Limit your time spent on distracting sites. Limit is an extension that allows you to set time limits for distracting websites.
When you control your time on distracting websites, you’ll find you have far more time to focus on the things that matter most. To use Limit, simply enter the websites you find distracting and choose a daily time limit. For example, you could limit yourself to ten minutes a day on Facebook, or half an hour a day on Duolingo. When you approach your limit, Limit gently notifies you your time is almost up, so you can wrap up. And when you've reached your limit, you'll be directed to Freedom's calming Green Screen when you try to visit a limited website. - You can add or delete any website from the list of sites - Your time limit for each site is configurable, from 5 to 500 minutes - Limit comes pre-seeded with 10 distracting sites Limit is a product of Freedom Labs, where we develop new tools to help you balance your relationship with technology. Like our other extensions, Limit is highly privacy-conscious. None of your data is sent anywhere (the cloud, our servers, etc.) It remains secure on your own device. Learn more about Freedom here: https://freedom.to We hope you find Limit to be a simple and useful tool for developing healthier online habits and routines.
- (2021-06-17) Sanyukta Vegesana: Its absolutely amazing!! This was the exact extension i hv been looking for!!
- (2021-06-13) hao lee: I hope I can add multiple websites together to limit the total time, because I can play on multiple websites, it's not helpful to limit a single website sometime
- (2021-06-06) Gin Lim: This is amazing for productivity. Definitely love it.
- (2021-06-05) um mapping: Thanks, whenever I use my computer I tend to forget about everything and start mindlessly watching on the internet. It always happens at night. Usually I 11 pm to 2 am. It is pretty bad by this extension can really help the problem out. I just have a suggestion: after a couple hours of the site getting timed out can you just make remove the timeout after some hours rather than it reseting after a day passes? Give the user the ability to change the timeout length, a minimum of 1 hour and 30 minutes maybe. So the user doesn't cheat and put 1 second. I just timed out youtube a couple of hours ago and it is still disabled, its a little annoying.
- (2021-06-02) Les Créateliers: Doesn't work. set a 30 minutes limit and been on the website for 1:46:50 and didn't get kicked out :(
- (2021-06-01) Emily: I have always been procrastinating my work ever since I've had online school, but I stopped procrastinating when I downloaded this extension. I try to limit myself, and it's been working. I've been trying to head to YouTube, and all the other stuff, but limited blocks me from doing that. (In a good way) This extension literally saves me from getting glasses, and helps me fall asleep. For all of us who get distracted easily, I highly do recommend this extension 😀
- (2021-05-30) Ефим Потреба: Perfect! Just what I need! Thanks!
- (2021-05-28) Jake Hopkins: This is great for me (entrepreneur) limiting social media time! I have to be on there for marketing but have trouble avoiding getting sucked in---the timer helps a ton. One thing that would make it extra-great would be either disabling the timer on certain websites instead of a fullsend on/off everywhere.
- (2021-05-25) AS Music: Really grateful to the developers, this simple extension has really improved my work ethic As a student I was addicted to discord and spent more than 10 hours a day on it, it was a really unhealthy addiction and I was suffering a lot due to it. Thanks to this extension, my addiction has been severely, if not totally, reduced. No complaints whatsoever from my side! Thanks a lot!
- (2021-05-18) dino: its a very good and free extension and the green screen you get once you hit your limit is also very calming i think. really great 5 starts :)
- (2021-05-18) Subham Raj: when i am putting a timer of 20 mins in https://www.quora.com it is not working.so kindly look into it
- (2021-05-17) Rae Garrett: I liked it a lot, but I wish it had a one more minute button. It can be pretty annoying when i'm in the middle of reading or typing something, and I get cut off. If it had a one more minute button, just to finish that up, that would be great. Other than that, I love this, and it's super helpful.
- (2021-05-16) Kai Fireborn: Does indeed save a bunch of time, especially after I discovered Reddit a year ago. I just iwsh there was a "Just two more minutes" button to finish writing a comment or stuff, and disabling the thing is always tempting as heck
- (2021-05-12) Christian Edensor Arbon: Super useful. To be honest, this extension saved me from going to SNS a lot of times and it gets me more focused on things that I have to do.
- (2021-05-11) quackiwi: I love the app, very useful and made me a lot more productive!
- (2021-05-08) Luke Agosta: Even excluding the website limits I like this extension for the ability to turn on a stopwatch for each website in the corner of the screen. That alone helps me keep on track of my time. Unfortunately if you turn that option on, the box with the stopwatch gets in the way with seeing what is behind it. The stopwatch would be perfect if you could set it to a little more transparent and when you hover over it it fades away until you remove your cursor.
- (2021-05-02) James Bao: I've been using it for a few days, and I've noticed that it sets an arbitrary time limit for time spent on YouTube (on laptop browser) that I can't get rid of, even when I add YouTube as an exception.
- (2021-05-01) X W: I was going to echo the "I'd like to be able to move the timer" suggestion and the dev says that's already in the current version 0.1.7 but I just installed it yesterday and there is no obvious/intuitive way to do that. Jay Weiser's suggestion is solid -- make the box transparent on mouseover to assist clickthroughs. Perhaps allow a setting for preferred level of transparency?
- (2021-04-30) Nisuga Jayawardana: Great. Can have more focus now. Small suggestion. Timer display is covering the background behind. Can you make it more transparent or any other fix ?
- (2021-04-29) Prajwal Talwalkar: this extension is very good and it helps me to cut off my distractions.
- (2021-04-29) Lewis Paige: Using the internet gets so much easier with this thing, at least for me.
- (2021-04-26) Dan M: Really useful for people who get distracted easily. Would be really great if you could pause it for a certain time like 30 minutes for my lunch break. Instead I have to disable it over lunch and I often forget to switch it back on
- (2021-04-21) Jonathan: Limit is great but I wish it had a password feature to resist the temptation of just removing the listed sites. Apart from that it a really good extension
- (2021-04-16) Matthew Carpenter: This extension, along with the Freedom app, have been game changers for me. I have probably increased my productive hours by 3 or 4 hours per day. This kind of product SHOULD be part and parcel of every browser.
- (2021-04-10) Suhani Pathak: It's great!!! I have a question, though. What happens if I reduce the time limit of this extension website to zero? Can I do that? Will I still be able to use this website or will I have to remove it? (I'm working from a pc.)
- (2021-04-04) Aditi Solanki: extremely helpful extension, helps me keep my usage in check on my own without having to block sites for a specific time period.. will recommend it for those who are addicted to social media and need to regulate their usage :-) great work
- (2021-04-02) Emir Ingired: This is a very nice extension but the time limit window is a bit too big. If maybe not available to edit, I wish it would at least be smaller and/or transparent.
- (2021-03-30) Marco Polo: I wish that I can change the counter area and resize it I liked this add so much
- (2021-03-22) George Hart: I really like it! the functions are super simple to understand and tweak. I really feel much better not being on social media so much.
- (2021-03-22) gustavo monte: Unfortunately it appears that it doesn't work on Brave. The amount of time you have spent on a webpage is displayed but when it reaches its limit, the window isn't blocked or taken to Freedom green screen.
- (2021-03-20) mary oshunkoya: Freedom Well, you'd think freedom is very proud of themselves, the amount of people who use it! ITS SO ANNOYING WHEN IM TRYING TO USE A SITE IT HAS TO GIVE ME A STUPID "DAILY LIMIT" THING DO NOT INSTALL ITS SO ANOYYING I REPEAT DO NOT INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2021-03-20) Pranjal Sharma: Absolutely simple and works amazingly, keeps us efficient and focused on our work !
- (2021-03-18) Vid Vo: It's really helps the fact you can add websites I never got distracted ever again
- (2021-03-05) VIDAPU RAJANI: Thank you for controlling my activities
- (2021-03-01) Annie: Exactly what I needed, it's clear and simple.
- (2021-02-28) Patima Chaichana: It would be great if you have an alert before running out of time.
- (2021-02-25) Dan H: Excellent, and super simple to use. It would be good to see some kind of Timer integrated into the UI of the extension, as I was not sure whether it was working even when it said it was enabled. I can confirm that the timer works secretly in the background and the screen will blank out green with a message should you go over your daily limit of time. Brilliant, integration.
- (2021-02-23) Toby Duag: This is so helpful. As one challenged by online distractions, it's good to be reminded that I am free (in my context-in CHRIST). It's simple and constructive.
- (2021-02-22) Tucker zischka: Does exactly what it says it can do
- (2021-02-19) Lalz: Please remove the option to disable limit. 😬
- (2021-02-15) Asaf Shtrul: it doesn't work on sites which I add. strange
- (2021-02-10) AvisRebecca Geronime: It does exactly what I need... cuts me off when I'm sucked into the computer screen! :p I like that the timer can be turned on/off because it gets in the way of buttons on some of the websites I Limit. Though I do wish the timer was over the extension icon instead of on the website screen, or atleast make a quick link in the icon drop down with "disable limit" and "open settings", so that it's easier to access.
- (2021-02-10) Legendary Chicken: This is great. Helps me not get into things im not supposed to.
- (2021-02-05) Afraid By Snow: Excellent extension ! I'm truly thankful for the team who gave us access to this for free, great tool allowing for a lot of customization to concentrate more on whatever you are doing. 5 stars well deserved !
- (2021-02-03) Kathleen Bowe: It's effective, but I really wish it would give me a 60 second notification or something. The number of times it has suddenly prevented me from finishing and posting a paragraph-long response to someone on Facebook in job-related or professional groups is almost enough for me to un-install it. A few more times and I'm ditching it. I'm losing more time having to re-write things than I save with it blocking me.
- (2021-01-28) vinita duseja: The time limit is 1 hour today it closed its so bad Like its forcing me to close They cant give me 10 mins extra to watch
- (2021-01-26) Achille Broggi: really nice and allows me to manage the time i spend on distracting websites. Only complaint, the timer is annoying! it would be nice to be able to resize or move it, especially when it covers buttons on the website that i need to click.
- (2021-01-18) Novah: Great add on. It's helping me gradually get over my youtube addiction during work, but I wish that the timer would continue running even if i'm not directly clicked onto the window/tab. I usually play videos in the background so it's really easy to rakc up a couple of hours having distracting noise in the background It's also pretty easy to bypass by going on incognito mode, but i guess that's to be expected given the nature of incognito mode, and that's more of a me/self-control problem.
- (2021-01-18) Alex Furukawa: The limit on the site I chose was not enacted until I restarted my browser. This was the first time I used Limit, so I don't know if that's normal. It was kind of pointless to be able to while away a good hour on my distracting site, when I specifically created a 25-minute limit for it!
- (2021-01-16) P.Sankara Narayana Murthy: This extension a ton of your time wasted on distracting sites 👍👍👍👍
- (2021-06-06, v:0.1.7) henry fisher: Password
Is there a way to set a password for it?
- (2021-05-04, v:0.1.7) Bryan Evans: Limit per hour, not just per day
It'd be great if this could set time limits per hour, not just per day. For example, I want to set a 10-minute limit that resets every hour for Reddit because it can be useful for my job, but I can also spend hours on it if I'm not careful. I want it to kick me off after 10 minutes, but if I need to look something up or post a question later in the day, I want to be able to do that too.
- (2021-04-30, v:0.1.7) Nisuga Jayawardana: Timer display is covering the background behind
Want to adjust transpareny of timer display
- (2021-04-26, v:0.1.7) Yu Shuo Ng: no limit page show after time limit reached
I have exceed the time limit on ebay.co.uk but it didnt redirect to the blank page after but the icon on the setting has turned red. It does redirect on youtube.com, not sure why its not working on ebay.co.uk, can you please help to have a look, much appreciated! Xx P.S.: other than this issue, its an amazing extension, I F**KING LOVE IT!
- (2021-04-17, v:0.1.7) KBSter: Cannot figure out how to set time limits using Chromebook
I cannot find an icon on my chromebook for Limit, so I haven't been able to set my own time limits for various sites. Please advise. Karen
- (2021-04-10, v:0.1.7) XoXkS: Feature Suggestion: Disable Limit for a specific Time
Hi, Sometimes I need to disable the limit, since I actually want to do something useful on the blocked site. After that I usually forget to reenableing it and am back to procastinating. A feature where I could disable the blocking for a set amount of time, e.g. 15 Minutes, and after that it reactivates automatically would be great. In any Case thank you for your great Work!
- (2021-04-09, v:0.1.7) Sujay Mehta: Options / Settings are disabled
I am unable to change the settings for this extension.
- (2021-03-02, v:0.1.7) Ben Davies: Passwords to override the limit
Can there be a feature to set passwords so the extensions cannot be disabled unless a password is presented
- (2021-03-01, v:0.1.7) Antonio C: Perfect, but does not work with web.whatsapp.com
is there a way to make it work for https://web.whatsapp.com/ ?
- (2021-02-10, v:0.1.6) AvisRebecca Geronime: Timer blocking buttons
I am forced to turn the timer off because it gets in the way of buttons on some of the websites I Limit. I wish the timer was over the extension icon instead of on the website screen, or atleast make a quick link in the icon drop down next to "disable limit" and "open settings", so that it's easier to access.
- (2021-02-03, v:0.1.6) Indiana Kernick: Show timer in extension popup
The timer is very obstructive. It would be nice if the timer was shown inside the popup window of the extension. This would avoid covering up the actual website. I could just click the extension icon and see the timer.
- (2020-12-13, v:0.1.6) Hoan Le: Allow us to adjust opacity, size, and location of the timer
It is very distracting on some websites, annoying and it block you from being able to see certain buttons and features imbedded on those sites.
- (2020-11-17, v:0.1.6) Giorgio Tran: Unable to block websites with limits
Hello, a website that I added, typeracer.com, doesn't get blocked even after I reach the limit.
- (2020-09-19, v:0.1.6) Ankit Jain: Feature of automatically logging out of the "blocked" website
Please add feature of either automatically logging out of the "blocked" website or give 10 seconds grace time for manually logging out. E.g. I've put limit on Facebook for 10 mins, as soon as 10 mins gets over it completely shuts me away from Facebook and then I'm unable to logout as well. I don't want to kept logged into account.
- (2020-08-11, v:0.1.6) nobody knows: extension
how do i set a time limit?
- (2020-07-18, v:0.1.6) Fattah Mahmud Nihal: Isn't warning or blocking the site
I put a 10 min limit on www.twitter.com ; but I can still be able to get access to the site. Well what's wrong with this extension? I again found this problem while using www.linkedin.com
- (2020-06-18, v:0.1.6) Sebastian Żebrowski: Option for turning off popup on some websites
currently the popup shows up on every page, I would like to turn in off on specific website
- (2020-06-09, v:0.1.5) David de Caires e Freitas: Typing form input
Hi, if I'm typing something, everything I worked on is lost because the extension kills the page. Please don't destroy form input when triggering the time limit. What ever is unsaved shouldn't be lost, rather don't kill the page in the way you do. Cheers
- (2020-05-20, v:0.1.5) PrincexRaven: 0 minutes limit
I know the purpose of Limit is a site limiter not a site blocker, but it would be really convenient to be able to set my limit to zero. I've been using Limit to limit my time on social media sites that are inducing anxiety attacks, and I've determined with my partner and my therapist that right now with all of the news and the chaos, it would be best to avoid facebook entirely. I don't want to deactivate my account because I still want to be able to use Messenger since that's how I talk to my in-laws and to my sister. It would be really helpful to be able to set my Limit to zero for now! I really think this would help a lot of people, especially with everything going on right now. Thanks for your consideration!
- (2020-05-14, v:0.1.5) Howard Richman: set time limit
I wanted to use this extension for chrome to limit my daughter's youtube time. I installed it and then I chose "specific site" but I do not see where you actually adjust the time. Thank you.
- (2020-04-21, v:0.1.1) Kreiz Blitzer: Limit Suggestion - Hourly Limit
Hi! I've been using this app for less than a week now and I've never been so productive with using my time! Although, it would really be nice to have an option for setting an hourly time limit for specific websites. For example, I may be only allowed to spend 5 minutes each for Facebook and Twitter. This would reset after an hour, allowing me to spend another 5 minutes. I can do this using the daily limit, but it would have to be self-enforced.
- (2020-04-11, v:0.1.1) Ovi Hentea: Extension doesn't suspend access to listed website
I put a 25min limit on www.twitch.tvnyet I am still able to access it even after it's past one hour (as per extension's timer).
- (2020-01-15, v:0.1.1) Fabio Andrés Navarrete Higuera: Undesired track on google.com
The extension seems to track my time on google.com I don't want it to do that. In the list of applications tracked there is no google.com but it's still tracking my time there. Is there anything I can do to avoid this?