Provides a Pomodoro for focused time management and the ability to block websites to help prevent distractions while you work.
“All of my power is focused on my task; there are no distractions.” Concentrating your mind and getting into a period of deep focus will make the effort and time that go into your tasks more effective. It will allow you to 'get in the zone', freeing your mind of distractions until your entire body, mind and soul become engrossed into the work.- FocusMe provides a simple, but effective, UI to manage these periods of focus and relaxation. FocusMe is based on the Pomodoro technique for time management. When faced with any large task or series of tasks, break the work down into short, timed intervals (called 'Pomodoros') that are spaced out by short breaks. This allows you to immerse your mind, and get good work done. FocusMe now also includes the ability to block distracting websites so you can stay focused on your work.
- (2020-09-29) Rubio Suárez Alina Drusilla 5A: Me encanta, la super recomiendo para mejorar en productividad y concentración al estudiar. Pues no es solo el hecho de "cumplir con su objetivo", quizá sencillo, sino de hacerlo de forma eficaz. La app a pesar de ser simple es muy bonita, y la alarma que te indica los ciclos de tiempo es muy sutil, es decir, su sonido de notificación no es molesto. Además es genial ver el tiempo que va pasando en cuenta regresiva en la extensión fijada. Y no se diga más del método de POMODORO, es excelente para lograr ser un buen estudiante y aprovechar al máximo mi tiempo de estudio, como es mi caso.
- (2020-09-03) Benjamin Yap: Great but there is several bugs when trying to change the focus time
- (2020-08-26) milkyrei: Overall I like this extension. It stops me from going on websites that distract me. The only thing I would change is the messages it gives when you try and access a blocked website instead of something judgemental maybe something motivational like "Do it now, you won't regret it later". I do think the current messages are useful, and somewhat motivational but I think there should be at least some other ones
- (2020-08-13) Sangjun Park: Can't access blocked sites after I stopped the timer. I can only access them on 'Break Time'
- (2020-07-14) Liz Fogo: I love this extension. It's so exactly what I was looking for. The only thing I'd change would be having a few options for the notification sound. The one on there is incredibly...jarring? Especially if you're listening to music loud. Something just as noticeable, but not as high pitched? Maybe 2 or 3 options?
- (2020-04-11) vinod varanasi: good extension. in manual mode without starting the timer it is blocking websites. improvements can be made.
- (2020-01-27) Lexx Firecore: Is it possible to add task name for each pomodoro and track their history?
- (2020-01-16) Gray Wine: I like the site blocker. That sound is terrifying though, I almost soiled my trousers. Make it something softer or smoother. Like a single piano note, or at least something like a bell.
- (2020-01-05) Artur Soloviev: Main flow state machine and / or site list parser are SO poorly implemented I didn't realized how to block a site immediately even after 5 minutes of switching work timer, that senseless "On / Off" switcher on site list and even more senseless "Save" button in the same. You need to propagate the internal state to user or remove all that complicated stuff.
- (2019-11-05) riya gana: This is so useful! Thank you. I think it would be very good if the pomodoro time finishs, the chrome popup dialogs arise. I have to keep Silence in college, so I sometimes didn't notice the pomodoro finish. If there are popup dialogs, notice so fastly and easily. thank you, and sorry for bad english.
- (2019-10-10) Stel Why: there is no instructions,I don't know how to turn it off,and it won't let me go to blocked sites even when I don't set it. Great idea. I just don't know how to use it
- (2019-09-15) Ivan Borisov: Great but could be even better if this feature could be added I am blocking facebook but I want to whitelist urls containing /ads - www.facebook.com/ads/library Would appreciate if this could be added.
- (2019-08-29) Flemming Dørken: My work/break cycles are like this: 25/7, 30/7, 25/7, 30/long break so I would love the individual cycle lengths to be more configurable. That would in practice introduce a long break timer (the fourth break period). The concept of this extension is great though and the execution is simple and effective. Good job.
- (2019-08-21) Edmo Freitas: There's a bug where after a while the timer shows the time as something like "-14:0-16" Also the site blocker could block it like the The Great Suspender extension does, where you don't lose the link. Besides that it's a great extension.
- (2019-08-19) Mamade Dos Monos: I think this needs the option to block all sites and then have a whitelist. Some people may just need to block out a couple places, but for me, the internet is too full of distracting places to go to: news, social media, etc. I need to allow sites in.
- (2019-08-16) Jonathon Gidey: Works pretty great overall. Two things that would help is automatically unblocking sites when I pause the time and for some reason occasionally I get double the notifications but they are opposites? About once a week I'll get this thing where when it's time to take a break I get the "take a break" notification but also the "time to focus" notification. Then the opposite happens when it's time to focus
- (2019-08-10) Gabriel Pérez: Thanks for this extension. Its really helpful. But I would want a way to write what things I am doing in my pomodoro session. Thanks
- (2019-07-29) Ryan King: I've been on the "timer" train for years. When I got my first Chromebook some of the Apple apps didn't transfer over - no big deal. This is one of the best extensions I've deployed. Did you know: you can block out sites that want to bug you during your focused time? #topmarks #getthistool #usethistool #makeanotherdollarnotaminute
- (2019-07-16) sai srikar: I liked it, i have one enhancement with it, if there is a placeholder where you could know how many pomodoros you have done for the day
- (2019-05-10) Ahmed Hindy: Best one on the store 10/10
- (2019-05-01) greenzanman: isaac ur cool ++simple, efficient
- (2019-04-22) josh mcgee: It only blocks new pages that you go to. So if you want to block twitter, it will only stop you from opening a new twitter tab, it won't shut down your current twitter tab. This makes it virtually useless as a productivity helper
- (2019-02-27) Syauqi Dir: i will gift 5 star if remove, read and change data permission.
- (2019-02-19) Kiran K Telukunta: Simple to use nice extension. Would be great if you can make non changeable during the operation
- (2019-02-12) AK: The website blocker is poorly designed. If I pause/stop the timer, I should be able to then access blocked websites. The extension works well at the office, but it renders your browser unusable at home (when you want to access those blocked sites for more than 5 or 10 minute "breaks").
- (2020-09-21, v:2018.2.8) Pooja M: sound
the sound goes off every 5 minutes even when the timer is off, please fix!
- (2020-09-21, v:2018.2.8) Alleah Cobong: PAUSE BUTTON!!!
pause button pls
- (2020-08-16, v:2018.2.8) Kelly Siebers: Blocking all website
Hi, Is there a way to block all websites?
- (2020-07-22, v:2018.2.8) Igor Let: Pause and sounds
Great app! I would just like to have a pause button that doesn't restart the cycle and maybe more sounds to choose from.
- (2020-07-12, v:2018.2.8) Maxi Bongiovanni: Blocked sites
How do I block sites automaticaly when the timer is running?
- (2020-07-01, v:2018.2.8) David Fischer: Pause
Can I pause without resetting the timer?
- (2020-03-09, v:2018.2.8) Ramiro Rodriguez: quiero abrir las aplicaciones
quiero abrir aplicacioes
- (2020-02-10, v:2018.2.8) David Kellerman: No Sound
When I activate the timer and once the 25 minutes are over it does not make any sound, while the sound on the extension, hrome, my tab and computer is activated. How do I activate it?
- (2020-01-28, v:2018.2.8) Andrel Sitanggang: Device Support
Hello, can i install your app feature in android or android watch? Thank You
- (2019-12-05, v:2018.2.8) Brian Jansen: Focus Me
What do I have to do to get started.
- (2019-10-11, v:2018.2.8) David Reilly: webpage blocking
Is there a wildcard or something similar that allows you to block all web activity within the Chrome app?
- (2019-10-02, v:2018.2.8) SAMANTHA HARDESTY KNOLL: Privacy and Data
- (2019-08-08, v:2018.2.8) Alexandre Bourget: Negative timer
I set the timer for 2 minutes Break and 2 minutes Focus, just to help me keep track of time, so it basically buzz every 2 minutes. It works great but sometimes the timer expires and instead of buzzing and looping back to 2 minutes, it continues into negative values and I have to reset it manually. That's kind of annoying since it makes me loose focus... Would be nice of you to fix it... Thanks!
- (2019-02-26, v:2018.2.8) Purchase!
Hey man, I love this tool! I've been using Pomo methods for a long time. I run a small agency that works on UX/UI and I want to buy this tool off of you. Let me know if you are interested in having a chat
- (2019-01-28, v:2018.2.8) Adi Rahmany: Automatically block access to web-sites when timer starts
Instead of starting a session, then your mind wanders, then you go to Facebook and then you remember that the extension has option to disable access to web-sites.
- (2019-01-04, v:2018.2.8) Aly: Volume of the notification alert
You could add a volume meter for notification alerts, that would be great to not have to lower the volume of the browser in general and not be deaf for each notification but also without having to turn off the audio of the notification. It's just a suggestion :)
- (2018-12-05, v:2018.2.8) George Gordeyev: Negative values on timer
Hi, just came across issue when timer starts to go negative istead of stopping on expiry. So it looks like: -1:0-35 It was fine all the time before.
- (2018-11-29, v:2018.2.8) Кирилл Мороз: some things that can be improved
1. An ability to set up working hours. For example pomodoro cycle starts automatically at 8 am and stops at 5 pm. 2. An ability to set long break time after some number of pomodoro cycles. Long break time must be configurable. 3. Sites in the block list must be blocked immediately when break time is over (now they are blocked only after refreshing the tab). 4. Clock background colour should be changed to red during focus time and to green during break time.
- (2018-11-16, v:2018.2.8) Fieneke Jochemsen: Visibility website blocker
Hi, just a quick suggestion: the arrow you need to click on in order to block websites wasn't very visible for me. It took a lot of googling to find out how to get to the blocking feature. Maybe include an instruction in the description? But now I've found it: love the extension! Thanks!
- (2018-10-23, v:2018.2.8) Odys Lam: Blocking doesn't stop
Hey, Great addon, I love it! Only problem is that when I stop the timer, the addon continues to block the websites. Only workaround is to close and re-open chrome. Any idea? Cheers!