Boost your productivity by limiting the amount of time you spend on time-wasting websites.
You sit down at the computer, and you swear you'll be productive. Next thing you know, it's twelve hours later. You've checked your email, updated your Facebook status, blown through 200 pages of Reddit, read every article in your Twitter feed, looked up your favorite band on Wikipedia, vanity googled yourself, cyber-stalked your ex, browsed through all your high-school crushes' Instagram feeds, and lost a week's pay playing online poker. What you haven't done is WORK. StayFocusd is a productivity extension for Google Chrome that helps you stay focused on work by restricting the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites. Once your allotted time has been used up, the sites you have blocked will be inaccessible for the rest of the day. It's highly configurable, allowing you to block or allow entire sites, specific subdomains, specific paths, specific pages, even specific in-page content (videos, images, forms, etc). Problems? Questions? Suggestions? Effusive praise? Email [email protected] PRIVACY NOTICE: When you install StayFocusd, it will ask you to grant a number of permissions, including “Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.” This permission is required in order for StayFocusd to run on any site which you may visit—without this permission, StayFocusd would not be able to block websites. While this permission technically grants StayFocusd the ability to read and change data, we will never collect personal data from the web page content that you are browsing. This extension is maintained by Sensor Tower.
- (2023-11-29) Crayon: Love it and thank you the team from bottom from my heart！
- (2023-11-29) K PRANAV: Good for people addicted to websites like youtube and twitter etc
- (2023-11-25) rimjhim: love it!! helps me stay focused all the time now. the messages that pop up are really funnylmaoo
- (2023-11-24) Varad M: Really awesome extension. I like the messages you get when trying to cheat or increasing your time since it makes you more self aware
- (2023-11-23) D. R: After a hurricane that knock the lights. I realized that the places I go for entertainment make me unhappy and make waste my time. Also that I was trained like a pavlov dog to return to them oftenly. Thanks to Stayfocusd I am away from those distractions that deplete my dopamine.
- (2023-11-22) Joshua Hamilton: It actually works unlike all the other ones I've tried
- (2023-11-22) Ahmed Abtahi: good extension mate
- (2023-11-22) Jigyasu Rajput: The best of the best extension to block distracting websites
- (2023-11-22) Amina Khatun Mim: Checkout the dashboard for insights ... It will show you how much time you spent on different website Superb feature
- (2023-11-22) Shakayla Moore: love it. It has a option for blocking certain sites or only allowing certain sites. Game changer for sure.
- (2023-11-21) Eugenio Doñaque: I just installed this, but I've gotta give some kudos to the developers for encouraging not to extend the default limit. Had a nice laugh reading their message and did not go through finally.
- (2023-11-20) Mino F16: So good. Love the challenge option.
- (2023-11-19) Joshua Hamilton: Best site blocker I've used so far! I haven't relapsed once since I've installed it
- (2023-11-17) TRUONG ANH DUNG HUYNH: It works well. Creative and productive.
- (2023-11-16) joao Henrique Costa: super útil pra quem trabalha de home office e não tem boa disciplina, ou se distrai fácil
- (2023-11-15) Alex Xue: Excellent extension! I love how it stopped me from being able to add more time after my time limit was over. I've completely stopped playing games I was once addicted to.
- (2023-11-14) Heath C: Life saver
- (2023-11-14) Shaunti Knauth: super helpful - as well as limiting my browsing during work hours, it helps me track how much time I am browsing
- (2023-11-12) Kaan: Ya no perderé más tiempo en redes, gracias
- (2023-11-12) B.C.: Очень полезное расширение с широким функционалом.
- (2023-11-09) Zwayla Elizabeth Converse: Stops me from reading buzzfeed type articles while I'm working, keeps me off of any distracting social media or messaging sites that hinder productivity.
- (2023-11-09) David Siret Marqués: Great extension to manage your useless webpages that syphon off most of your time. there are a few ways to trick it, but overall, it works fine
- (2023-11-08) Divyanshu Tripathi: The website is very good.It blocks distracting websites
- (2023-11-08) Pratham: best to focus
- (2023-11-06) Darwin Betancur: Great app, if you want to be productive, this tool must be installed in your Chrome, nice work guys!
- (2023-11-06) Archit Kashyap: It's a necessity
- (2023-11-06) Rishi Bliss: Has been so helpful, keeping me focused and undistracted. Love it
- (2023-11-05) Antonio: muy buena
- (2023-11-05) Manahil Naeem: HANDS DOWN THE BEST APP FOR BLOCKING OUT DISTRACTIONS
- (2023-11-05) Clinton Fernandes: Just what I needed. All the features are useful.
- (2023-11-04) Thiago Oliveira: Se funcionar, eu só tenho uma coisa a dizer, esta extensão salvou meu futuro... é serio.
- (2023-11-04) Valorem Paethai: Excellent
- (2023-11-02) Edison Espinosa: excellent. keeps me focused
- (2023-11-02) yash upadhyay: One of THE best productivity app. Thank you for developing this and also keeping it free to use.
- (2023-11-01) Huang Guan: thanks developer create this amazing extensions for all of chrome user, it's greate
- (2023-10-30) TvH: Really useful - and done with a touch of humour
- (2023-10-30) Daniel Quintanar: Kind of partner in job. Hope you couldnt turn it off.
- (2023-10-29) Ajay singh: useful
- (2023-10-28) 13nibb: Can't adjust settings because "Time is used up for today" which is everyday because the time allowed is set to zero
- (2023-10-28) Aparna Gaur: This extension has been really helpful.
- (2023-10-26) Abdallah Nasir: The best decision I made was to install StayFocused! The worst decision I make sometimes is to disable the plugin. I am not brave enough to add the extention pages to the disabled ones :D
- (2023-10-26) Junior Chavez: Really useful
- (2023-10-26) Jose Santos: Very productive tool.
- (2023-10-24) 조영훈: 최고.
- (2023-10-23) laomash yatima: ממש ממש נחמד, צריך להתמצא באנגלית, אבל למי שיכול ממש ממליץ, אפילו קצת משעשע, מאוד אהבתי...
- (2023-10-23) Ryan Hudson: Top extension. Thanks StayFocused - you're awesome. Only thing I could think of improving would be to include the option to have different nuclear options - for instance: I want to block Youtube for multiple hours at a time, but I want to block Whatsapp Web for only an hour at a time. With only one list of Blocked Sites, I can't separate these. I would love to see a feature for that. But otherwise, highly recommended!
- (2023-10-22) Nick Cihlar: Hello. While your product looks very good, you have yet to write me back about understanding better how it works. Please Please please do so! Thank you much!!!!!!!!!
- (2023-10-20) Javier Arce: The redemption has a huge problem: whenever a website is blocked, you can never go back to the specific open url, once the block is lift.
- (2023-10-20) Erel Glenn Estopito: This is so awesome honestly!!! AND ITS FREEEE??? like whaaat?? it feels like the bestie I thought really needed and just came right on time when I need it the most. What really kept me were the funny remarks and warnings, like bruh, I can't dissappoint you EVER! Thank you developers! truly grateful.
- (2022-12-07, v:1.6.1) Kimia N: unlisted webiste blocked
A website that wasn't blocked (notion.so) was blocked for me. I have facebook, instagram, and twitter blocked. the little blue clock was not red when I was on notion.so
- (2022-12-01, v:1.6.1) Don: Can a Facebook group be added
I'm in a weight loss program that has a daily video to watch. Can I add that to be watched later in the day?
- (2022-11-28, v:1.6.1) James Bugher: change redirect website?
Can I change the redirect website to a custom website or does it have to be redirected to the StayFocusd site?
- (2022-11-27, v:1.6.1) Joseph Tobin: Why is nuke mood not working?
I have nuke mode set for 4:05PM, every day, for 23.92 hours. Unless it is between 4 and 4:05PM, only sites in my allowed list should be accessible. However, it is 1:34AM, and I am able to get on many sites not on my allowed sites list like google, amazon, yahoo, bing. (Active hours are 12AM - 11:59PM. Daily reset is 12AM. If this matters)
- (2022-11-21, v:1.6.1) Corinne Curcie: Non-blocked site getting blocked
I'm clicking on a link from a non-blocked site (so Stalker Option shouldn't apply), and the link leads to a non-blocked site, but when the link opens it shows the StayFocusd screen as if it were a blocked site.
- (2022-11-19, v:1.6.1) Esther Xie: Capital letters in websites added to allowed list are identified all as lowercases
It seems that the allowed list could not identify capital and lowercase letters, but this make some website different. For example, https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV14q4y1k7oZ and https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV14q4y1k7oz are two different links, though the only difference between them is the last letter.
- (2022-11-14, v:1.6.1) root cao: Is there a way to unblock certain websites temporarily?
Is there a way to unblock certain websites temporarily? Sometimes I need to watch videos on Youtube to do research, and I don't want to switch to a different Chrome profile to circumvent the blocking every time. Thank you!
- (2022-10-11, v:1.6.1) John Tucker: With challenge activated you can still cheat the system, please consider this change
Hello, When someone has the challenge activated and they select the "let me access limited settings so I can be more productive" the application allows you to change the Active days. In essence, one can cheat the system and deselect a day or all days. Then you have access to blocked content the next day or if you move the computer clock ahead at the moment. Please consider filling this gap and are you able to change the code not to allow users to access Active days when the challenge is activated? Thanks in advance!
- (2022-10-04, v:1.6.1) akruiner: JSON Configuration?
Hello, I'm interested in using your app and want to deploy it via Google Admin. I would like to avoid having to go to every system to manually configure the app settings. Do you have any information on how I could configure a JSON file to work with your app? Thanks
- (2022-09-26, v:1.6.1) William Sox: Can't update Nuclear Option end time
First of all, I love this extension. Have used it extensively for the last 7 years. However, I have noticed one small bug (or maybe this is a feature request?). Frequently, I want to adjust the Nuclear Option end time, keeping it in effect longer. Currently, the only way to do this is to add a Nuclear Option period longer than the current one, meaning there is a range of end times that are completely inaccessible. For example: 1. At 2:00PM, I activate the Nuclear Option, starting "Right now" for a period of 2 hours. StayFocusd tells me "The Nuclear Option is active until 4:00PM". 2. An hour and a half later, at 3:30PM, I decide I want to keep the Nuclear Option active until 5:00PM. As far as I can tell there is currently *no way* to make this update, no matter what I enter in the Nuclear Option fields. a. If I enter "1 hour(s)" (i.e. "extend the current nuke an hour, from 4PM to 5PM") in the "How long?" box and select "NUKE 'EM", StayFocusd tells me "You cannot choose a more lenient setting for the Nuclear Option while it is active." b. If I enter "1.5 hour(s)" (i.e. "make The Nuclear Option active from now, 3:30PM, until 1.5 hours later, 5PM), StayFocusd tells me "You cannot choose a more lenient setting for the Nuclear Option while it is active." c. If I enter "3 hour(s)" (i.e. "make the current nuke active from 3 hours from the initial start time of 2PM, instead of only 2 hours"), StayFocusd delays my current end time by another 3 hours -- i.e., it tells me "The Nuclear Option is active until 7:30PM" Thanks! (Also sent an email so apologies if you already saw that)
- (2022-03-09, v:1.6.0) Thomas Z: Don't suspend while typing / editing in a tab
It has happened to me several times that StayFocusd suspended my tab while I was typing in it, and all my progress was lost. Please don't suspend a tab when it is both active & editing is ocurring in it.
- (2022-03-08, v:1.6.0) Sharry Rachel: Blocking websites at random
Hello, I am wondering something. The StayFocused extension is randomly blocking websites that I really need. It is fun that the extension helps me to focus, but right now it is also helping me to procrastinate on finding a job, as it randomly blocks websites with job adverts! Kind of funny, but I wonder how I can stop the extension from randomly "blocking" websites I need, when they are not on the block list. Thank you!
- (2022-03-07, v:1.6.0) Tao Ling: Go back to first unblocked site when redirected
So currently if you click on a link to a blocked site you will be redirected. If the user tries to go back it will keep going back to the blocked site and redirect. Is it possible to remove the blocked site off of the stack and make it go back to the page that was not blocked without the user right clicking the back button and manually selecting?
- (2022-02-26, v:1.6.0) Arian Alavi: Allowed sites disappearing
When I add an allowed site, sometimes the list of allowed sites will become cleared.
- (2022-02-20, v:1.6.0) Theo Weiss: Loophole to avoid block
Hello, there is a loophole to view blocked sites + disable the extension. the extension only works on active tabs ( perhaphs to conserve cpu power). as a result, you can open a blocked site and rapidly open a new window. this allows you to see the blocked site, and scroll through it. you can open the chrome://extensions page this way, and then disable the extension, against your prior will.
- (2022-02-16, v:1.6.0) Jennifer Hayslett: how to start?
I just added the app on chrome. Not sure how to get to the site to set my preferences.
- (2022-02-13, v:1.6.0) Selffriend: Increase the time for blocked website if time is spent on white-list websites
When people are very focusing on their work (a.k.a. using the white-list websites or work-related sites), there could be a reward: people receive some token to visit those blocked sites
- (2022-02-11, v:1.6.0) Roland Gemmell: Stopping the removal of Stay Focused
HI there, have found StayFocused to really help not getting sucked into internet surfing. Problem is - to get around StayFocused - to simply "Remove from Chrome" using the Extentions icon (jigsaw icon) Is there any option within StayFocused that would enable a user to mark it as "not removable" whether for a period of time (say next 24 hours), or can only be done at a certain time of the day? Regards, Roland
- (2022-01-10, v:1.6.0) Ka-Ping Yee: Settings: Daily Reset Time
I'm trying out StayFocusd 1.6.0, and discovered what looks like two bugs in Settings > Daily Reset Time: 1. After I click "Set" and then "OK", the number of minutes resets to 00. 2. After I click "Set" and then "OK", if I have selected PM, the hour resets to 11 AM. This makes it impossible to set a Daily Reset Time like 8:30 AM or 6:00 PM, for example. I'm still trying out StayFocusd to decide if it is the right intervention for me, but I hope this bug report is helpful!
- (2021-11-29, v:1.6.0) Jack Wilkins: Blocking websites that are not on my block list
I only have blocked social media websites on my block list. However, StayFocused also blocks my online banking website and other work-related website, even though they are not on my blocklist. This is highly frustrating -- instead of helping my productivity, StayFocused is actively hampering it. Can you fix this? Or give me a fix?
- (2021-11-26, v:1.6.0) Łukasz Rudnicki: password against removing?
Hello, Is any option for set a password in Stayfocused, before uninstall? Greeting, great product!
- (2021-11-25, v:1.6.0) vanessa ngyuen: adding more time to the nuclear option
Hi! I deployed the nuclear mode for 600 hours earlier, and it is set to expire tomorrow. I want to add about 100 more hours so it expires four days from now instead. Is there a way to do this without/before waiting for the timer to run out tomorrow? It's just that it would be easier to add time now while everything is blocked than to wrest myself away from distractions tomorrow to enable the nuclear mode again.
- (2021-11-24, v:1.6.0) Omid Ghafori: Blocking main site but not any subsites
Hi, I want disable reddit.com (the main feed) but not any of its subsites, as in posts that show up when I use google. Is that possible?
- (2021-11-05, v:1.6.0) Mantas Kuginis: Block home page, but not inner pages
Is it possible to block site home page for example: facebook.com, but allow all inner pages to be accessible facebook.com/pages/..., facebook.com/.... ?
- (2021-10-12, v:1.6.0) Виктория Овсянникова: ошиблась
Здравствуйте, я ошиблась при выборе режима пользования телефона и заблокировала телефон на рабочее время. У меня подключен строгий режим. Подскажите, пожалуйста, как мне разблокировать строгий режим?
- (2021-10-08, v:1.6.0) Bryan Evans: Limit per hour like you can per day
Hi, I'm looking for an extension that will limit the amount of time I spend on certain sites, but reset every hour or two. For example, I want to limit myself to 10 minutes of Reddit per hour because I can often find useful information on it, but I want to be sure that I don't lose myself in it and accidentally use up my whole day's allotment in one go.
- (2021-10-02, v:1.6.0) Fritz Allhoff: firefox?
Hello, I have Stay Focused on Chrome, and am really enjoying it! My challenge now is that it's just locking this one browser, which makes workarounds too easy. Do you support Firefox as well? Thanks!
- (2021-08-31, v:1.6.0) frieninja gaming: Nuclear help
I set my nuclear option to 24 hrs active on allowed sites and I forgot to allow stay focused. I am wondering if you guys have any access to the information I have put in to either A, send me a copy of my settings/blocked and allowed sites, or B, add the stay focused extension to my allowed sites. I just don't wanna have to go through and add all the blocked sites in again and I want to be able to allow sites when needed.
- (2021-08-28, v:1.6.0) Amitha Puranik: Need assistance to uninstall stay focused app on strict mode
Kindly guide on how to uninstall the app. Strict mode is on and I am unable to change the settings.
- (2021-08-21, v:1.6.0) Lisa: Cannot change 'Max Time Allowed'
I tried setting the Max Time Allowed to above 10 minutes and i'm unable to do that after clicking 'set'. I then tried setting the numer lower than 10 (i.e. 9 minutes) and I was able to change it but I cannot revert it back to 10 or any number higher than the one I've just set.
- (2021-08-20, v:1.6.0) Henrique Lima: Is it possible enable/disable it by machine without changing the chrome user?
I would know if i can enable/disable the extension by machine, without changing the chrome user. Is that possible? Great Work, I really like this ext.!
- (2021-07-28, v:1.6.0) Stephen Rosenman: why blocking tv stream?
I have Stayfocused to block one game (FreeCell) after 10 minutes each day. I have started watching the Olympics on free to air streamed and stayfocused has started blocking that even when tried to put the site on allowed sites
- (2021-07-22, v:1.6.0) Hamana Hamana: Small mismatch between allowed sites and blocked sites
When the nuclear timer is active, you can't remove allowed sites; the extension pops up saying "You cannot remove Blocked Sites while the Nuclear Option is active." You can still add the allowed site to the blocked site list to get around this, though.
- (2021-07-15, v:1.6.0) Chris McKitterick: Timer issue
The timer is counting down while I have a limited tab open but am looking at a different tab. Once I even got the 'shouldn't you be working' screen on an unlimited tab and the limited tab was still viewable, with the timer down to zero.
- (2021-07-14, v:1.6.0) Britton Kroessler: Activates on Random Pages
I've been finding that the extension activates on pages that are not on the block list or even remotely related to the sites. Example: I've got reddit on the list, yet will get blocked out from random LinkedIn or Youtube pages. Any ideas what's causing this?
- (2021-07-13, v:1.6.0) Ryan Siok: Timer continues after I close the tab of the limited page
Whatever chrome update that happened recently has caused the timer to continue counting after I have closed the limited tab. If I don't notice it, it will use all of the time and then flash the "Shouldn't You Be Working" page on the active tab even if it is not a website that is blocked.
- (2021-07-12, v:1.6.0) Gibbs Santos: Please add a initial installation setup
I understand the idea preventing cheating by having a delay of 24h to apply changes on active hours, but this is very annoying because this happens even when you just installed the extension and you are configuring it for the first time. As I try to change for the hours I'm working, just after the installation, I'll have to wait 24h for this change take effect. The only way to do this without been blocked for the entire day, instead of only working hours, is to change de active hours and don't add any website to the block list. After the 24h has past, then I started to add them. But guess what, if I open chrome in my laptop in the next day, the configuration is not saved, so I'll have to do this process AGAIN. This has prevent me of using the extension a couple of times before, so I'm trying to give you guys a feedback because I would really like to use the extension on a daily basis. Try to create a First setup after installing the extension, and this changes take place immediately. If people start to use that for cheating, like, uninstalling the extension and installing again, well, this is not your problem, is theirs. People who would do this, can do it already and the 24h delay won't stop them. But people who wants to use the extension as intended needs to have a better user experience, I suggest to focus on these ones!
- (2021-07-06, v:1.6.0) Walt D: No more website can be add on the Blocked Sites list
Hey, Thanks for this helpful application ! When i add some website on the Blocked Sites list they are block. But when i close chrome and open it again the last website are allow again. In fact the last website add on the Blocked Sites list have disappear of the list ! Thanks for any advice or solution !
- (2021-07-04, v:1.6.0) AJ: nuclear mode wont work anymore
it used to work great before...i have turned it on but its not working helpp
- (2021-07-04, v:1.6.0) AJ: pls give option of two nuclear modes
pls give option of two nuclear modes
- (2021-07-04, v:1.6.0) AJ: nuclear mode wont work anymore
please help all of a sudden my nuclear mode isnt working it used to work fine before...now it shows its turned on but not working please fix it :(
- (2021-07-02, v:1.6.0) banglacow banglacow: the good old OMG message
any way we can get the OMG should your be working old pluck your head out message back?
- (2021-06-30, v:1.6.0) Renata Corsini De Sales: Problem in the counting down timer
Hey, same error than the reported by Venkata Ramana Uppala and i'm using google chrome. When I switch from one tab that is on the "blocked sites" list to another tab that is not on the blocked list (even for a tab that is actually in the allowed list) the time allowed for blocked sites keep counting down.
- (2021-06-27, v:1.6.0) Aden Ven: StayFocusd blocks sites that aren't on block list - stalker option misbehavior
Hey, I've ran into a problem where StayFocusd would claim I got onto an unblocked site from a blocked site when in reality I clicked on it on the Chrome startup page. Furthermore, now that the timer's up, StayFocusd blocks the unblocked site even if I click on it through the Favorites bar. Also, when I clicked on a different unblocked site tab, which was opened as a default startup page, the Stalker timer kept running (which didn't happen the first time the Chrome window was opened). I worked around the issue by placing the site in question on the Allowed list, but it's annoying regardless.
- (2021-06-26, v:1.6.0) Tushar Agarwal: Unable to complete the challenge
Hi! I was trying to pass the challenge and I wrote every single words correctly everytime, however there is no option to submit, i dont know what to do after retyping the text. I clicked ENTER, clicked on close button as well, waited for 5 mins, but nothing worked. What do I do? I need to access the settings, but am unable to do so. Please help as fast as possible.
- (2021-06-25, v:1.6.0) ishaan mittal: Nuclear Option
When I start nuclear option It doesn't show me the time remaining for the nuclear option to get over.(It just shows me the symbol of activated nuclear option). how do I make it show me the time remaining for it to get over?
- (2021-06-18, v:1.6.0) Kirk Evans: Occasionally I'm Blocked at Startup
Generally a great extension (thanks!!) but I've noticed (in Opera/Chrome Windows 10) that on some days my sites are blocked immediately, shortly after system startup. I've allowed myself 3 minutes of free time before the blocking kicks in - and this works most of the time, but on some days not. I've set the daily reset time (5:15 pm) to after the blocking window (ends 5 pm), and almost every day the reset time is hit, and so you'd think resetting would clear it. I know how hard intermittent bugs are to fix, but just thought I'd post this. Thanks again for a greatly needed extension!
- (2021-06-07, v:1.6.0) Dale Meyer-Curley: Blocking allowed site
For some reason Messages for Android is getting blocked. I've added it to the allowed sites, and it is still blocking it. Any reason why that is happening?
- (2021-06-02, v:1.6.0) Simon Janssens: deleting allowed sites while in nuclear modus
When in nuclear mode the extension does not allow deleting allowed sites. This does not seem like intended behaviour.
- (2021-06-01, v:1.6.0) Venkata Ramana Uppala: Tracks time on non blocked sites when switching tabs
For example, I have amazon.com in the list of blocked sites, when I visit amazon.com, it starts counting down the time and it continues even when I switch to a different tab with some other site. On that site, when I click on the extension icon, it says that I am on amazon.com even though it is a different site. Seems like there is some bug in understanding the URL on tab switching. I am using Microsoft Edge on MAC.