StayFocusd increases your productivity by limiting the amount of time that you can spend on time-wasting websites.
You sit down at the computer, and you swear you'll be productive. Next thing you know, it's twelve hours later. You've checked your email, updated your Facebook status, blown through 200 pages of Reddit, read every article in your Twitter feed, looked up your favorite band on Wikipedia, vanity googled yourself, cyber-stalked your ex, browsed through all your high-school crushes' Instagram feeds, and lost a week's pay playing online poker. What you haven't done is WORK. StayFocusd is a productivity extension for Google Chrome that helps you stay focused on work by restricting the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites. Once your allotted time has been used up, the sites you have blocked will be inaccessible for the rest of the day. It's highly configurable, allowing you to block or allow entire sites, specific subdomains, specific paths, specific pages, even specific in-page content (videos, games, images, forms, etc). Problems? Questions? Suggestions? Effusive praise? Email [email protected] Want to be notified about upgrades and fixes? Follow @stayfocusd at http://twitter.com/stayfocusd PRIVACY NOTICE: StayFocusd does not collect *any* personal information, nor does it track any information about which sites you have visited or for how long. It also does not transmit any of your data off your own computer. The lone exception is that it uses Google Sync to sync your Blocked Sites and Allowed Sites to your other computers. You can disable that feature from the Customize tab in the StayFocusd settings page. LATEST VERSION : 1.6.0 # Bug fixes - Fixed: Error setting Active Days if Nuclear Option has never been set before. - Fixed: Close button on Challenge window doesn't work. - Fixed: Resetting Challenge text to default doesn't immediately replace custom text in Options page # Improvements - Redesigned StayFocusd logo and icons - Refreshed design of Options, Help, and Changelog pages - Removed unused identity permission from manifest - Reduced likelihood of false positives with Stalker Option - Added warning about using non-English characters in custom Challenge text
- (2021-04-11) dien Khuongcong: nó chặn
- (2021-04-09) Rupankar Das: Absolutely loved it, I don't need any blocking extension with a ton of features, this one's touch all the necessary tings we need to keep going and I absolutely love it. I just hope that the UI/UX improves a bit but it's still not to be taken into consideration as we wont be messing with the panel very often. BTW A SOLID 5 STARS FROM ME!
- (2021-04-09) Ömer Ayhan: I've tried many extensions but this is the only one that saved from being unproductive so far. It has all the great features they've mentioned but the most I liked is the settings being non-changeable after the app started which doesn't let you cheat when you wanna work consistently. It was so good I was even gonna donate for the app but sadly I live in turkey and paypal is not accessible in here
- (2021-04-08) Bhargav Shirke: it's one of the best extension and plus it's free
- (2021-04-07) Lexy Courneya: I don't usually write reviews, but this extension is incredible, especially for being free! Thank you to everyone who designed this! Helpful Tip: To prevent myself from using Incognito Mode to circumnavigate the extension, I disabled Incognito Mode using these steps: https://www.technipages.com/chrome-disable-incognito-mode . I'm not a tech person, but removing Incognito Mode was much simpler than I expected it to be.
- (2021-04-06) Ali: wanted to block twitter (im so glad i blocked it because lets be honest. its bs.) it has helped me so much! i hope i can be free from this BS app. this helps
- (2021-04-04) George K: Gives a ton of "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received. " errors. Seems like this has been happening for two years. https://github.com/gatsbyjs/gatsby/issues/9899#issuecomment-464819325 Gotta fix them!
- (2021-04-01) user name: I love the humor in the copywriting
- (2021-03-31) Andre Ricaforte: Absolutely amazing extension, but I'd love it more if I could set specific times where the sites I set could be unblocked, instead of having a single timer throughout the day.
- (2021-03-23) lavignia costa: como usa???
- (2021-03-23) Nilay Patel: Stayfocusd is too sensitive. Despite having a white/blacklist methodology, all too often websites that are not on the blacklist get blocked. I then have to whitelist the website to access it. Annoyingly, the protections the app offers makes it very hard to whitelist a site, on the fly. I get that this is the point of the app, but ultimately, to be so strict in its rules, it needs to be much more accurate.
- (2021-03-22) Jenny Rich: I have ADHD and will often end up on social media without even realising. I've run into the pop-up at least a dozen times in the last hour alone, and it makes me laugh every time, because I never intended to go on that website in the first place. Definitely increases productivity! My one complaint is that it does not explain what the 'challenge' is before you activate that setting. Missed the option to test it entirely. If I had known what it was, I would never have clicked it. Because of the ADHD, it took me at least twenty attempts and a great deal of frustration to turn it off again. So I ended up missing a lot of work that way. Bear in mind that people with dyslexia will also struggle with it disproportionately, so DO NOT TURN ON CHALLENGE MODE. Please. For your own sake. And I'm hoping the developers might think again about how well it is explained. Or maybe even force us to test it before activating, if you're feeling extra kind.
- (2021-03-22) Fareena Ilisya: love itt , super productive and has a great sense of humor !!
- (2021-03-18) Diego Alonso: This app should work in incognito mode
- (2021-03-17) Tormod Osen: It just works. Been using it for years now. Dev deems like a decent person too, and not at all a CIA agent who is blocking peoples Facebook as part of a vast racist conspiracy, as has been alleged.
- (2021-03-14) Sam Jeannin: VERY BAD. it tells you the site you blocked IS blocked but it isn't, i can go on, it and use it as a I wish
- (2021-03-11) darsh Khr: This is best one on chrome, effective & free
- (2021-03-10) Shashank Prasanna: It is awesome! Helps me stay focused on my work. Problem is, I can't set it for two times a day, and so I can't use blocked sites during my lunch break. Would have been 5 starts except for this inconvenience
- (2021-03-10) Claire Mahusay: Great extension but it's weird how we can't set 0 minute allowed usage for our blocked websites.
- (2021-03-08) alexander perez: Simple, maybe no so much but simple, and it works.
- (2021-03-05) John Man: Very helpfull app.The only one i found that actually works on all levels and is free.I never pay for apps but I am considering donating to the makers of this app.
- (2021-03-05) EMAAN ALI BIABANI: It doesn't let me change the time allowed for blocklisted websites from the default 10 mins. I wish it did because the other features are great. Please fix this!
- (2021-03-03) Thảo Nguyễn: This is the funniest and helpful extension. Sorry that I extend my allowance time to stay more time on Twitter despite being convinced by the extension multiple times :3 Anyway, it's a great extension that help me be on top of my courses throughout these pandemic online learning times. Would recommend for everyone!
- (2021-03-01) Edward Bennett: A useful extension :)
- (2021-02-26) Arik Cool: This is really great with everything totally FREE. Every single thing is free but if really want to help then you can use the donation feature. Overall this Awesome so I would recommend. Thank You so much.
- (2021-02-24) Caroll Carollzinha: Genial!
- (2021-02-24) James Barry: Incredibly easy to set up. Intuitive UI that makes customizing it a breeze. I also love the fact that the interface encourages you not to waste more time (do you really want to increase the time limit on this time wasting website....? Are you sureeeee?) It's great!
- (2021-02-21) Collin Mccoll: Really innovative and clean!
- (2021-02-17) Funda Can: hated it! It was kind of a natural reflex to me to write social media url to and lost myself for hours without even noticing. and I have to finish my thesis, you know. So I block alll the social media on my PC for the next 700 hours. everytime I type facebook without noticing, it redirect me to a page, saying ''Shouldn't you be working?'' Yes goddemit. I should. Sİnce I started using this extension, the end seemed closer to me. The end is near, I made a huge progress thanks to you guys! You are my hero, fighting against my social media addiction. Love you <3
- (2021-02-11) Juan Sandoval S: Tienes que saber utilizarlo bien para sacarle todo el provecho. Una gran ayuda.
- (2021-02-08) Ed Atkin: Pretty much exactly what I needed. Add a bunch of sites to your blocked list, set timer to whatever you want and smash that go nuclear button. Keeps me off junk-sites and focussed on what's important in life - not mindlessly scrolling through my Twitter feed looking at things I don't really care about.
- (2021-02-06) Akash Reddy: Honestly, I really didn't wanted a EXTENSION to control myself, but decided to get one. I could do with just the meager option of blocking a site/domain. No extra options needed. The "Blocksite" extension literally asks me to pay charges headon, allowing only 5 sites to be blocked in the free version -_- -_- -_-. What the! lol. So, I loved "stayfocusd". Love the Dev's sense of humor, and yea, I wouldn't compromise our friendship over a few minutes of internet. Again, Thanks a lot!.
- (2021-02-03) Daniel Fulford: Cannot change Maximum Time Allowed Per Day on Vivaldi | Fedora 33.
- (2021-02-03) Daniel McBurnie: A good idea, but the life blood of the extension (the "timer") is so odd and off rhythm it's hilarious. Some "seconds" last for as long as 5 seconds. I'd estimate that giving yourself 30 minutes actually lasts closer to an hour. It's crazy to me that this one simple function doesn't work, rendering the whole thing inconsistent.
- (2021-02-02) Yashvi M: 100% recommended! Its a simple, basic and nice extension. When I was stuck at some points, I mailed and got the reply in just 2 hrs! They are helpful and I really thank developer(s) to built such a nice and useful extension.
- (2021-02-01) Jonah Shrock: Great app!
- (2021-02-01) Артём Пешков: I go sleep at 4-6 AM (night) and wake up at 2-4 PM (day). So, your program don't allow me to set this "active hours" range. I understand my case not common, but isn't time setting must be universal in this way? Fix pls?
- (2021-02-01) Aadhavan and Shruthi Sridharan: luv it
- (2021-01-20) 최용혁: 공부를 하거나 일을 할 때 안깔아선 안되는 확장 프로그램.
- (2021-01-18) 应耀鹏: 关闭chrome浏览器之后，计时重置了，这是正常的吗？
- (2021-01-09) A S: Very helpful extension to me for getting schoolwork done. Thank you.
- (2021-01-07) Stopdatamining Redacted: great idea and an amazing extension. leaving out a star because the nuke em should have a permanent option. i don't like that i have to enable it every time i open the browser.
- (2021-01-04) Nils Wiiburg: Is not working at all!!! Al the websites I inserted are still not blocked. What a shame!
- (2021-01-02) Josh Scheidler: This is really great, but for the love of God, if you use the "Require Challenge" option, create your own short text. You have to type the challenge perfectly without any mistakes or it makes you start over completely. For a sentence or two this is fine, but this complex paragraph, I struggled to not make any typing error. I had to delete the extension, losing all my settings, and reinstall. If it's so annoying it's making you go that far, then it's defeating the purpose.
- (2021-01-01) dundundun dun: 진짜 허용 시간을 늘릴거야? 정말 더 필요하니? 할 일 해야 하는 거 아니었니? 자꾸 설정 바꾸려 하는데 눈속임하려는 건 아니지? 이런 느낌임
- (2020-12-27) Andrew: dumbest extension ever
- (2020-12-22) Петр Панда: Через несколько дней после перехода на сайты оявляется реклама стороннего приложения freedom.to с подпиской, которую невозможно удалить или закрыть, приходится удалять приложение и снова устанавливать. Я не против рекламы, но он обязана закрываться или заканчиваться, а реклама, которую невозможно скрыть - это уже нарушение условий размещения приложения
- (2020-12-17) H C: Very helpful for making me stay on-task. Even though I hate it when I want to surf, I know it's best for me. It has some problems, but it is still the best focusing tool out there. The nuclear option is very helpful. Okay now that I've had it for a year I don't like it as much but it still deserves 5 out of 5. It still tracks your time even when you're minimized and on a different profile. I have a google profile for school and for home, and it tracks my tab when I'm not on it. Also, this doesn't have a per site timer option or a multiple time ranges to track. WasteNoTime is another extension I use in conjunction with this, and the work well together.
- (2020-12-15) Gamer Swapnil: Bruh, this is such an underrated extension
- (2020-12-15) Maryam Moqaddas: What more can I want? it knows my procrastinator mind PERFECTLY.
- (2021-04-09, v:1.6.0) Rupankar Das: Requesting permission to modify your extension and need help
Greetings :D! I am a UI developer and recently fell in love with your extension, helps a lot to kill distractions form YT but as a UI dev I just have a bit of a hunch on your timeout page's design, and I was wondering how can I change the url to redirect it to my page (stored locally), and I don't seem to find it anywhere. Could you please help me out by providing the exact path of where can i change the url from this one ( "http://www.stayfocusd.com/?background" ) to my custom one. Thanks in Advance :)
- (2021-04-05, v:1.6.0) qc m: Can‘t block extension management website on 360 speed browser
Hi, Stayfocusd is amazing and really helps me a lot! These days I am getting trouble with blocking the extension management website on 360 speed browser, the website is chrome://myextensions/, I used 'block the whole site' but it just doesn't work! I am wondering if I can do other things to block it site, thanks!
- (2021-03-30, v:1.6.0) Sylvain Garden: web console error flood
please fix stayfocusd flooding the web console with "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received". reading suggestion: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59914490/chrome-extensions-unchecked-runtime-lasterror-the-message-port-closed-before
- (2021-03-23, v:1.6.0) Petar Cekic: Spam in chrome dev tools
I like using the addon, however it keeps spamming `Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.` Over the course of a few minutes, I get this error a few thousand times in my chrome dev console. It is very annoying while working. This is caused by the extension, I don't get the errors if I remove it.
- (2021-03-22, v:1.6.0) Jason: A More Friendly Default Redirect Message
I love that you can customize the "redirect message", but I don't think a lot of people know about it. The default message of "Shouldn't you be working?" could use some tuning. Seeing this message shames the user (even if it is true), and may contribute to more negative behaviors like procrastination and feelings of failure. Contrasted to Freedom, which just says things like "You are free" - it feels great, and makes me glad that the app saved me from myself.
- (2021-03-18, v:1.6.0) Jonathan Nguyen: Is there a way to make file pages such as file:///C:/ to be unblocked?
Hello, I am using the nuclear option and found it to be helpful. I was wondering if there is way to make file pages (for example: file:///C:/Users/UserName/document/x/x/x.pdf) to be viewable once turning on the nuclear option? Also is there a way for to make all file pages to be marked as wildcard, so I don't have to manually add them? Thank you for taking time considering my question and for creating this extension!
- (2021-03-17, v:1.6.0) Nadya Novak: Time remaining notifications stopped working
The just stopped appearing all of a sudden. I've checked the settings, tried removing and readding all the notifications, tried reinstalling the plugin, nothing. The clock just runs out with none of the five warnings ever popping up
- (2021-03-14, v:1.6.0) Brittney Merryweather: Chrome on my phone
Hi, I use Chrome as a browser on my phone to access the internet, but I am noticing that it is not deducting time when I use chrome on my phone to go to the restricted sites. I am signed into the same chrome account as my laptop, but it does not seem to be syncing. Is this normal?
- (2021-03-14, v:1.6.0) Olivia Sorensen: Switching apps w/ separate window on blocked site drains time
I've just spent an hour working on a separate app, and I found that StayFocusd had been running all that time. I did not leave Chrome on a blocked site; however, I did have a blocked site open in a minimized window. I did a bit of testing, and I found out that if I switch to a different app with a blocked site running in a separate Chrome window (minimized or open), StayFocusd will subtract time, even if it wasn't the last Chrome window viewed (this has never happened to me before). It will not detract time if the blocked site is not the "open" tab on a window.
- (2021-03-11, v:1.6.0) Константин Дубынин: о приложении удалить
хочу удалить все расширения вместе с приложением, как это сделать без болезненно для ноутбука
- (2021-03-07, v:1.6.0) Nick Cihlar: Urgent, StayFocusd malfunctioning for long, no reply
Hi there. I've e-mailed you three times about this with no response yet......StayFocusd is not even working at all. Please write me soon. I understand when you're busier with customers. I'm expecting to block mainly porn sites and limit how long I may use the computer. So nice!!!! As we were at last, I'm unable to move the company icon to the inside of the Web address tray. The icon's to the right of the tray. I can access the options, not seeing any work yet. I believe in you about this. Super vision you have! Thanks thanks thanks!
- (2021-03-03, v:1.6.0) St v S.: More Nuclear Options
Not sure if it has been said before, but it would be nice to be able to install more Nuclear Options. For example: one from 7.00 to 8.00 and another one from 9.00 to 9.30 and another one from 10.30 to 11.00. Love the app though!
- (2021-02-28, v:1.6.0) Ben Cohen: Time Increments
First of all, this extension is amazing! The humor the developer put in certain popups is great. However, I would appreciate the ability to use the max time allowed in increments. For example: I allow myself ten minutes on distracting sites. I would be able to use five of those ten minutes, but after that I have to work for an hour before I can use the other five.
- (2021-02-28, v:1.6.0) Nathan Foulk: Recurring nuclear option
I love StayFocusd! Proud user for several years now. I thought I would try to implement a recurring nuclear option starting at 10:32 pm every day (including weekends) for 18 hours (so it should run until 4:32 pm of the next day). This worked great for two days, but today it didn't seem to start nuclear mode, since I've been able to browse any site today, and I'm currently leaving this review at 4:28 pm. (technically 4 minutes before it should end, though as I said, I've browsed all day). Any ideas what could interfere with the daily nuclear option running correctly? I'm on Ubuntu, Chrome version 81.0.4044.138
- (2021-02-23, v:1.6.0) Jonathan Krone: Extension floods Network tab in browsers' DevTools
Hi, there! It seems that a recent update changed the way you're bundling the UI for the extension, causing the Network tab in all the browsers' DevTools to be flooded with a whole bunch of requests for different slices of the app. This is cool, I'm a fan of these app bundling features, but in this case it really floods the console. I'm seeing 33 XHR requests just to put together the UI for StayFocused that is never displayed. As I spend a lot of time in the DevTools professionally, I've got to disable StayFocused until this is changed.
- (2021-02-21, v:1.6.0) Jonny Davis: Chromebook Usage
Is this extension fully compatible with Chromebooks? Thank You.
- (2021-02-21, v:1.6.0) Tanuj Kumar: StayFocusd ran on a site that was not in my blocked site list
A site that I was on (https://www.pveducation.org/pvcdrom/pn-junctions/doping) started deducting time from the timer when in fact this site is not in the blocked sites list; I had to add it to the allowed list to remove this problem.
- (2021-02-19, v:1.6.0) dilip kachhwaha: regarding nuclear option
i can crash stay focus in nuclear mode by just using shift key+h and then end task it plss do something because i want to stay focussed
- (2021-02-19, v:1.6.0) Tets Mats: multiple block time range
I hope to have multiple block time range like WasteNoTime has.
- (2021-02-11, v:1.6.0) DHS: Whitelisted sites still blocked!
Hi guys, love the app. Not sure if it's just my Chromebook, but despite whitelisting the following sites, they still get blocked. I also setup my account to where all .com sites other than the ones on whitelist are blocked. Can you try it on your end? brilliant.org therecount.com speechify.com Did you face the same issue? Is this a solveble issue?
- (2021-02-03, v:1.6.0) SARVESH DUBEY: Is there a way to lock the extension from being deleted?
It's very easy to just delete the chrome extension when I feel bored! Is there any way around?
- (2021-02-02, v:1.6.0) jacob bernstein: The Nuclear Option
Hi. After a customization to limit my time on certain websites I selected the nuclear option and believe that I blocked my entire ability to use the web instead of just those sites. I need to be able to browse for work. I just need to limit a select group.
- (2021-01-29, v:1.6.0) Attila Gábor: sharing between machines
I have 2 computers one for work and another for home use, but they share the same google account, so when I installed at work, I also got it for home pc. I set the active hours for 9am-5pm at the work computer, and when I arrived home I noticed these settings are NOT transferred between computers, so I am blocked at home for the entire day (default). I tried to change settings at home, but now it takes 24 hours to take action. Is it possible to separate the two profiles completely or to keep the settings synchronised?
- (2021-01-18, v:1.6.0) adan ruiz: tarea
- (2021-01-10, v:1.6.0) Mahadev Kachhap: Block by words
Is there option for block by words?
- (2021-01-09, v:1.6.0) A S: Feature Request: Allow lowering of max time limit after you have run out of time
Currently, if you run out your time limit, there is no way to change it. (Forward or backward) It would be nice if I could lower the time limit even after I run it out.
- (2021-01-08, v:1.6.0) Arvid Petermann: set maximal time allowed per day to 0
Hey, is it possible to somehow set the maximum time allowed per day to 0?
- (2021-01-05, v:1.6.0) Chere Burdette: basic use guide
help guide useful assistance I am clueless on how this app works however after a melt down when it blocked me from using my phone and I didn't for how long or what to do to stop it; I managed to uninstall the app after accidentally setting strict mode. I will reinstall it but I am a wee bit nervous about this app as it feels like flying blind without a help guide.... otherwise it seems like an awesome app - I love the education timer option.
- (2021-01-05, v:1.6.0) Chere Burdette: help guide useful assistance
I am clueless on how this app works however I managed to uninstall the app after accidentally setting strict mode. I will reinstall it but I am a wee bit nervous about this app as it feels like flying blind without a help guide
- (2021-01-04, v:1.6.0) Addie Petersen: Blocking random sites?
Hello! I'm having a problem where random sites that are not on my blocked sites list are being blocked. Specifically, the favorites page on Thredup and specific video links to watch on Hulu have been blocked on StayFocusd, but neither website is blocked on blocked sites list. This is happening when I navigate to these links from the home page of each respective website.
- (2020-12-30, v:1.6.0) Jal Haille: minor little bug?
experiencing a small issue where my timer turns red and resumes countdown when i have my NOTES app up, of all things, lol. very strange. am on mac, in chrome, and i have both normal and incognito windows open. stayfocused enabled in both. and it's just the normal stock notes app, whatever comes with mac. it should have nothing to do with the internet. how strange!
- (2020-12-24, v:1.6.0) Nikhil Awasthi: Good extension with A big LOOPHOLE
Its fantastic but even if you block access to chrome extensions, you can still remove stayfocused just by typing it to google and opening first link, it directly take you to the page where you see option of "remove this extension"
- (2020-12-24, v:1.6.0) Sebastian rosso: no puedo usar
como se hace
- (2020-12-18, v:1.6.0) Kurt: Youtube Loophole
Hi there, First off, thanks for making this extension, I anticipate getting a lot of use out of it. There's a bit of a loophole, especially for people with multiple monitors, but even people using two windows on on the same monitor, but you can play a YouTube video in one window, and as long as it's not the focused window, the timer doesn't count down. So someone could run YouTube on the side and avoid running down the timer. I'm not sure if you could have the app detect if a video is playing and keep the timer counting down, but it's a loophole I could see being used. I know I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but figured I'd throw it out there. -Kurt
- (2020-12-11, v:1.6.0) Bacon Watches YT: Suggestion
This is a great extension but I have a suggestion. Possibly make a mode which is Nuclear Mode but allows you to set breaks in between where website blocking is disabled.
- (2020-12-10, v:1.6.0) Helen Zheng: Extreme proctrastinator
Hi! So first of all, can I just say... LOVE this extension. Probably one of the best I ever used. Okay, anyways, I have a suggestion that I think could help people who are master procrastinators, like me. Could you maybe modify the extension a bit or add an option that makes it impossible for you to modify the max time allowed the day you're using it. Because as I am a master procrastinator, I find ways. For example, as I know were not allowed to modify the max time allowed setting once our allowed time for the day is expired, I would change the max time allowed maybe one or two minutes before I'm blocked from the websites. I know it's bad for me to continue procrastinating like this and I try to stop but sometimes I just need something to remind me to stop and get to work. And the fact that I am allowed to change the max time allowed whenever I want as long the time for the day hasn't expired is a real problem for me. Anyways, hope you can add this as an option or something. It would REALLY, really help me. Thanks :)
- (2020-12-08, v:1.6.0) Marion Pape: Block website as of certain time
Hi there, Thanks for this very helpful extension! Is it perhaps possible to add an option that no matter how much of the allotted time has passed, as of e.g. 10pm all websites on the blocked list are off limits? Many thanks, Marion
- (2020-12-07, v:1.6.0) OKAY BB: h
Boclked by adddminm
- (2020-12-01, v:1.6.0) Kriti Singh: StayFocusd is blocking websites i didn't add to the list!
I was using my work website (asana.com) which i didnt add to the blocked websites link, but it seems to start the countdown timer every time i open it!
- (2020-11-28, v:1.6.0) Ethan Ferrall: Only working in some windows
I use multiple windows so that I can organize all my tabs (e.g. each of my classes gets its own window). I've noticed that StayFocusd will take effect in some windows and not others. This means that regardless of whether I run out of time for the day or use the Nuclear Option, I am still able to access blocked sites from at least one of my windows. Do you know how to fix this? My productivity has been suffering :(
- (2020-11-27, v:1.6.0) Darien Magnus: Stalker option incorrectly applying timer
The stalker option is applying the timer to pages even when they are not accessed from a blocked site. Reproduction steps: Set twitter.com as the only blocked site/domain Head on over to https://barcsrescue.com/up-for-adoption View "Homers" page After a few seconds the timer is ticking banner pops up Notes: By the time you get to this Homer's page might be taken down, in that case try a few others. It does not seem consistent between pages.
- (2020-11-25, v:1.6.0) Felipe Sánchez: Accountability Partner
Great job on updating this extension to include a promotion of the Freedom app, guys! Thank you! The only reason this is not getting five stars is that you can easily remove this extension from the Chrome toolbar, which is fine, but I believe it is a good idea to have a setting where if you do that, then your accountability partner gets a report in his e-mail saying you removed it. Please take this into consideration and keep up the great work!
- (2020-11-23, v:1.6.0) A S: Possible feature: One time override
I don't know if you take feature requests, but I was wondering if you could add some kind of override feature after your time has expired. I use stayfocused while doing homework and sometimes I need to go to blocked sites for school (like youtube). I think that adding an override feature where the user can set the number of overrides they have would be helpful in preventing this. I could have one time access to the site and then it blocks it if I go to it again. I understand if you can't do this, but would greatly appreciate it if you did make this feature come to life. Thank you.
- (2020-11-15, v:1.5.11) Freya T: Challenge question on the fritz
As I try and answer the challenge question it does not let me finish and keeps starting me over. Im unable to finish it to actually go in and change the settings. I accidently turned the question on before finishing setting up the app so I definitely need in.
- (2020-11-08, v:1.5.11) Annabelle A: Blocking Sites
The app has started blocking sites that aren't on my blocklist. The stalker option is not on. How do I fix this?
- (2020-11-07, v:1.5.11) Иван Ботов: Maximum Time Allowed Per Day does not change
Hello, I've encountered strange problem recently. When I try to increase Maximum Time Allowed Per Day from original 10 minutes, it just sets back to 10 minutes. But I can decrease this parameter (but in this situation I can't return it to 10 minutes).
- (2020-10-28, v:1.5.11) Michael Leggett: Nuclear option on active days not working?
I have the nuclear option set to go off on Active Days (only Monday and Wednesday are checked). But it is triggering on other days too (like today, Tuesday). It seems pretty straight forward... but maybe I am doing something wrong or it isn't supposed to work that way?
- (2020-10-21, v:1.5.11) martin abraham: Set intervals
Hello, It would be great if you could setup intervals of time in the set active hours options, this will be usefull for kids who use CLASSROOM, so they can visit other pages like youtube while waiting between classes. For example set a time from 9 to 10 AM and another from10:30 to 1:00 PM.
- (2020-10-21, v:1.5.11) Samir Vakil: Website path blocks and exceptions
I'd like to block www.youtube.com to avoid being fed the random recommended content, but would still like to be able to go to www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions as well as any video hosted on the site. Any way to block the home page without blocking the entirety of the site?
- (2020-10-14, v:1.5.11) Brian Meyers: All Sites Being Allowed
First of all, this extension has definitely helped me curb my non-work internetting while at work, so thank you for that! But recently I had an IT person coming on my computer to install some new software, and I was concerned that if they were using chrome for downloads and whatnot the extension might interfere with their work, so I added *.com to the allowed site list. After they were done, I removed that from the list of allowed sites, but it is still allowing all .com sites, which defeats the purpose of the extension. What's odd is that the extension icon is still green for the sites I have actually allowed, while the icon is showing all other .com sites as blue. So it's like it's not seeing them as allowed, but it's also not counting them toward my allotted time, so I now essentially have unlimited time and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set it straight.