main draw of this extension for me is its Habitica integration, which I think is nicely done and has only gotten better since I first installed. Finishing a Pomodoro automatically checks off one of my Habitica Habits like a charm. The extension is also great for when I want to take a quick YouTube break in the middle of my day by forcing me to spend my Gold. I do think it’d be nice if the extension displayed, right on the icon, how much time I had left to spend on my blocked sites before I’m kicked out—presently, I have to open the extension dialog in order to view my remaining time (displayed in a 24-hour format no less), which is a bit cumbersome. I implied earlier that I thought the extension was a bit unpolished. * The advanced settings are squished together and aren’t categorized together very intuitively. * It’s also difficult sometimes to tell what each option does (something like an explanatory tooltip for each option would be much appreciated). * There also seems to be a weird bug where the extension creates/recreates its own Pomodoro Habits on Habitica even when I set the extension to score one of my custom Habits. For now, I’ve moved these automatically generated Habits to the bottom of my Habits list. * This is very subjective, but I’m not really that big of a fan of the extension’s color scheme—the blue and purple colors used for blocked sites are the main offenders. There are also some inconsistent and old-looking UI elements across the extension dialog, such as the Save/Update button and the pencil and trash can icons. Feature requests: * Overtime. To elaborate, sometimes I keep working even after I’ve finished a Pomodoro, and it’d be nice if the extension kept track of this additional working time somewhere (like as a separate timer, either visible or hidden). After this overtime accumulates to the point where I’ve effectively done an extra Pomodoro even without meaning to, a Habitica Habit is scored. There could also be a setting to establish how frequently this overtime would reset (once a day, once a week, etc.). This feature would lead to better time tracking and a greater sense of accomplishment, i.e., the feeling that all that extra work I did hasn’t gone to waste just because I didn’t track it. * Pomodoro stats. The main reason I’m including this feature is because the other Pomodoro tracker I mentioned earlier has wonderful stats and graphics on stuff like my average Pomodoros per day, a breakdown of my Pomodoros by time of day and day of the week, and a full history of how many Pomodoros I’ve completed on any given day stretching back years. I don’t know if this feature would even be technically possible, but this is something I’ve deeply missed ever since I transitioned from the old extension. * Changelogs for each update, especially when new options appear. I like playing with new things, but it’s difficult for me to figure out when these new things arrive. :) * Make it more difficult to enable Vacation Mode—it’s currently very near the top of the advanced settings dropdown, which makes it all the more tempting for me to enable it when I shouldn’t. I’m not sure if this review seems harsh, given all the suggestions I made—my main criticisms center around relatively minor quirks and niche feature deficiencies that prevent me from feeling 100% happy with what I have. But I’m still very happy regardless (let’s say 85%), and I don’t intend to stop using this extension anytime soon. Thanks for reading. :) Edit: It's a month later and the overwhelming majority of my requested features have already been implemented. Major props to the developer for working so quickly. This extension gets a solid five stars from me now.
- (2020-10-25) Tyler Renelle: Y'all, this is so cool. I've been wiring together separate site-blockers, pomodoros, and manually up/downing habits; this extension puts it all into one, and thinks of all the edge-cases that were my initial reservation to using an all-in-one. Great job!
- (2020-10-25) QueerJamie: Awesome the feedback I gave about the sound being too loud (hurting my autistic ears) was listened too and volume is now an option individually on sounds with loads more sounds! How are you ppl so amazing?
- (2020-10-15) Liang Liu: Love it so much, it has been one of my daily working tools with Habitica! Fantastic job!!!
- (2020-09-25) Silvia Juliana Barato Mendoza: Muy útil y bonito
- (2020-09-16) Gabriel Fortuna: Great since it works with Habitica and very nice user interface! Developer certainly knows what they are doing!
- (2020-09-10) Stygian Jinouga: Olha,gostei da extensão,tem várias opções,e essa é a primeira vez que eu uso,por isso dei 4 estrelas,mas se funcionar mesmo,vou dar 5 estrelas,por enquanto ele está funcionando e estou gostando muito!
- (2020-08-29) Jennifer Bailey: This is awesome, just as good as paid products and even better because it works with habitica, and I like how streamlined it is, very easy to use and setup, easy to navigate interface, just enough features without too many. You'll be getting a coffee from me!
- (2020-08-25) Blaise Kern: Perfect! :)
- (2020-08-21) Elkin Hernández: ✨💖💖👏💖💖✨
- (2020-07-16) Joshua: Habitica+ pomodoro! All i need in one xD
- (2020-04-16) Cristiano Costa: Melhor extensão do mundo, muito obrigado!
- (2020-04-15) Евгений Харчёв: I created an account and tried to fill in the user id but I got the error "Credential error! The extension is currently not updating Habitica!". And what to do with it is unclear. The idea is good, the user interface is not intuitive. Instead of the user nickname and password, you must enter in the fields of the chrome plugin from the page "https://habitica.com/user/settings/api" token "user id" and api token, I did not immediately guess
- (2020-04-12) Danny Knestaut: Perfect. With the addition of a audio notifications, this app is everything I need it to be. The integration with Habitica is flawless, and the amount of customization allows me to tweak this to my own workflow.
- (2020-04-07) Dinis Batalha: Estou adorando a extensão, mas dá alguns problemas com os sites bloqueados.
- (2020-04-02) Bruno Nepomuceno: Maravilhoso! Uso o habitica desde 2016 e usava um pomodoro de outro fabricante!
- (2020-03-30) Emerald Pham: Sending big love, great extension.
- (2020-03-29) 右太极: excellent! combine habitica and pom!
- (2020-03-26) Sila Georges Agiru Judick Siebert: Junta o melhor de dois mundos
- (2020-03-19) Ivan Vincent: Great extension and kind developer. This deserves a lot of attention!
- (2020-01-26) A. B. Lihos: Very cool!
- (2020-01-13) Nico Rodsevich: It's excellent. It only lacks a background timer that makes the Pablov's conditionated reflex on you
- (2019-12-17) mavix gates: Thanks to the developer, so excited to find this extention . i want it long time!
- (2019-10-27) Rūta Kerbelyte: Exactly what I've been looking for! thank you!
- (2019-10-10) Yo Yo Fu: Just want I wanted with Habitica. I wish this was around earlier!
- (2019-10-10) Moguel Sanchez: If you love pomodoro techinique and habitica this extension is just perfect
- (2019-09-28) Jacob M: I have been using this at work for a few weeks. The timer is customizable and gives native notifications when you complete a pomodoro so you know when to stop and start your next pomodoro even if your browser is minimized. This does integrate with habitica but you don't need to use that feature.
- (2021-04-02, v:5.98) Alejandro Llamas: Pomodoro end and break doesn't sound
Hi, I'm having a trouble: I'm setting the both sounds but none of both make a sound. Why is that? Just to know, I'm not connecting the extension with Habitica. Thank you!
- (2021-03-31, v:5.98) Ritesh Sonavane: Block Site not Working
Even after navigating to sites, there are no options for blocking site. I am using Brave browser instead of chrome, but all chrome extensions work properly.
- (2021-03-16, v:5.98) Rahmah Assaf: Account issuses
Hello there! I have a problem with my account in Pomodoro site keeper and I hope you can help. I did 4 Pomodoros’ as usual, when I come after my long break they told me there was an error and I had to type my id and API again, I did, then everything in my history was deleted – as if it was brand new. I attempted it again (type it again) and nothing happened. I truly hope that you can help me to restore it if there is a way/chance. I am a bit disappointed about that. Thank you so much! Stay safe and strong! Have a good one!
- (2021-03-13, v:5.98) Zackary XC Wang: Feature Suggestion: toggle for pay to access
possbility to specify which website can be pay to accessed during pomodoro and which cannot
- (2020-11-17, v:5.96) Jed Sebios: SitePass
I don't know if i have misunderstood, but when i buy the "SitePass" I must still buy acces to all my blocked sites. How can i buy access to all my sites at the same time?
- (2020-11-04, v:5.93) Stef R: Blocker stopped working
After the new update, I can go on block websites during a podomoro session. Is there something I can do?
- (2020-09-10, v:5.51) Stygian Jinouga: Break/Long Break
I don't know how i activate the Break and the Long Break mode,if you answer my question,thanks <3
- (2020-07-29, v:5.41) Andrea: Open source?
Is there an open source aspect to this plug-in? I'm a software engineer and have some features I'd be interested in adding/tweaking.
- (2020-07-17, v:5.41) Ren Kudo: Sites that are on block list (but not currently blocked) randomly get muted
I have YouTube blocked with cost 0, which should mean that it gets blocked only when I'm running pomodoros. That part works fine, but the problem is that when I'm not running a pomo (and YouTube shouldn't be and isn't blocked) the YouTube tab will randomly mute. It's not muted from the start, nor does it always mute at the same point (e.g. sometimes it mutes halfway through, sometimes it doesn't mute at all, sometimes it mutes after a couple seconds). Refreshing the tab will restore sound until/unless the mute kicks back in (which is almost always). I've isolated my extensions and found that it's definitely this one that is causing the muting issue. The only workaround I've found was to remove YouTube from my block list, which obviously isn't ideal since I DO want YouTube to be blocked during my pomos.
- (2020-04-13, v:5.2) Anneleis H: Credential Error
I have been having a credential problem for the past week - not sure what the problem is? It has been great until this, but now I am getting an error saying "Credential error! The extension is currently not updating habitica". Is there any fix for this?
- (2020-04-12, v:5.2) MeToR 3609: Recommendation
Hi there, this extension is really awesome than you for this. When sites are blocked could you make the site mute? I have Twitch blocked but I can still hear the audio and I feel like that could be a loophole. Thank you!
- (2020-02-22, v:3.31) Koi: No Habit Creation
Hi, thanks for this extension! Is there any way we could opt out of it creating new Pom habits for us? I already have my own/challenge Pom habits and try to keep that list lean. Thanks again!
- (2020-01-06, v:3.31) Artur Soloviev: How to add a list of sites to block in one pass?
Subj. I have a list of DNS' separated by newline, like this: fubar.com fu.net barbar.it How to load it into your extension and apply?
- (2020-01-01, v:3.31) Aubrey Walker: Notification when Break has started
Hello! Thank you so much for this app, its amazing. I get a notifcation when my break extension has started, but is it possible to get a notification when my break has started/work time has ended? App is pretty cool, because I get a notication on my phone and fitibit when my break extension has begun, but it would be great if I could know when my work period has ended or when break has begun. Thanks man, keep up the great work