Limit your time spent on distracting sites. Limit is an extension that allows you to set time limits for distracting websites.
When you control your time on distracting websites, you’ll find you have far more time to focus on the things that matter most. To use Limit, simply enter the websites you find distracting and choose a daily time limit. For example, you could limit yourself to ten minutes a day on Facebook, or half an hour a day on Duolingo. When you approach your limit, Limit gently notifies you your time is almost up, so you can wrap up. And when you've reached your limit, you'll be directed to Freedom's calming Green Screen when you try to visit a limited website. - You can add or delete any website from the list of sites - Your time limit for each site is configurable, from 5 to 500 minutes - Limit comes pre-seeded with 10 distracting sites Limit is a product of Freedom Labs, where we develop new tools to help you balance your relationship with technology. Like our other extensions, Limit is highly privacy-conscious. None of your data is sent anywhere (the cloud, our servers, etc.) It remains secure on your own device. Learn more about Freedom here: https://freedom.to We hope you find Limit to be a simple and useful tool for developing healthier online habits and routines.
- (2022-06-18) Orion's Philosophy: I love limit as it allows me to waste less time on unproductive things, and I have more time to work, I've noticed that ever since using limit I've almost doubled my productivity. I've also increased in my mindfulness while browsing the web, thank you limit!
- (2022-06-17) Thlaungks: Limit does not prevent me from accessing a website after the time limit is reached.
- (2022-06-09) ccufcc: Indeed good for ADHD. However, why bother tweak blocking website in setting page? Just add a bottun in the extension or right click menu, click and ban?
- (2022-06-05) Sajid Ullah Sheikh: good one
- (2022-05-15) Akshaya Bala: I love the wide range of options it provides.. it works perfectly ..loving it..it definitely helped me to come out of my utube addiction. THANK UUU
- (2022-05-14) Daniel Li: good, but for some reason it counts down on localhost? can't see it on the list though so i can't change that, please fix as soon as possible
- (2022-05-13) Jaswant Solanki: I'm using the combination of Pause & Limit extension and its working good for me. Just one issue and missing setting (in Limit extension) is that - Timer should only be shown on websites you added in settings and not all sites. At least a settings toggle to NOT show timer on sites you haven't added.
- (2022-05-09) Mark: Very nice timer on top of every site. However, it is on for literally EVERY website. Also, when the timer exceeds the limits, nothing happens.
- (2022-05-06) لنمضي قدماً: great
- (2022-05-04) TuQa JO: بتساعد كثير لانه ما نحس بالوقت الي نمضيه على مواقع التواصل والانترنت ✨
- (2022-05-04) Jason PM: I love limit, its awesome, I'd love if freedom came with limit but for apps
- (2022-05-04) myah b: I love this app, Ive had a problem focusing on my studies as when I am on the computer I will go on apps like instagram or TikTok or always seem to find little loopholes to end up getting distracted. With this app, I have been MUCH more productive, and I strongly recommend y'all getting it if you struggle with time management.
- (2022-04-23) --: I guess I'll write a review to get a question answered, as John seems super responsive to reviews. Does this not work for subdomains? i.e. instead of reddit.com, if I put in reddit.com/r/movies? I want to limit certain subreddits while still allowing myself to use others. But it seems like it's not working.
- (2022-04-12) TheElder: Completely free, sleek, and functional
- (2022-04-10) Sazid Ndc: i just love it
- (2022-04-09) Saurabh Anand: Best app for avoiding distractions. Very easy and simple to use and above all it's FREE :D
- (2022-04-09) xxfaith2010xx statham: hi,is there anyway of blocking the extension puzzle icon so i cant switch off the timer for daily use? so im totaly limited to the time ive set? if anyone knows how i would be grateful,im totaly addicted to surfing the net and facebook,thank you,love the extension.
- (2022-04-06) ghislove gashlove: Right now I need to study for my finals and this bold green red illuminated my screen. Thank you for this extension
- (2022-03-31) Lanei Brown: Great tool that is simple to set up and easy to configure. It's a great way to stay aware of how much time is being spent on entertainment and is a good reminder to stay focused. I've found it very helpful to stay on track with my work.
- (2022-03-31) Marenz Zenram: The basic thing I needed is working, but the extra setting "Show time spent on website" sounded nice at first, but displays a huge box in the right-top corner which more often than not overlays something I want to read, click or otherwise see..
- (2022-03-26) Ala Messaoud: It's great tool simple and effective @John Pjontek thanks to you and all your team for this great idea hope to see much more innovation in the future
- (2022-02-22) Hoa Dieu: So glad i found this tool! Thank you Freedom team!
- (2022-02-05) Shaurya Trehan: gpod
- (2022-02-01) Kasey Markel: An excellent tool, does what it says on the tin. An excellent way to keep one's Twitter (or other guilty-pleasure site) consumption in check.
- (2022-01-27) Sean Sin: really shows me how much time I've been spending on social media. Frees up my time to do more valuable things
- (2022-01-18) Ronnie Shafran: Very convenient!
- (2022-01-11) Pete Lopez: So far so good. Does this count time only on my desktop or will my phone usage on a particular site also be noted? Is there a way to go to settings and see how much time has been spent on a site today?
- (2022-01-08) Devakinandan 21BRS1284: this is an awesome extension, thanks for sharing this.
- (2022-01-06) Ahmed ss: great
- (2022-01-03) Maria Vanessa Favila: VERY VERY VERY GREAT 😭♥🎉
- (2021-12-29) Sergio A: Simple and functional, I would add some kind of add time button and that it could be clicked once, like a last warning, also show a more little timer with a drag and drop function to a more customizable experience.
- (2021-12-28) Sharada Mistry: Its wonderful! but also the problem arises when my mind tells me to stop the limit so if there was a way to totally hide the settings...... and never return to them or smth? thanks
- (2021-12-18) Wout Van de Sompele: I'm gonna say the same thing most of the people already said in the reviews: Great extension that works perfectly, developers did a great job, but: Extra options that would be very useful 1. 1 minute countdown so you know the tab is almost being closed (i feel like this is almost a necessity) 2. Ability to show timer only on limited sites 3. Ability to move timer pop-up If the developers could add these the extension would be perfect.
- (2021-12-15) QTK: I love it
- (2021-12-04) Rulan Zheng: it works, simple and effective..
- (2021-11-30) Somesh Nayak: Its a good extension but the problem after the time limit is over it does not give any notification or anything saying its over however I have been able to see how much time I have spent it thats why I like this would be good btw if you fix that first problem though
- (2021-11-24) Anh Khoa Trần: Nice
- (2021-11-20) krishna gill: nice extension ,prevents wastage of time
- (2021-11-18) Matt Koster: Really helped me spend less time on reddit. Love it.
- (2021-11-16) Mehidi Hasan: its good
- (2021-11-14) Ezra Nathanael: This add-on is very helpful to stop indulging from Youtube. I decided to set 1 hour maximum for it and 25 minutes for other social media.
- (2021-11-10) Ong'any'o Ony'ango: largely works for me
- (2021-11-10) Redefined: It is really nice that I don't have the option to just continue using sites right away, because if I did have the option then I would just continue on. This helps my lazy brain move.
- (2021-11-07) Bhanuprakash Muddureddy: i wish if found this plugin earlier.. i would like to see some features like.. showing timer only on the blocked sites? and customize the timer display like drag and drop to any corner.. most of the time its getting overlapped on other plugin popup messages..
- (2021-11-06) Nguyen Hoa: Wonderful. Elegant design, and simple to use. I'd suggest enabling users to minimize/hide the time counter. However, sometimes, when I move the time counter, even though I have stopped pressing my mouse button, it doesn't let go of the counter, and it gets irritating at times.
- (2021-11-03) Andre Lackner: Doesnt work. Timer shows that I've far exceeded the time "Limits" but it doesn't actually do anything.
- (2021-11-03) ydoicare1256: Simple and intuitive - really helpful! I kind of wish though that I could adjust the visible timer size. I know that there is an option to hide it but I want to know how much time I have left. Moreover, as suggested here before - A warning or a countdown of the last minute or so would be amazing improvement!
- (2021-11-02) Aleksander Stabell Eriksen: Great when trying to focus, and gives you the opportunity to remain focused troughout your work-day
- (2021-10-31) Jaycea Kim: nothing happens after my time limit has passed? theres a timer on the website i put a limit on, and after the 20 minute limit, the timer just keeps going and nothing happens?
- (2021-10-22) Pranay Bhagwat: Amazing service, very helpful.
- (2022-01-20, v:0.1.7) H Yun: it seem not working
I add a website and put the time limit 5 min. The popup display on the right shows me the time I have spent on the site. 7 min passed, but still nothing happen. I still can stay on the site. Anything I do not know about the plug in?
- (2021-08-21, v:0.1.7) Akasha Tsang: More complex time limit schedules/rules
In addition to limiting time limit per session, it would be nice to enable custom time limits by schedules/rules. Examples: On weekend days, time limit per session is... On specified days, time limit per session is... during X-Y hours. After X o'clock, time limit per session is... But cumulative time limit per specified days is...
- (2021-07-12, v:0.1.7) Personal Development: Limit per session, not per day
I'm not sure if you could add this to the current extension or maybe create a new one. I would like to be able to limit my time per session (rather than per day) and then be forced to take a break for a certain amount of time. Let's say I need to check FB to comment on my business page, but I don't want to get sucked in. I could limit my time on FB to 15 min and then that time would reset in X hours. (not the next day) So I could set it for 15 min with a 2hr reset time. This would also be useful in setting up "rewards" or short timed breaks throughout the day. I just need something to tell me my time's up for a session, not the entire day. The first business to come up with this feature is going to do well because I know so many others that want this and NO ONE offers it.
- (2021-06-06, v:0.1.7) henry fisher: Password
Is there a way to set a password for it?
- (2021-05-04, v:0.1.7) Bryan Evans: Limit per hour, not just per day
It'd be great if this could set time limits per hour, not just per day. For example, I want to set a 10-minute limit that resets every hour for Reddit because it can be useful for my job, but I can also spend hours on it if I'm not careful. I want it to kick me off after 10 minutes, but if I need to look something up or post a question later in the day, I want to be able to do that too.
- (2021-04-30, v:0.1.7) Nisuga Jayawardana: Timer display is covering the background behind
Want to adjust transpareny of timer display
- (2021-04-26, v:0.1.7) Yu Shuo Ng: no limit page show after time limit reached
I have exceed the time limit on ebay.co.uk but it didnt redirect to the blank page after but the icon on the setting has turned red. It does redirect on youtube.com, not sure why its not working on ebay.co.uk, can you please help to have a look, much appreciated! Xx P.S.: other than this issue, its an amazing extension, I F**KING LOVE IT!
- (2021-04-17, v:0.1.7) KBSter: Cannot figure out how to set time limits using Chromebook
I cannot find an icon on my chromebook for Limit, so I haven't been able to set my own time limits for various sites. Please advise. Karen
- (2021-04-10, v:0.1.7) XoXkS: Feature Suggestion: Disable Limit for a specific Time
Hi, Sometimes I need to disable the limit, since I actually want to do something useful on the blocked site. After that I usually forget to reenableing it and am back to procastinating. A feature where I could disable the blocking for a set amount of time, e.g. 15 Minutes, and after that it reactivates automatically would be great. In any Case thank you for your great Work!
- (2021-04-09, v:0.1.7) Sujay Mehta: Options / Settings are disabled
I am unable to change the settings for this extension.
- (2021-03-02, v:0.1.7) Ben Davies: Passwords to override the limit
Can there be a feature to set passwords so the extensions cannot be disabled unless a password is presented
- (2021-03-01, v:0.1.7) Antonio C: Perfect, but does not work with web.whatsapp.com
is there a way to make it work for https://web.whatsapp.com/ ?
- (2021-02-10, v:0.1.6) AvisRebecca Geronime: Timer blocking buttons
I am forced to turn the timer off because it gets in the way of buttons on some of the websites I Limit. I wish the timer was over the extension icon instead of on the website screen, or atleast make a quick link in the icon drop down next to "disable limit" and "open settings", so that it's easier to access.
- (2021-02-03, v:0.1.6) Indiana Kernick: Show timer in extension popup
The timer is very obstructive. It would be nice if the timer was shown inside the popup window of the extension. This would avoid covering up the actual website. I could just click the extension icon and see the timer.
- (2020-12-13, v:0.1.6) Hoan Le: Allow us to adjust opacity, size, and location of the timer
It is very distracting on some websites, annoying and it block you from being able to see certain buttons and features imbedded on those sites.
- (2020-11-17, v:0.1.6) Giorgio Tran: Unable to block websites with limits
Hello, a website that I added, typeracer.com, doesn't get blocked even after I reach the limit.
- (2020-09-19, v:0.1.6) Ankit Jain: Feature of automatically logging out of the "blocked" website
Please add feature of either automatically logging out of the "blocked" website or give 10 seconds grace time for manually logging out. E.g. I've put limit on Facebook for 10 mins, as soon as 10 mins gets over it completely shuts me away from Facebook and then I'm unable to logout as well. I don't want to kept logged into account.
- (2020-08-11, v:0.1.6) nobody knows: extension
how do i set a time limit?
- (2020-07-18, v:0.1.6) Fattah Mahmud Nihal: Isn't warning or blocking the site
I put a 10 min limit on www.twitter.com ; but I can still be able to get access to the site. Well what's wrong with this extension? I again found this problem while using www.linkedin.com
- (2020-06-18, v:0.1.6) Sebastian Żebrowski: Option for turning off popup on some websites
currently the popup shows up on every page, I would like to turn in off on specific website
- (2020-06-09, v:0.1.5) David de Caires e Freitas: Typing form input
Hi, if I'm typing something, everything I worked on is lost because the extension kills the page. Please don't destroy form input when triggering the time limit. What ever is unsaved shouldn't be lost, rather don't kill the page in the way you do. Cheers
- (2020-05-20, v:0.1.5) PrincexRaven: 0 minutes limit
I know the purpose of Limit is a site limiter not a site blocker, but it would be really convenient to be able to set my limit to zero. I've been using Limit to limit my time on social media sites that are inducing anxiety attacks, and I've determined with my partner and my therapist that right now with all of the news and the chaos, it would be best to avoid facebook entirely. I don't want to deactivate my account because I still want to be able to use Messenger since that's how I talk to my in-laws and to my sister. It would be really helpful to be able to set my Limit to zero for now! I really think this would help a lot of people, especially with everything going on right now. Thanks for your consideration!
- (2020-05-14, v:0.1.5) Howard Richman: set time limit
I wanted to use this extension for chrome to limit my daughter's youtube time. I installed it and then I chose "specific site" but I do not see where you actually adjust the time. Thank you.
- (2020-04-21, v:0.1.1) Kreiz Blitzer: Limit Suggestion - Hourly Limit
Hi! I've been using this app for less than a week now and I've never been so productive with using my time! Although, it would really be nice to have an option for setting an hourly time limit for specific websites. For example, I may be only allowed to spend 5 minutes each for Facebook and Twitter. This would reset after an hour, allowing me to spend another 5 minutes. I can do this using the daily limit, but it would have to be self-enforced.
- (2020-04-11, v:0.1.1) Ovi Hentea: Extension doesn't suspend access to listed website
I put a 25min limit on www.twitch.tvnyet I am still able to access it even after it's past one hour (as per extension's timer).
- (2020-01-15, v:0.1.1) Fabio Andrés Navarrete Higuera: Undesired track on google.com
The extension seems to track my time on google.com I don't want it to do that. In the list of applications tracked there is no google.com but it's still tracking my time there. Is there anything I can do to avoid this?